Scales, are they worth it?

I totally may have stolen that pic and used it as my desktop bg… :innocent:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! :grinning:

That’s what the walls of my entire kitchen looks like between 11am and 3pm… I love prisms! :grinning: There are quite a few of them in the widows. It’s an ever changing live wallpaper!

3 Likes

I need to get some prisms to put in my window above my desk. I get awesome light in here in the morning. :smiley:

2 Likes

what’s this, bleedin’ Pollyanna ?

3 Likes

I know this is digging up an old thread but I have to say this.

Last night, I started only my third batch and for the first time I used scales…

Now I feel EPIC!

10 Likes

Congrats! Welcome to the fun, not (as) messy, easy side! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Man, you guys make me feel like the last Windows XP holdout with my syringes and graduated cylinder (and sometimes mixing directly in the tank) >.>

2 Likes

Diy - means do what works for you. Doesn’t matter how it get done just that it gets done :grinning:

3 Likes

As per @woftam, bottom line “Get er done”. For me, there’s also a “fun factor”. This is a combination of accuracy, ease of process, etc. I prefer by weight. Less “mus fuss” by dripping right out of the flavor bottles into a flask while watching the weight. Accuracy is pretty darn close although a drop is a drop. Always some variance. When I’m done, I simply put the scale on the shelf, the flavors in the fridge, and the one pipette for nic I do have to wash and dry. Pretty nice clean up.

1 Like

I’ve lessened my OCD standards and started doing that myself :raised_hands:@d_fabes taught me that letting go, living the free and easy life with mixing NETs in the tank sometimes produces a glorious result! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well the best thing of not giving a damn, I made some musk candy flavor (similar to parma violet, which is violet candy with a chocolate undertone) and halfway thru the tank I was like “OMG! COFFEE!”

And now I’m vaping Coffee Musk. And I am a happy camper. Tho next time I will get a better balance of musk and coffee. . .and maybe add just a bit of rose. Hmm. . .

3 Likes

'Kay so I got scale to try mixing by weight out.

Short version of the story (after mixing 10 30ml bottles) is that I love using the scale to get my 25ml-ish of AG very quickly by going for 30-ish grams. Beyond that, I dramatically prefer my 3ml syringe for flavor and nicotine, as well as my 1ml for when I just want a pinch of a flavour.

1 Like

On a scale of 1-10, I give this discussion a 7.7 -lol quite entertaining is a measured type of weigh (way), waves…

3 Likes