Reuse VG base bottles? - Bad form?

Is it in bad form to simply refill it when low? Or is a complete empty / wash cycle needed?

I really like the 500ml VG bottles i received with my NicRiver starter kit. Super clear plastic with a nice twist top. Makes measuring either a lot, or a little into 30ml bottles very easy/precise. Is it OK to just “Fill 'er Up” from my larger supply bottle? Or do I need to lather, rinse, repeat first?

6 Likes

Filler up, You are good to go :bomb::fire::boom:

6 Likes

I do the same thing you do. When I first started I picked up a couple of smaller bottles with twist like type droplet tops. Now I buy PG/VG by the gallon and just top off the small ones when the start getting low. I may have to break down and replace them one day. They are getting a little squishy, lol.

4 Likes

I just refill my 500ml VG bottle, i only use it for small sample mixing tho. I have yorker cap on the gallon VG bottle but most of my batching is 240ml to 1 liter so it is just easier that way.

3 Likes

I tried reusing the ones from liquid barn. Only thing I didn’t like was they were not see thru…

But liquid barn has 500 mil bottles on sale for 49 cents

Ordered 20 of them

5 Likes

I own several of those bottles, they are good for filling smaller size bottles, 120ml and smaller IMO, because of the flow rate. Excellent quality tho.

3 Likes

Mainly use them for zero nic mixes .
And set two up for vg and pg. plan to order pg and vg by the gallon…

Seem to go thru a lot mixing for friends

Edit: but they are great when I’m filling 30 mil bottles after adding nic to the 30 mil bottle

2 Likes

Essential Depot usually runs a really good Xmas sale, last year i think i paid $110 for 8 gallons VG, delivered. Ill check and see if they have any BF sales running and edit this post if they do.

EDIT: Nope, not on VG.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, and gals!

And that’s a hack of a price for those bottles @tartarusspawn, Thanks for that.

2 Likes

Np. We’re here to help each other…

2 Likes

Thinking of ordering a pack of these

Edit

3 Likes

ive been using three old LB 50Oml bottles forever , now i transfer NR VG into them

2 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes Same here, LOVE those bottles !!!

3 Likes

@TerryL1 Actually a very good question. I can tell you what I do. On 500ml and bigger bottles I will wash out and dry when empty, but on smaller batching bottles I just keep re-filling them, maybe washing every couple of fills, or always when trying a different manufacturer.

1 Like

On the note of VG/PG storage, what is recommended between PET and HDPE containers?
Does it make a difference and is it okay to leave the rest in the gallon jug that it comes in?
Thanks guys.

3 Likes

i believe either type of plastic is fine and yes you could leave the remainder in the original container

3 Likes

Thanks fidalgo, just the nicotine to worry about storing in glass bottles then.

3 Likes

I choose PET if I can for longer storage for PG/VG. Yes on the amber glass bottles with Phenolic Cone Lined Caps for NIC storage, like these at BC

https://www.bullcityflavors.com/glass-bottles/

5 Likes

I’ve used the same 8 oz hdpe squeeze bottles for my PG, VG, and Nic for something like two years and have not washed them since I bought them and filled them the first time. :open_mouth: LoL.

9 Likes

And you’re not dead yet? I guess I’m good to go…ha…

Thanks again, all. I can put my OCD to bed now…
Peace-Terry

3 Likes