Sucralose and coils

I’ve found a new recipe i like and i’m using my baby beast tank with stock q2 coils. Before i started DIY i was getting a least a week out of a coil with store bought juices and even then it was still working reasonably (i only change as the coils degrade a little). This new recipe however, consists of 1% super sweet and i’m lucky to get 3-4 days maximum out of the coil before it’s gunked. I’m assuming its the super sweet that’s causing this, other flavors are creamy yogurt ,strawberry ripe, sweet strawberry, meringue and caramel v2 Capella. I still feel the recipe needs the sweetener would lowering the percentage make the coils last longer?

Not sure about the lower % making the coils last longer I suspect it would have a very small effect - but yes it is likely the super sweet and maybe the caramel - you could try it with stevia and see how long the coils last - there is a bunch of info about stevia here.

6 Likes

all sweeteners leave garbage on coil unfortunately… sucralose for me the king of gunk… though keep in mind that most manufactured atomizers can last for like 30-40mls in overage (no clue about baby beast, i own tfv8 while even after 6-7 months i own it i still have the stock coils in the box, i am using only the rba so for being honest i don’t have a clue for how long these stock coils can last in average)

at your place as i can see the ingredients you’re using i would try to remove super sweet and i would try to use a 1% marshmallow (FA)… im this recipe i think that it worths to check it… it suits well with fruits and yogurt (final product taste will change a lil bit )… and it’s not gunking the coils as much as sucralose… but that’s just my humble opinion and nothing more… if you try it let me know for results :slight_smile:

Have you tried the recipe w/o sweetener? IMO CAP Super Sweet is brutal at 1%. It’s called ‘super’ for a reason. I’ve never used it above 0.3% and depending on the total MLs sometimes only a drop or 2 is sufficient.
As @Amorphia suggested, marshmallow is a viable alternative and pretty effective.

1 Like