Teslacigs 3 150w box mod AND/OR Smok Baby Beast BROKEN...?!?

I sold my Teslacigs 3 150w box mod fitted it with the Smok Baby Beast 0.15ohm coil.
My friend is disabled so a simple box mod with only 1 button-being the trigger button was ideal for him.
BUT, and here’s THE BUT…
I went to his place the other day and he said the coil was broken BUT after changing the coil the REALLY BAD BURNT
TASTE didn’t go away. He thinks he had it in his pocket whilst walking and it was continually firing.
SO…
The same thing happened to me when I first stared vaping with a Vapresso Nano Pro.
What I’d like to know is: is it just the atomizer that’s dead or could the continual firing have hurt the Tesla Box Mod as well somehow?

Appreciate anybody that reads/replies to this question. Thanks in advance :laughing:

Taste should not in any way transition from the mod to the atomizer. Suspect: the atty.

Make sure that a full disassembly is done on the atty, and that it’s properly cleaned before installing another coil/cartridge.

Also, check the insulators in the atty. Inside the unit, and at the bottom where the 510 screw goes into it. Make sure none of the plastic is burned or deformed.

It is entirely possible. And the first thing I would check is the piece of insulating material that separates the ground (the outer portion of the 510 deck) from the positive connector (the 510 center pin), and make sure that isn’t melted or misshapen in any way.

Outside of that, there is nothing inside the mod that can be fixed by non-qualified personnel.

Lesson learned hopefully, and at least it didn’t cause injury or worse.

If the above cleaning of the atty doesn’t solve it, let us know what you find please.

3 Likes

It is possible that there is damage to the mod … but I think it is unlikely.
It is not like he is the first that has ever fire a mod in his pocket, and I have never heard of mods being damaged this way, but it could happen. If it fires without problems I wouldn’t have any concerns about using it, though you should visually inspect for any obvious damage.

As for the atomizer, then you can probably save it by thoroughly cleaning it, letting it soak in alcohol for 24 hours or so, and change the o-rings. It is a least worth a try.

1 Like

Thanks for your replies and knowledge.
I’ll be seeing him the day after tomorrow so I’ll let you know how I get on after I’ve given it a good inspection & clean…

1 Like

The Smok Baby Beast uses those drop-in premade coils. Have you tried just replacing it with another?
Nevermind. I didn’t see where you state already replaced.

1 Like

Hi All,
Thanks for all your help.
I got it working perfectly again…
Inspected it carefully as per what Sprkslfly
said to do.
Gave the RTA a good wash in soapy water, then a clean water rinse and finally a new coil…
Filled her up with some Strawberry Ice Cream and there’s no burnt taste whatsoever.
Really appreciate your help :laughing:

4 Likes