Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Has anyone tried the Coffee extract? I’m testing it now @ 1% after a three week steep. It tastes very sweet, much more so than just VG and it’s not very strong. I’m wondering if it’s made to be sweet or if I need to make a stronger test batch or both?

4 Likes

Going to sit down for some single flavor testing tonight. Before that i have got to say that all of the singles that i mixed are incredible on a finger taste test. That Pineapple… Finally a pineapple i think i will enjoy muchly.

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit I havent tried to, to be honest i havent really liked any coffee type flavoring that i have purchased. at least not enough to vape it regularly. But i have gone to 2.5% on some of these extracts in mixed %.

4 Likes

Thanks, yeah I’ll try a 10ml @ 1.5% so if it’s still too weak I can add a bit more and if it’s too sweet I can try some Dark Bean. It’s a nice flavor though from what I can tell.

4 Likes

I haven’t mixed this yet (probably later this week) but these will be my starting percents:

Vanilla Cheesecake Custard v1 (RFSC)
1.50% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
1.00% Cheesecake (Real Flavors)
1.00% Graham Cracker (Real Flavors)

I also came up with this idea when testing my current 18 single flavor testers:

Indian Bread v1 (RFSC)
1.50% Baked Bread (Real Flavors)
1.00% Fried Dough (Real Flavors)
0.60% Brown Sugar (Real Flavors)

I am hoping it will remind me of the native American Indian bread I used to get when we went up north near the reservations.

I might try adding a little RF Sugar Cookie or using that instead of the Brown Sugar depending how the above turns out.

I also made a v1.1 recipe with 3% TFA DX Cinnamon Danish that I will eventually sub RF’s Cinnamon Toast or Cinnamon Roll with when I get those.

8 Likes

Got my last 6 SF testers mixed up yesterday and set to the back row of my tray:
Marshmallow x 1.5%
Graham Cracker x 1.5%
Cake Batter xx 1.5%
Condensed Milk x 1.5%
Rice Krispy x 2.0%
Sugar Cookie x 1.3%

The first 6 I mixed all together in a large bottle to free up more 30ml tester bottles. The resulting mix was a bit weak since they averaged out under 1.5% total flavor so I dumped in a few other flavors that were almost empty: some VG Bread Pudding, FW Butterscotch and TFA DX Bavarian Cream.

I have been very happy with all my single flavor tests so far though some I wish I would have tested a bit higher. One of the surprises was how good Cookies and Cream was at 2.5%.

8 Likes

oh boy just one day old and at such a low percent this Sugar Cookie is really good. I also tried the Rice Krispy and Marshmallow so far today which definitely need more steep time. Will hopefully test the other 3 new ones today then let them sit for a week or so before testing again.

I have been testing all these single flavors between 0.8 and 2.5 percent but I have found for single flavor big batches of the first 3 flavors I got (Pumpkin Pie, French Toast and Baklava) from Walmart so far, or total flavors in a RF SC recipe, 3.5% seems ideal for me but I haven’t tried going higher yet. I guess I need to try a small tester of one of those 3 I have done at 3.5% at a higher percent like 5% and see how it does.

6 Likes

I was just wondering if it was ok to put my raw extracts flavoring into HDPE dropper bottles? Or do I need to use PET bottles? I transferred some into bottles I had gotten from bullcity but I’m not sure what they are. They seem more like HDPE bottles because they are the soft squeeze type but don’t have anything written on the bottom of them and nothing on they’re website. I feel like the bubblegum flavor wasn’t going so well in that bottle. It made the bottle seem like it was a little more mushy then it was before I put the flavoring in there. I’ve really only noticed it with the bubblegum. I only did about 10 flavors with those bottle because that’s all I had. I just got some darker bottles from vaporworld.biz and on the bottom they say HDPE so I was just wanting some input. Thanks @Walt_RealFlavors

1 Like

I finally got done mixing up all my solo flavors and was just doing a little hand taste on a few. I really liked the bread pudding vg flavor when I tried it. I feel like I’m getting some of the same notes as bread pudding when I mix the French Toast and Cinnamon Roll extract flavors. The only difference is the bread pudding is a little heavier on the cinnamon then the cinnamon roll. I’m sure you could get it the same if you added a little bit of the cinnamon red hots to it as well. Happy mixing :smile:

As a start this is what I would try

bread pudding 1

Ingredient %
Cinnamon Roll (SC) (Real Flavors) 1
French Toast (SC) (Real Flavors) 2
Red Hot Cinnamon (SC) Real Flavors 0.25

Flavor total: 3.25%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

I’m going to mix this up now and try it out. Sometimes my tongue lies and then when I vape it I get that nasty flavor that I get from a certain chemical. So this is a taste test not something I actually vaped.

