RIF - Reading Is Fundamental

I was looking for some recipes to try out a new flavor I have and decided on a highly rated recipe made by a mixer with a large following. With the combination of it sounding good and having the ingredients, I figured :+1:.

It steeped for a little over a week before I got to it, and looked forward to trying it. When I opened the bottle, it had a very strong coconut smell, like suntan lotion. I thought the smell was a bit strong, but wasn’t too concerned about it…until I vaped it. That coconut taste about knocked me off my feet. I looked at the recipe to make sure I didn’t enter it into my calculator incorrectly. Nope, recipe says 2% and I put 2% in my calculator. But then I noticed something, recipe uses Coconut (FA)…I used Coconut Extra (TFA).

Despite the overpowering coconut, I could tell there was some goodness to it, so rather than dumping it, I diluted it down to 1% coconut extra and waited a few days. The coconut taste was still a bit strong, but much better. I’ve diluted it once again for a result of 0.5% coconut extra. Although still a tad bit coconutty for me, its getting quite tasty. My next plan is to make a fresh batch with 0.25% coconut extra, that should hit the spot.

Of course, just getting some Coconut (FA) would be a solution, but where’s the fun in that?

3 Likes

Yeah, I cant use TFA Coconut Extra at more than 0.5%. To me it tastes like mold at anything higher.

1 Like

Oh Yea, CoConut Extra (TPA) will definitely take over a mix quick.
I am not crazy about Tigers Blood, but I have like 3 different Vapers that are constantly bugging me to mix this (one is my oldest Daughter :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Stupid is as stupid does. My lack of reading skills strikes again.

I’ve been using plastic squeeze bottles and noticed that even after washing them, I could still smell the juice that was in them, so I decided to switch to glass bottles. Because I have a couple curious grandchildren who’ve learned to push chairs around so they can get to stuff that has been put out of reach, I changed the order at the last minute from “Green Boston Round with Black Glass Dropper” to “Green Boston Round with Black Child-Resistant Dropper”. The order came in today, and the child resistant droppers are plastic. :frowning: Should have noticed the word “Glass” was missing in the description.

4 Likes

there are too many options with everything we buy anymore and its too easy to order the wrong thing

1 Like

For a second I thought those were racist dropper bottles.

2 Likes

I had some of the coconut extra and I ended up using an average 1/4 of what any recipe calls for I since have changed to Capella

1 Like