Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

It is a different type of Cinnamon. The old one had a small amount of sulfites that were causing some sensitivity. The new one is different and has spices to mimic cinnamon.

3 Likes

nutmeg and/or cloves?

and is it similar to what is in the baklava?

3 Likes

I really want to try this v2 French Toast. Waiting to see what Walt says and if heā€™s going to make a V3 or just remake the V2.

1 Like

Testing the Cake batter @ 2% that has steeped for just over 3 weeks, There is a cake batter taste there with a hint of vanilla, that you get from licking the spoon, but overall it is slightly over sweet for me, The sweetness is almost icing sugar/frosting sweetness level and flavour, that gives it a birthday/wedding sponge cake type finished flavour overall for my tastes rather than a raw cake batter flavour

9 Likes

Just tossing my 2 cents in here, I liked the VG version of Bread Pudding, and have both the V1 and the V2 versions steeping for a couple days. I was (am) hoping they are like the VG version with the V2 just more ā€œAmericanizedā€ but not totally different.

3 Likes

I have found with Cheesecake .25% is more than enough for my tastes, definitely a ā€œSuper Concentrateā€. Adding the Sweet Cream is a good idea, I am going to try that. Thanks for posting that info.

5 Likes

I have a Lemon Cheesecake steeping with .5 Cheesecake but only 1% Sweet Cream. I also used Lemon and some Sugar Cub for the crust. I need to test it but figured the cream needed 30 days so Iā€™m patiently waiting. :yum:

6 Likes

I debate even posting this because itā€™s not exactly a review and far from thorough so take if for what ever itā€™s worth. Yesterday I gave my son his collection of samples and the first one he tried was Deep Fried Cookies and Cream, steeped less than a week. ā€œHoly SHIT this is EPIC!ā€ Was his review I guess, keeping in mind this is dripped directly on top of some fruity kind of thing.

After heā€™d vaped on it for a while and felt like heā€™d fully diminished the previous flavor, he turned his settings way down into old lady range for me to try a few toots. It was really pretty good! I donā€™t normally like chocolate flavors because they taste like burnt tires to me but this was nice! I could taste the real crunchy Oreo flavor and some creamy doughy sweetness. I still tasted something fruity from his previous flavor but it was feint.

I told him to take his time and leave a few mils of each flavor to steep longer but I really doubt thatā€™s going to happen. I have my samples yet to taste so Iā€™ll do a more complete review as I get to them.

8 Likes

VG Bread Pudding is very close to the flavor of the real thing. I havenā€™t tried the SC V1, but Iā€™ve heard others say itā€™s not the same. And the SC V2 I ordered and triedā€¦is NOTHING like the real thing and actually somewhat offensive to me personally. Something in there that is just wrong. Tastes like overcooked bread crust?

So seeing as itā€™s my favorite alongside Cinnamon Custard, Condensed Milk and PB Cookie I am happily going to keep buying the VG versions on those and use the higher percentages and long steep times.

5 Likes

i think all the V2 versions had that taste

3 Likes

Does the same rule apply with RF SC flavours than other concentrates, that the darker it is the more it will gunk coils? Was disappointed to see that many of the flavours I ordered were close to black in colour, even french toast and cinnamon custard which I didnt expect.

1 Like

I have had no issues with gunking (definitely less gunking than commercial juice IMO) with the french toast mixed at 3.5% with no added sweetener, even after steeped 4 or 5 months. At that age it was a nice amber color too but when first mixed at 3.5% it is not dark at all. I get 100 - 150ML per rayon wick before I feel it is time to re-wick and dry burn my TC SS coils.

3 Likes

Bread pudding tastes similar to French Toast but with a bit more of an eggy custard flavor and slightly mushy texture. It usually has a cinnamon spice to it but can be made with a variety of spices and fruits added such as raisins or apples. My family has a generations old recipe that has very little cinnamon and is topped with a warm Caramel and Rum sauce.

7 Likes

Mixed grape at 2.5% with 1% RF SC Candy base.

Lick test was very positive, it tasted like the perfect candy grape to me.

However, when I put it in the vape, it tasted quite weak. Tasty but weak. This couldv been because:

• I used more VG than usual
  • I have been using peppery nic which tainted the tank I was using. This often mutes flavours for me, and I have been using peppery nic non-stop so it would make sense (except I didnt put any nic in the grape eliquid)
  • My tastebuds dont work. My tastebuds really are terrible, I require really strong mixes for everything, and have never been able to propperly taste creams/bakeries.
  • The candy base mightv muted the grape.
4 Likes

Your tastebuds are absolutely fine dont worry. As I remember Grape was very potent flavor in VG form. Try steeping without nic, testing flavor and then add nic to notice any difference :slight_smile: usually yes, RF is weak in taste.

1 Like

This is a recipe I made a few weeks back

The grape really shines. Like a delicious candy grape. Next to Gauva, grape is the strongest flavor from RF that ive tried.

5 Likes

Good to know, I have it on my next buy list. Would you say itā€™s more of a green or red/ purple grape?

And does its lean more towards a real or candy grape?

2 Likes

on my short list also, might have to try and squeeze it into an order this weekend.

3 Likes

Purple candy type grape. Very bright and sweet. The Fuji Apple, which I consider a strong flavor, is so far in the background on that recipe that you barely get a hint of apple. You barely get a hint of kooling effects.

Edit: not sure why I mentioned kool effects. I think because I put koolada, extreme ice or menthol in a lot of my mixes.

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ll give this a whirl next week. Iā€™m out of Fuji Apple but I think FA - Cocoon will be a great substitute

2 Likes