Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

I do not have the space for a separate room or shelves etc. I use one of these for main stuff and totes for seldom used items.

https://www.flambeauoutdoors.com/quot-ike-quot-multiloader.aspx
You can find them cheaper at other re-sellers like WalMart

4 Likes

1 Like

Itā€™s the doctor!

1 Like

This is me exactly here. I have you by almost a month though. Itā€™s either too many choices or my growing stash is changing up the way I think. Iā€™m sure your eyes have crossed over like mine. Lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, now thatā€™s just smart. I was thinking of putting colours on the lids to differentiate them by letter or brand, but your way is more efficient and easy to add on to. Thanks for posting this. :slight_smile: Iā€™m a newb here. Lol

2 Likes

It just makes it a breeze to find and fetch my flavorings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You know whatā€¦ Iā€™m delving into that, I am a republican/liberalā€¦ :joy:
A mate of mine and I had a discussion about the Maillard reaction at low temperatures on our mixes, after probably too many beers, but it definitely is food for thoughts.

P.S. Yes youā€™re right, Iā€™m one of those BBQ fanatics.

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe it happens in juice (of course i have been wrong before and no doubt will be again). For a Maillard reaction to occur there must be the presence of sugar. I believe that what we see in juice (colour change etc) is simply oxidation of either nic or flavours.

9 Likes

As I said: ā€œafter too many beersā€ butā€¦ we have glicolesā€¦ basically itā€™s sugars, it can happen at low tempsā€¦ (have to study about that, tipically itā€™s from 140 to 160Ā°C but I read somewhere that can happen around 60Ā°C) and the discussion went on about tastes, steeping etcā€¦ the question was mainly: What ifā€¦
You know us mixersā€¦
But probably it was just one beer too manyā€¦

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my set up. All you need is a 2x4, 1x6 and a couple screws. I positioned my steps to accommodate 2 x 15 ml bottles or 1 x 120 ml bottle with ease. The 1 x 6 end caps just provide stabilityā€¦ if your steps arenā€™t as deep or you put a bit of scrap 2x4 on the back (kick stand) you should be good to go.

14 Likes

I use one of these to keep a lot of my mixing supplies in and off my desk space. I donā€™t have a lot of room either. The trays are a little deep for storing flavorings and still being able to read labels but are roomy enough to hold trays of liquids and still keep them handy. Fits right next to my desk and takes up almost no room for $30.

8 Likes

Iā€™m using one also. On wheels what else can you ask for. Iā€™ve also got this oneā€¦

4 Likes

6 Likes

Very nice diy

2 Likes

Thanks Rex!

3 Likes

you just gave me one heck of an idea. time to break out the table saw, router table, miter saw and nail gunsā€¦

6 Likes

Toss up some pics when you get it knocked out.

3 Likes

Seriously Im jellyā€¦thats half of it:[ my diy on organization

6 Likes

Hey you stole my bottle organising system :rofl:

9 Likes

I put three of them on my wishlist! Great minds think alike! I think for now Iā€™m good with my wooden box designed for essential oils. Itā€™s not holding it all, but until I move in 2 months, I donā€™t have room for one!

Iā€™m so excited to get one when I do! Thank you! Good to know that worked for you. Do you have any dividers in it? Iā€™ve seen plenty of organizational drawers and etc., but I donā€™t want the bottles to fall down.

3 Likes