3 Likes

I just finished mixing up the following at 1.5% (SC) for testing and am wondering if it was too low, also how long has people been steeping for?
Coconut
Blackberry
French Toast

3 Likes

It tastes different to me as well. Probably just my imagination? Has anyone tried the Cream Soda SC yet? Wondering if that might be better?

2 Likes

I’m thinking 2.5-3% is the starting point for me on solo flavors. I think the adjustments for myself are when I actually mix up a recipe and not using that percentage when blending with other flavors.

4 Likes

Just mixed RF SC bavarian cream at 3% SF 120ml! Lol Shake and Vape amazing flavor. Tastes like a marshmallow vanilla pudding right now. We will see how it develops as she steeps. Walt? Is the cream cheese SC Cream cheese like for a bagel or Cream Cheese Icing??

2 Likes

thx @juice_junkie_lover I’ll try these in another day, then add more flavoring to them if they still seem weak. I made 15ml testers, so it’ll be fairly easy to increase the testers strength if I test 5ml from them.

2 Likes

If it’s like the VG version as most seem to be then it’s the unsweetened bagel cream cheese. VG version was extremely strong, so if you try the SC, I would recommend starting with a drop. But it is delicious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This has been a great thread to read through. Very interested in real flavors now.
Out of interest can anyone tell me how the fruits compare to flavourart or inawera in terms of flavour and concentration. I personally find that even though flavourart tastes great a lot of them still need to be mixed up to 12-15% rather than the 3 or 4 referenced many times. However the inawera tends to be very concentrated and does only need 1 to 2 % as stated by many.
When real flavors lands in the UK I’ll definitely be trying out a good few flavours. Until then though I’d be very interested in people’s opinions in comparison to fa and inw.

1 Like

12-15% FA ! Wow, some FA are weaker like forrest fruit but i never go over 4%. Best bet is to combine it with another brand if you feel FA is not strong enough. I generally use FA 0.5-3% but always round out a profile with help from other brands. Inewera is strong and max out around 1.5% IMO but % vary quite a bit. The RF VG flavors many complain abput weakeness but use in the 7-12% range worked in my mixes. The RF SC are a different animal than most brands. %s seem fairly consistent 2.5-3.5% is the sweet spot for most i have tried. The SC are all very “clean” with no off notes and many are good right away. If you like strong AF flavoring FLV is more potent but much more difficult to work with

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’ll have to try rf out once they’re readily available here. From all the tasting notes and this thread they sound great. I’m a big fan of clean fruit flavours rather than the creams, dough or cake flavours so always looking for the best tasting fruits.
I tend to test all my flavours individually so I know how they taste in a standalone and then base this for my mixes. I think this is how I ended up with some rather high fa blends. My problem is that I’m impatient. I often mix and vape. If it’s too weak I up the concentrate or vice versa rather than letting it steep and develop.
This evening I made my first test batch of inw blackcurrant at 4%, vaped immediately and it’s disgusting! Then I recalled a specific note made by someone else stating that a steep for a few weeks and a good air for this is essential. It will be interesting to see how the flavour develops. I wish I had the patience and enough empty bottles to make batches at different strengths across all my flavours and then try them each week for a couple of months. I think it would really help to profile the flavours.

3 Likes

Yes this kind of testing is necessary. Knowing your flaves and strengths as a final product (after steeping) is crucial. Thankfully many here are willing to share their experience. I suspected impatience was how you got 15%! Lol. Inewera black current can be very sulphury at first. I use it low like .25% is plenty for myself

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say wow for a 8 flavor FA mix. 10-14% can be the max. Just saying. But yeah single flavor mixes just like realflavors can be between 0.5-3%. And for FA the normal I find for most general multi flavor mixes sit around 5-8%

4 Likes

I’m going to try this today and do a 10ml bottle with 0.25 and see how it turns out. If it has flavour that low I’m going to be very impressed. I’m looking for that quality to price ratio and if I can use concentrates as low as 1-3% I’ll be able to make huge amounts of liquid from just 10ml concentrate bottles. Currently I mainly mix with tpa as I get 90ml for about £5.50 and it’s so easy to mix with but I find I normally mix at 15-20% (yet melon only needs 3-5%!).
I know it’s hard to make comparisons unless looking at individual flavours specifically but I’ll keep my eye on all the fruit real flavour reviews and notes and as soon as I get chance to get hold of some will do a direct comparison. Blackcurrant is my flavour of choice, I currently have blackcurrant from tpa, fa, inw, vapours r us, vampire vape and vapable, I need to add real flavors to my list.

Is real flavours pg based? I can see there’s some vg base ones but wasn’t sure if the others are pg or something different. Also, what sort of price are people paying and for which bottle sizes?
I’m very tempted to see if I can get a friend to pick me some up and send it over.

1 Like