Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Your expectations of a $30 scale are quite high lol

3 Likes

@karen_fuller
Drops are the lest accurate way to work as I think you’ll find mostly because no two tips make the same sized drops as well as the surface tension of the different materials. I think the system default is 35 drops per gram but that can vary wildly from bottle to bottle and tip to tip.
The smallest drops are likely the needle tipped bottles like OOO uses and they are about 35 drops per gram.
Capella uses a more blunt end and are around the largest about 20 drops per
My supermarket eyedroppers range someplace in between at 27.
The disposable pipettes I checked are another number per @ about 24
As long as you know how many drops from what tip is how many grams or use the same tips and bottles for all to make it ID10T proof.
The recipe side lets you switch between drops and grams and I use both depending on if it’s a small 15ml tester I’m creating or a much larger batch of something I’m sure of the ratio on it’s all by weights.
My new-bee 2 cents.

7 Likes

Also, I doubt you would be able to taste the difference between 0.01 grams and 0.03 or 0.4 grams.

4 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors are you planning on making a “Mixed Nut” type of flavor?

2 Likes

Can we call it Club ELR? :stuck_out_tongue:

Not as of yet but I can put it on the list ha

6 Likes

Thanks Louiesquared I appreciate all
Imput…

2 Likes

Bob
Thanks for clearing it up
I was using the same size tip for all mls n drops to be more accurate
But idiot proof … lol might be impossible…
Ur all right 1-2 drops won’t break the record for recipe …
appreciate all your help
K

2 Likes

No just a small jewelry one would work for me if I could find posative feed back don’t really need such a large scale . Thanks Dr. Chud

1 Like

Hey just a heads up :stuck_out_tongue:

The Easter sale just kicked off on our main thread :smiley:

6 Likes

Yay!!!

Is the site still being tweaked? Sometimes the Orange Burst Candy is not seen when sorted by newness while other times I can find it in the side bar.

Looking forward to filling the cart!!!

EDIT: When I simply search via keyword, they are all properly shown.

2 Likes

my guess would be yes, total SC’s went up from 184 earlier today to 191 now.

vanilla ice cream finally… must resist the sale temptation…

7 Likes

Give into the sale and all of the goodies that have been posted along with the flavors…

:money_mouth:

Oh god, every time I update the page, new flavors appear, this could be dangerous…

6 Likes

i didnt see vanilla ice cream looks like ill be xhecking the site out again

3 Likes

Anyone have any further thoughts on Black Raspberry?
Is it true to the real black raspberry fruit taste?
I am finding it a very smooth,sweeter raspberry taste.
Can’t detect any sharp notes?
I have it in the VG but wondered if the SC is a better option?

1 Like

I have the SC, and I like it a lot. The blackberry is just as prominant to me as the raspberry, but it is sweeter. Doesn’t have that sharp bite that usually occurs with the blackberries. Which I like, doesn’t sting my throat. But if someone is looking for that sharp blackberry, it would need a drop or 2 of another blackberry flavor to bring that out.

6 Likes

I made the Pink Burst and at 2% it tasted great, even shake and vape. A week later, it tasted just as good, probably better.

Problem was, after about 10-15 minutes of vaping on it, it started to not taste as strong and I could hardly taste it anymore. I am surprised it is muting at only 2%, but have just made a 1.5% mix and will see how it goes.

1 Like

What exactly is a Pink Burst. I never ate one before. Kinda sounds like gimmick.

2 Likes

Pink Starburst candy. IIRC, pink Starburst is a strawberry flavor.

5 Likes

Ohhh… Okay I’ve had that before. So this is a sweet and tart strawberry note in a taffy base. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

I gotta mix this up.

2 Likes

Tried the Baja Soda at 2% and tasted close to nothing. Even after a few days, nothing was coming of it, so I made a mix at 3%.

After a week, still nothing.

Going to try a mix at 1% just in case this flavor is muting itself. Like I said before these are extremely potent, and over flavoring a mix is very easy.

The Pink Burst I made just an hour ago, tastes just as good at 1.5% as it did at 2% and already, I don’t seem to be running into the issue of muting.

4 Likes