Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

mixologist is right in regards to my opinion on how long a flavor takes to develop and thats just my opinion ive never been able to taste the difference from a 1 to 2month steep and havent had a 6month steep result in something that was so great that i felt i should wait that long , for me i do a test next day , 1 week 2 week and a month and if its off ill go back and change percents and start over i also keep the original just to let sit until i get around to it , keep in mind i truly believe it takes much less time for a single flavor to develop than a mix of multiple flavors even then after 2 months i havent had the results of a mixed recipe be so good id wait 6 months or a year , i have experianced more fading of flavors at that length of time than improvement

4 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes @SessionDrummer

A variation I made of one of PV’s mixes - he got a sb flavour fade.

His original

http://tjek.nu/r/7NtH

My subbed variation

Strawberry Cream Pie (Gmix) 22/3

Ingredient %
Cream (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.2
French Vanilla Premium (SC) (Real Flavors) 0.5
Graham Cracker (SC) (Real Flavors) 1
Strawberry (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.5
Sweet Cream (CAP) 1
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 4

Flavor total: 8.2%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

ive only recently mixed with RFSC and i mixed like usual way i always have , used a mag mixer bottled and put away personally i dont breathe or warm up my liquid i feel that in a flask with a mag mixer there is enough heat from the friction , and enough air space in flask to allow any breathing if needed

1 Like

im going to have to try their graham cracker i do love cap V1 and graham cracker clear tpa

1 Like

Shortbread Cookie- At 2%, this is a very good take on a shortbread cookie. Has its own sweetness and a solid cookie taste. When I say solid, I mean solid as in how solid a shortbread cookie is versus an airy sugar cookie. It is definitely a good break from INW Biscuit, could see using it for cookie mixes. I HATE Sugar Cookie V2 by CAP and this is definitely taking its place when I attempt to build a cookie. Could possibly be moved up from 2% as there were no off notes and it wasn’t overbearing at that percentage. Will try another mix at 3% and if it is still good, it definitely has a permanent place in my flavor lineup.

This was a pleasant surprise for sure as it didn’t just taste like INW Biscuit/ FA Cookie and it also didn’t simply taste like it was full of Acetyl Pyrazine.

6 Likes

The graham cracker is delicious.

1 Like

@Pentine Very good details.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Interesting. 8 weeks? Even for testing a simple fruity mc’fruity vape.

Personally I go with my simple
Xyz RF Sc fruit
Fresh cream FA 0.5 to 1%
Marshmallow 0.76-1.5%.

I wouldn’t think that would need 8 weeks. 4 weeks is where I vape due to my rotation…but would be fine at 2-3 week depending on the fruit to judge a basic final result for testing.

4 Likes

You are correct sir just an opinion. For myself the floral aspect of the gauva was no longer present by the 5th week mark.

3 Likes

RFSC Blueberry @3 % made 3-24 tested 4-30

This is a very good blueberry it has a realistic taste to it , no candy like taste , the sweet and tart taste come together well , this flavor will be good for any BB muffin , pie , ice cream , etc , it will have to be used with another BB if your looking for a candy taste but over all this is a good authentic natural bb flavor

8 Likes

Yes fruity mcfruity recipes lol IMO cannot be judged untill a minimun 4weeks. I believe recipes evolve more readily in the first 12weeks and if they were made correctly the profile should stabilize at that point. Continued changes will occur but they will be much more subtle

2 Likes

Making my third round of Red/ Orange/ Yellow/ Pink Candy Burst as we speak.

What is everyone’s opinion on going back and deleting previous posts about these flavors, so as to not bog down the now 17k post SC thread with bad percentages?

I am probably going to do it anyway, just wanted to know what everyone thought and maybe some others that have come to better conclusions on percentages might do the same.

:thinking:

2 Likes

cant you just make a note on the old one thats already posted ??? its nice to know what s been used and not worked , or a quick UPDATE i dont know , from now on im going to make it short and sweet then when i feel ive done all i could and have all the notes ill start putting them i to the ELR notes section under that certain flavor ( flavor stash ) btw i dont see anything wrong with whatever you choose just make sure to add the percentage that you already tried it at especially if its still not where you want it

3 Likes

That could work too, just trying to save some running around/ reading for others. As you said, once that perfect % is achieved, it would be best put in the notes section.

On another note;

Cookies and Cream- At 2.5%, this was a delicious vape, even after just a couple days. Now, after 3 and 1/2 weeks, the favor has faded slightly. I remember it as having more flavor when I made it initially, so if anything, I might bump it up to 3%. Still very good after all this time for a 2.5% mix, but as always, trying to get the most out of my flavors. Going back through the thread now for a refresher on what everyone else was using it at.

4 Likes

ya i understand it took me 4 ever to see if i made a comment on the Blueberry lol

4 Likes

I experienced the same thing with this and the fried cookies and cream. I did 3% originally and am currently at 4% on both flavors but still need to wait a little longer to pass final judgment. My gut feeling right now is 4.5 to 5% is what I will end up at.

I also noticed FLAVOR FADE at 4 weeks with the Butterfinger Type Beta RFSC I am currently vaping it at 4% but I am going to wait another week before I finalize my thoughts on that.

This is exactly why I think 4 weeks minimum time is needed before you decide on your final %'s.

8 Likes

Tested a few samples of Butter Toffee @1% 1.5% and 2% and can’t get anything from this, very weak nondescript finished flavour for me. No real butter flavour more faint toffee drowned in something tasting like EM for me. Needs the toffee (molasses and caramelised sugars) to become dominate in the finished flavour and get a more creamy buttery finished flavour alongside it for me?

I also realise what Americans version of toffee could well be different to a UK toffee, hence why this finished taste doesn’t work for me. I am used to a more dark sugars and molasses taste in the real thing, and I don’t get any of those notes in this flavour unfortunately.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I got from the VG version, even at high percentages. Glad I didn’t try the SC version. If you crank up the percentage and anything changes, please let me know :wink:

3 Likes

I had exactly the same results with butter toffee at 2%.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen any notes popup on Pina Colada SC yet. My mix 4-21-17 @ 2.5% is fading some. Going to vape it tomorrow to see what is indeed going on. Not 100% sure I can make it work as a stand-alone from the get go. Flavor is good, balance is off and now to add the fading to it may need some extra’s and use it as a mixer. Still too soon to tell but that is my initial thoughts on it.

3 Likes