SMOK TF-R2 Dual RBA Deck

Got to chime in.Maybe that’s why my Cthulha is so good. I have been building it with SS 26g.Right now its .2 ohms. So good.

I’m like most of you, the Tf r2 is awesome! Although I’ve only used kanthal in it. My problem is that I can’t use the f****** thing! Everytime I do I get one chance to use it before the o - ring gets cut off. I used my spare, same thing. Then I would use a pre-made coil and when it was spent, I would take the o-ring off before throwing it out. Have any of you had this problem, if so have you found a solution?

Does it break if you don’t screw it in too tightly?

1 Like

No, but it leaks… If I tighten down tight enough for it not to leak the ring get cut. Like there is a metal bur but I can’t find one… :frowning:

1 Like

Sounds like it could be fixed with a small file… Maybe file the first thread? :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I don’t have the RBA deck yet. But i sure are loving this tfv4 though. Its a juice guzzler lol

Hi everyone,

I know this is the TF-R2 thread but I just have a question about doing a dual coil build on the TF-R1 which comes stock with the TFV4.

Anyone tried this before? The reason I ask is, I’m currently on that setup now but I just wanted to ask if what I’m doing is safe.

Its currently on dual clapton coils which i built to: 4 wraps - 3mm guide and its reading at .33ohms.

I must say, I’ve had this tank for more than a month already but wow the flavour coming off this build is intense.
I fell in love with my TFV4 all over again. I already ordered the TF-R2 as well as the beast kit that they just released but its stuck in cargo right now thats why I decided to experiment while waiting.

I can only imagine how good the TF-R2 would be since it was really built to spec for duals.

But again, am I safe?

Any thoughts?

on the other side of the deck, i have one of the leads sort of making way for the other coils lead so they dont touch and I run the cotton through that space to make sure they dont. Its been great I tell ya. But I’m just concerned about having safety issues.

2 Likes

I think you’re fine, as long as it doesn’t short out. Really the only difference between the r1 and r2 are the number of air holes and wick holes… Looks like a cool build though!

1 Like

I found some aftermarket beefier o - rings on eBay that are for the tfv4 coils. So I ordered some, (3 pics for $4.99) when the postman gets here with I’ll let you guys know how they work…

Here’s the eBay item #111820105056 if anyone is interested…

2 Likes

Thanks! It only lasted on my tfv4 for a day… because Vape Mail came and I plugged in the TF-R3 (triple coil - clapton) and wooooooooooooow! I am so happy with it.

I just swapped it out now to try out the TF-r2, not much different from the R1 i think? I’ll rebuild it and try some other wire for it!

I did the vertical build for my TF-R1 before. but looking at the TF-R2, id say it would be easy to do a dual vertical build on it. Ill try it out

Post a pic when you build it, I’d like to see it! As far as the r3, I was thinking about get one…

I’d like to see a dual vertical on the tf-r2 also. Pic’s please. :yum:

I see that awesome build… but how can you even get air past that build? Do you get a gurgly sound when Vaping it?

what wire gauge are you using? I have 24 gauge Kanthal… will this work on the TF-R2? I see you used 26 gauge… lets Hope… It’ll be my first time building in this tiny space! :wink:

1 Like

Were they easy to build? I’m new to this type of build… Been building on RDA’s for a month and got kind of sick of dripping… although I love the taste, can’t beat IT… What Wire gauge would you recommend? I was thinking 24 or 22 gauge 4 or 5 rap with 2mm or 2.5… what do you think?

22g will fit in this RBA…on a 2.5mm ID 5 wraps, possibly six. spaced wraps, even 24g will DEF fit.