Single fruit flavor recipes

ECX calls all the TFA flavors Signature flavors.
DX Signature is sort of a different line by TFA that have enhanced flavors or modified recipes to reduce chemicals. I saw “Signature” and assumed “DX Signature” and purchased 3 flavors. I found out they are not “DX” or “Signature” but simply TFA flavors.
the flavors I purchased are Signature Blueberry, Signature Malted Milk and Signature Raspberry (Sweet). after researching these Signature flavors I found out they are standard TFA flavors and not part of the DX Signature lineup.
Here is a list of the actual DX Signature Flavors TFA offers:
DX Banana Cream
DX Bananas Foster Flavor
DX Bavarian Cream
DX Brown Sugar Flavor
DX Butterscotch Flavor
DX Caramel Original
DX Cinnamon Danish
DX Coconut Candy Flavor
DX Coconut Flavor
DX Frosted Donut Flavor
DX Graham Cracker Flavor
DX Hazelnut Flavor
DX Jamaican Rum Flavor
DX Marshmallow Flavor
DX Milk Chocolate Flavor
DX Milk Flavor
DX Papaya Flavor
DX Peach (Juicy) Flavor
DX Peanut Butter Flavor
DX Pralines and Cream Flavor
DX Red Velvet Flavor
DX Sweet Cream Flavor
DX Vanilla Cupcake
The site is good, but misleads on TFA flavors by calling them Signature when they are not.

Where are you finding those DX flavors listed as “signature” other than ECX? I can’t find anything about signature flavors on the TPA/TFA website…

1 Like

I found the same thing, cant say I got ripped off but what I bought for “signature” was actually just TFA
here is a list of the DX Signature line from TFA:
DX Banana Cream
DX Bananas Foster Flavor
DX Bavarian Cream
DX Brown Sugar Flavor
DX Butterscotch Flavor
DX Caramel Original
DX Cinnamon Danish
DX Coconut Candy Flavor
DX Coconut Flavor
DX Frosted Donut Flavor
DX Graham Cracker Flavor
DX Hazelnut Flavor
DX Jamaican Rum Flavor
DX Marshmallow Flavor
DX Milk Chocolate Flavor
DX Milk Flavor
DX Papaya Flavor
DX Peach (Juicy) Flavor
DX Peanut Butter Flavor
DX Pralines and Cream Flavor
DX Red Velvet Flavor
DX Sweet Cream Flavor
DX Vanilla Cupcake

This got me curious so I looked up all three of these: Caramel Original, Caramel V2, and DX Caramel. Looks like the Caramel V2 is what you’d consider “DX” since there’s no diacetyl, acetoin, or acetyl propionyl. And then I saw that their actual “DX Caramel” has corn syrup and caramel coloring…:frowning: So heads up, if someone wants a diketone free version of their caramel I think I’d stick with their V2. Not sure I want to be vaping corn syrup…

And now I’ve totally added to the hijacking of my thread. lmao! :joy:

3 Likes

Yep, got that, but what I’m wondering is where you’re seeing those labeled as “DX signature” besides on ECX? Is there anywhere that TPA/TFA actually calls their DX versions their Signature line??

1 Like

I see what you mean, I’ve been being misled this entire time

So what you’re saying is that TFA never actually calls any of their flavors “signature” correct?

It’s looking that way, I’m researching it now

2 Likes

That’s what I was trying to point out (or else learn something new in the process)!

I’ve never seen the word Signature (as any kind of branding) anywhere on TFA’s site that I can recall.

1 Like

I think “misled” may be a tad harsh, but I can easily understand how is it’s definitely “confusing”, and arbitrarily complicating things for those new to mixing. =(

Very sorry for adding to that muh’lady!
/tips hat

Right, maybe not so much misleading as it is just confusing. I don’t really understand the point of rebranding these flavors (they do the same thing to real flavors and medicine flower), seems like it just leads to confusion.

1 Like

It’s all good, interesting conversation at least! :wink:

1 Like

this is what I learned from ECX:

The “Signature” line of products that we carry are in fact “TFA” products. In addition the “DX-Signature” line that we carry is the “diketone” free line of flavors that TFA carries. They are in fact as you say TFA flavors and the “DX” ones are the diketone free ones that TFA produces. I hope this helps clarify.

2 Likes

Here is what Bill from TFA told me:

Hello!
We use “DX” to mark flavors that have been reformulated to avoid the use of Acetoin / Acetyl Propionyl.
I’m not sure what “signature” means, that’s not a label we use on our products. You may want to clarify this with your vendor.
Best,
Bill

2 Likes

Ok. At least that’s confirmation! =)
Nothing more than creative marketing at it’s finest (sadly).

As far as TFA goes, it’s all one “line” (TFA branded products). ECX is trying to make it “easy to find” the DX versions, but is compounding the situation by suggesting they are actually separate lines.
/smh
What a cluster&#%@

1 Like

And that’s common knowledge.
Same thing as “v2” is to Capella.

If diketone free is important to you, then in the simplest terms (when talking about Capella or TFA), you need to be looking for v2 and DX respectively.

Short and sweet. Ignore all the unnecessary rebranding BS. :wink:

1 Like

One last thing before I get back on topic:
The Perfume Apprentice (TPA) created The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) in order to create a clear separation between the food safe flavoring and the perfuming products. All of their goods are organized by the same staff members, and you may order any combination of flavors and perfume items.
So you have to exercise caution to be sure you don’t purchase perfume fragrances when your searching for flavors.

1 Like

seriously??..is that true??
ALL mine are TPA…:neutral_face:

http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/t-about.aspx

ELR renames them to the parent company TPA