Single fruit flavor recipes

I couldn’t agree more, when I’m tongue tasting FA concentrates I get a little carried away lol

If your not into sweetener you can try marshmallow and coconut which I find also works well with enhancing FA fruits

3 Likes

Oh yeah I agree. Marshmallow FA. Little bit of fresh cream FA and alittle bit of Vienna cream and all with FA fruits is my go to.

2 Likes

FYI “Wayne_Walker” is revered by many in the community. You should check out his web page DiyOrDie[quote=“Grubby, post:83, topic:80965”]
If your not into sweetener you can try marshmallow and coconut which I find also works well with enhancing FA fruits
[/quote]

1 Like

Yeah, I recently found out about him, really cool, helpful resources

3 Likes

I agree. Very cool indeed. @Wayne_Walker was the one who gave me the final push to DIY and mix by weight right from the start.

1 Like

Betty was so sweet and delicious. I couldn’t pick apart the fruit to well. It wAs one of the first juice I bought. I think In total, I have bought Bout 7 bottles of premium juice. before I switched to diy. Betty was one of my faves but it really killed coils.

1 Like

It’s the 20 pounds of sugar that’s killing the coils…lol

Personally (and I have a sensitive palette compared to some I guess) I think Rita is nailed perfectly @ 3% Forest Fruit, and doesn’t kill coils nearly as fast with only 1 or 2 drops (per 30ml) of Sweetener.

FWIW, I use this exact recipe in a Theorem, using 0.25 ohm (26ga/36ga claptoned SS, which is parralled into a single coil build) running at either 36w in power mode (for this flavor in particular), or approx. 450F in TC mode.

EDIT:
@BoyHowdy: in confused now bro, are we talking Rita or Betty? (as Rita is all I used to buy from Pinup’s line, and FF nailed it in a side by side I did)
It would be interesting if the only difference between the two was because of “the flavor shift” because of a change in percentage.
Thoughts?

1 Like

I have no idea as I have never bought or vaped any from Pinup’s line.The reviews on the mix say it tastes like Betty and it is called Betty Clone so I am going to go with that.:grinning:
Here is the recipe , I just changed it from 10% to 8% on the Forest Fruit and instead of using sucralose at 15% I just used the Pyure at 2.5% .It is also worth noting that I used Liquid Labs Vapor Base PDO for this.I wanted to see if it would help with the harshness I get from FA Forest Fruit/mix and it did make it much better for me.

Betty Clone (Pinup vapors)

Ingredient%
Forest Mix (Forest Fruit) (FA)10
Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA)15

Flavor total: 25%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

So I’ve been experimenting with single flavors and when I post anything public it gets bad stars, or no stars. So I’m apprehensive about posting anything.

Cosmic Sweet Fuji Apple ©

Ingredient %
Fuji Apple (FA) 6

Flavor total: 6%
-add Stevia at 1-2 drops per 10ml

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

for now I find 6% right for this flavor at 11mg, why would I get so many negative stars? This is NOT a recipe, just a single flavor mix. I think it’s a nice mellow sweet fuji flavor, no chemical taste and definitely Fuji not just another apple, This flavor is great for blending all the way up to 5% in a mix.
But I have to wonder why I give it 5 stars but has been rated down to 2 stars after 4 votes.
I got the same thing with Marshmallow.

1 Like

There are some assholes who use the site who love giving out 1 star ratings like they’re going out of style.

I know for sure that at least one of these twatwaffles is deeply offended by people posting a recipe and giving it a 5 star rating. Apparently, people shouldn’t be happy with their own mixes?

Other triggers are using well-known retail juice names in your name and apparently, based on your experience, single flavor mixes.

1 Like

I just aquired DX Blueberry by Signature, DX Malted Milk by Signature, and DX Raspberry by signature. I was hoping someone has some experience with these flavors and could suggest a starting single flavor percentage and or notes on these flavors? I have searched and cannot find any reliable information on them.

Probably similar starting percents to the non-DX TPA Blueberry, Malted Milk, and Raspberry (which is 8ish for the berries and 5 or 6 for the malt)… (TPA is relabeled as Signature by ECX if you didn’t already know).

I wonder what they felt needed to be removed from the berries that they made DX versions?

Only one reliable source for that (generally speaking) is BCV/F. although TFA in particular is awesome about listing their component ingredients on their site (through a search).

EDIT: added link (above) and note below:

@zigz
I did a search
for DX Blueberry and also DX Raspberry, and didn’t find anything at either BCV nor TFA’s site. Are you sure about the question, or did I swallow the hook? lol

I really like TPA Cantalope(5%)… With a few drops of koolada. And Strawberry Shisha is just terrific on its own… Its the only thing my wife will vape

1 Like

Thanks that is what it was.

1 Like

@VapeyMama Here is a “good” one I can vape all day, sorry it took so long to get this to you, but I steeped it 4 weeks, I mixed this on 8/7/16 and it was about my 3rd attempt mixing this flavor:

Cosmic Juicy Peach ©
Peach (Juicy) (TPA) 17%
Strength: 10 mg
PG/VG-ratio: 40/60
Flavor total: 1.7 ml (17%)
Price: 0.63

Notes:
----------label cut------------------------
Cosmic Juicy Peach ©
Peach (Juicy) (TPA) 17%
10 mg 40/60 Date:__________

This recipe is private!

Times read: 0
this is just a private single flavor mix

This is the right mix 10mg nic and max 17% flavor. I taste a nice sweet realistic peach taste, not candy and little or no nicotine taste, but I definitely get the nicotine effect. After a month steeping the juice is still crystal clear in color, And definitely very flavorful. This flavor would blend well with about any berry or fruit including the citrus fruits, chocolate and candy bases, and nuts.

1 Like

Yeah I think it was a trick question. There is no DX version of any of those at ECX. Not sure why you’re saying BCV tho - they don’t relabel TPA as Signature. Are you trying to trick me too?! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahhhh it was all @CosmicTruth’s fault! Lol
He’s the one who reportedly got the DX blueberry, etc.

The BCV comment I made was in regard to being able to “see the changes” between DX and non-DX flavors (as an easy reference).

Now, to figure out how he got TFA blueberry/raspberry as DX! (with signature being TFA)

ECX sells everything that is TFA/TPA branded with Signature as if it was DX Signature. So I thought they were signature till I looked on TFA site and couldn’t find those flavors existed. IMO this is false advertisement. http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/signature-flavors.html Signature and TFA is different.
Blueberry Flavor By Signature (TFA) http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/signature-flavors/signature-sweet-flavors/blueberry-flavor-signature1-12793.html I fell for it

So, I’m either going blind (possible), or not understanding what you’re saying (far more likely lol) because I didn’t see any reference to “DX Signature” anywhere in their writeup.

I did see that they had several of (didn’t verify all) the DX flavors -though no blueberry or raspberry, so I’m not quite sure how you got those unless it was an error in labeling on ECX’s part.

Also interesting note was I did see a caramel v2 in the Signature lineup (which ordinarily would automatically imply that it’s a Capella product).
Seems like that site is not very “new mixer friendly” in some aspects, to put it politely.