Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

I simply love it! It’s sooooo easy and fast to work with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know, my organisational skills and awesome simplistic storage system that’s sooo easy to find and reach what I need puts you all to shame :laughing:

11 Likes

The bottom picture makes it look like they are stored in the ‘linens’ area atop the dryer… If that is in fact the case, might consider relocating them (especially if you have a door that’s normally closed, which alot of washer/dryer areas do) given the amount of heat that’s generated/retained in that area. Disregard of course if I’m reading too much into the pic. :wink:

3 Likes

Kitchen cupboard, the flavour box is located on top of the cupboard, what you can see there is the washing machine which is well away from the cupboard, thanks though :wink:

3 Likes

mine are stored in boxes too! However I cut them down to 1-1 1/2 in and organize by company then fruit / cream / other.

3 Likes

You have given me another idea!
Im full of em…

I have something going on right now but i will make a proper storage system where everything is easily accessible eventually

1 Like

Well my mobile lab is complete. It makes clean up a breeze and all my mixing gear can disappear (not the flavorings that’s next). Polished up, the 65 year old picnic box looks like it needs a hole for the laser to shoot out :sunglasses: The completed box holds 2 X 250ml beakers 1 X 500ml beaker, my scale and power supply, my mag stirrer and power supply, mag stirrer “bars” (the things that spin), nitrile gloves, and pipettes …everything needed to mix but the liquids.

Here’s the box. I didn’t get too crazy trying to perfect the shine, just some 0000 steel wool and silver polish. The latches are heavily patinaed …I like 'em a little crunchy, and they’re totally solid …nothing a little Scotts Liquid Gold can’t handle, close enough… The handle is Bakelite

Carpet tiles in the bottom and a mylar bubblewrap mailer (2x thick) for the liner topside make this tinny aluminum box have a solid feel, while providing cushioning top and bottom …looks pretty cool too! I cut some foam packaging to fit and cutout holes to hold my beakers. In the center is a protected spot for my scale and in the front there’s room for a bunch of pipettes, rubber gloves, mag stirrer bars and the two power supplies (scale and mag stirrer). The mag stirrer (another thread) fits on top

Here you can see the scale where it hides under the cigar box mag stirrer when all assembled for storage

…and here it is all ready to travel …to the closet …because I AM NOT going to try and get this through airport security …pretty sure this is how to make some list.

21 Likes

Very nice work man! :slight_smile:
Totally dig the final outcome on that refurb!!

2 Likes

LOVE this, great work there man, impressive :+1:

2 Likes

That’s straight out of a James Bond movie! Awesome work!

3 Likes

Beautiful. Nice work dude!

2 Likes

Absolutely love this! Very cool idea!

2 Likes

Looks killer!
All it needs now is stickers from every vendor you use, tons of emojis, a few bumper stickers and maybe even one of those golf balls that people stick on their car windows making it look broken.
Of course you could go the other route and pimp it up with rims, gold handle, hinges and remote keyless entry. Shag carpet, fuzzy dice Some blue tooth speakers with a small projector for mood lighting and music.

Guess maybe just stick with the 007 theme.

5 Likes

haha Thanks guys! …yeah maybe some of those stick on bullet holes :wink:

3 Likes

Hell yea!!!:black_circle::black_circle::black_circle:

1 Like

:anguished:…I want those for my fridge!
great idea…:+1:

1 Like

Mobile lab and supply storage

10 Likes

Had a bit of a switch around to accommodate the fridge, everything to hand now, just waiting on my mag stirrers and I’m all set :grin::+1:

20 Likes

Just wanted to say that if you are looking to find some storage containers cheaply. Dollar store has some great deals too. I am using these and keeping it all in a plastic 3 drawer shelf.

They also have small 2 drawer organizers. But I can only post one pic soooo…

5 Likes

Some really nice setups here! Right now my mixing area is a section of the kitchen counter between the espresso machine and the microwave :grinning: . I keep my ADV flavors on the counter for ready mixing and my lesser used flavors in a pantry cabinet.

Although I’ve been mixing for the last two years, I’ve kept it pretty simple, with only around 20 flavors from TFA. With the advent of the Dooming Regulations, and Pennsylvania’s draconian 40% tax the beginning of October, I’ve decided to branch out now to other flavoring vendors and placed a huge (~$100) order for flavors from Cap and RF, so I need to start getting organized. This PA tax has led me to start mixing for a number of my coworkers so I would like to have a few more options for me and them. Over winter I’m hoping to convert part of the basement to a vape lounge/mad scientist lab/ofiice, so I’ll try to update as I move along with that project! This thread has really gotten my wheels turning!

5 Likes