Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Guess I picked a good day to ask! Thanks again

1 Like

No problem James, but you have to pay it forward, once you get them in, testā€™m and post your thoughts !!!

2 Likes

Time for me to share acouple of my WIPā€™s. I must say that results have been mixed.

Rice Crispy - Dirty Sockā€¦
This was an expirment gone very badā€¦Iā€™m guessing that Joy DESTROYED the mixā€¦I couldnā€™t even vape beyond 2mls of a 15ml mix. This is the first mix down the drain in 14 months. I have waiting a single flavor mix steeping at the moment. I do find it odd the Rice Crispy RF SC did NOT play nice at all. Iā€™ll own the mistake, but odd for sure. Steeped 4 weeks

Rice Crispy RF SC 2.5%
Toasted Marshmallow TPA 1
Fresh Cream FA 0.25%
Joy FA 0.5
Cookie FA 1strong text

4 Likes

Next WIP.

Kiwi RF SC 3rd mix.
This still was kinda still flat (compared to another kiwi recipe I have been developing for 6months). Kiwi should be through the roof. Steeped 4 weeks. The Mallow was also muddled at the end of the vape. Mallow and cream are used to shave the edges found in Kiwi FA and Kiwi MF.

Kiwi RF SC 3% (yes, I upā€™ed this from 2%)
Marshmallow FA 1.5
Fresh Cream FA 0.5
Kiwi MF 1
Kiwi FA 1

4 Likes

Watermelon MyWay

This is mix number 3 (number 4 is currently steeping). Yesā€¦I know odd choicesā€¦But the red that I am going for still falls a little flat. Steeped 4 weeks

Watermelon RF SC 2.5%
Watermelon FA 1%
Cucumber FA 1%
Fresh Cream 0.3%
Marshmallow FA 1%
Dragon Fruit TPA 1%
Strawberry FA 0.5%

3 Likes

Nice remarks on those recipes, if you ever do get that ripe juicy red watermelonā€¦ I would love to see the recipe. Iā€™d also like something on the order of a taste I was getting from (bear with me here) a watermelon cough drop (I was using Haleā€™s watermelon cough drops when I had a sore throat this winterā€¦ they tasted great)

2 Likes

Thank you, EVERYONE, for the feedback. Trust me I do read these and am always looking at what we can do better. Give it to me straight, and I promise to take notes. Donā€™t hold back haha

PSā€¦ wth is Joy from FA anyways? Never understood that but also never looked into it.

7 Likes

some say it like a funnel cake , its supposed to help cakes and muffins so like .25 jay FA with 1 pct BB muffin the joy plays a yeast type role here , all i get is a stale beer taste just like it smells , others may have a different take what joy is supposed to be but thats for the most part how ive seen it used and used it myself. ( notes in elr powdered sugar , fruit enhancer , yeast , sweetener )

3 Likes

Meringue SC 2.5% (4-30-17) ā€“ 2 weeks of steeping to see if it could topple my current go to FA Meringue. This was a good meringue. Subtle, sweet, and delicious. Donā€™t think it has the same fullness or mouthfeel to FA, but still pretty good. Canā€™t comment on itā€™s mixing ability yet, and most often is used as a mixer, and itā€™s hard to get excited over meringue. At 2.5% it seems like it would fit the bill as a mixer. Nothing off putting, or off notes in this one, so a good meringue it is. Shooting a 8/10, maybe just because itā€™s not up to FA meringue standards.

6 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes hit it. Itā€™s funnel cake or elephant ears. The goal was to pull more of the cereal bread notes out and twist the flavors alittle.

My thought process was that when eating a rice crispy treat you really only taste butter and marshmallow and grease. Think about. Close your eyes and dream of the best rice crispy treatā€¦

Now think if you could replicate that last part of mouth feel and note which is what I wanted to twist out.

Overall I think I over did it. Personal mistake. But just very surprise it went so horribly wrong. Lol.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve not used it a ton, but it seems VERY dependent on WHAT you mix it with and EXTREMELY dependent on how MUCH you mix. Doughy, yeasty, beerā€™y, etc. Iā€™ve only used it at very low %'s and itā€™s seemed to boost what it was supposed to. You can tell however that this JOY, can absolutely bring NO JOY if used incorrectly LOLā€¦

4 Likes

@Pro_Vapes that mix is still holding steady - it is delicious i am tanking about 10ml of it a day - it may not last for another few weeks I will try and ration it. I mixed it again and have put it to sleep.

4 Likes

Tested FA joy at 3% steeped it for over a year. It is a funnel cake flavor with fried cake and icing sugar notes. Unsteeped it can smell and taste yeasty, doughy, beer(y) lol

4 Likes

is this what it took for you to get that taste in a mix at low percents steeped for 30days i still get the beer taste

2 Likes

what mix is this ???

1 Like

@woftam What mix ??? ^^^^

I know you will disagree with me fidalgo but i believe you cannot judge a flavor for at least 4weeks better yet 8-12weeks, yes even fruits. The goal should always be the final product, what % is needed to get what you want and also have it stay that way. A perfect example is the RF SC Gauva i see you asking about. I see you used 2% not a bad starting point but then ye judged it after two weeks. My notes show 3% at 4weeks plus was just right could even go higher! The RF Gauva smells like paint thinner but with proper steep it becomes a perfect guava nectar

6 Likes

it is your opinion , i may not have the same opinion , i always take everyone opinion into consideration , i tested the guava at 5 weeks not two , the reason being is i was hoping the floral / perfumey smell would be less but for me it wasnt , i only asked if it took that long for you to get that taste from the JOY thats it , no intention of debating your opinion ,

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point, I let mine go for 2 weeks as well, and I could have done 4 weeks on all of these testers, but I have soo many to get through, I chose to keep them at 2 weeks to keep my sanity.

2 Likes

I was just wondering if @Walt_RealFlavors has ever given a rough guideline on steeping times for the concentrates. Iā€™m sure he mentioned that he mixes too, although I could be wrong. Surely the developers would be able to shed some light on this steeping question. Iā€™m also wondering about the blending/mixing process everyone is using. I know he said to avoid airing and obviously too much heat is a no no also. Usually I just shake the bejaysus out of mixes and put them away.

4 Likes