ELR Home   Create recipe   Resource page   My recipes/favorites

(REQ) Looking for pecan base for Pecan Swirl

I have no experience using pecan flavors, looking to make a food conversion for the pecan swirl. I did a hypothetical recipe but I haven’t had a chance to mix it yet.

Looking for input for pecan base in pecan swirl

Gooooood luck brother. Pecan seems to be another one of those elusive/problem flavors.
I’ve tried several Butter Pecan flavors, and none of them have even remotely approached what I expect from the Pecan side of things.

I’ll be watching with interest though!
Best of luck.

pecan swirls aren’t really pecan strong flavored, but i’ll try. I ordered FW, but they said maple pecan is good too. I’m going to mix it with cinnamon roll fw and probably AP/hazelnut. thanks for the comment though

How about butter pecan ice cream purilum?

Notes say that the pecan ice cream is high in ice cream and low in pecan. While it would be ideal, i’m trying to have a strong pecan that I can control in low quantities. thanks for the advice though

@juice_junkie_lover sent me some TPA pecan awhile back to mix a recipe and the pecan seemed pretty strong, i dont have a lot of experiance with it but i think JJL may be able to give some input … and i apologize in advance for summoning you so much lately JJL

Lol! Yea pecan is really strong. I think it’s true to its taste but if used wrong it can taste bitter as hell. It’s one of tfa’s stronger flavors.

I’ve tried butter pecan personally it carries a pretty even blend of pecan if you don’t overdo other creamy flavors with it. It stands out and makes a difference on it’s own so I do count it as base flavor but I use it as background flavor it works fine.

btw it wasnt strong in the mix just the flavor itself lol

I use butter pecan (FW). I really like it. I’ve not tried other pecan flavors and I don’t think I will purchase any in the near future because I like the one that I’ve got.

Thanks for all the responses so far folks, I’ve got butter pecan (FW) coming in the mail, and i’ll be mixing it to hopefully copy that roll-y goodness. anyway, heres to waiting for vapemail.

If you manage to get this flavor right please do let us know.