TFA Vanilla Custard thoughts?

I still haven’t mixed up my TFA II I fell in love with Premium and kind of forgot to do anything with the other

3 Likes

Ahhh ok i see…I thought you used the TPA VC2 instead of the Original…My bad :grin:

3 Likes

Here I was thinking the same

3 Likes

I had no idea Bull City had the VC II in stock, just grabbed a big bottle.

3 Likes

@Silhouette having used tons of TPA’s VC, but never VC II, how does it differ from the V I ?? I’m one that never got pepper from the V I, so not sure what the diffs. are …

2 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m going to have a peek at the ingredient list to see the differences (if they have it available for v2). I tasted pepper with TPA Vanilla Custard, VBIC, and White Chocolate, so if there’s no pepper that’s a win.

4 Likes

Pretty sure the consistency behind the V2s was delivering a similar flavor without the bad stuff (AP/DP) …hmm maybe that’s the peppery part too?

4 Likes

I have the TFA II sitting here unused still … lazy lazy chick this week

1 Like

Wasn’t that what the DX versions were for?

4 Likes

Yes …The VC2 actually contains acetoin…i think it was made to compete with some of the newer VC on the market.

From TPA website

Vanilla Custard II Flavor

Water soluble.

A richer version of Vanilla Custard that compares very favorably to other Vanilla Custard flavors offered elsewhere.

*** Note: This flavor contains ‘custard’ ingredients: Acetoin & Acetylpropionyl.

The following link explains the frequent questions & concerns involving custard notes.

Looks like it also contains Acetylpropionyl…

5 Likes

Everyone loves VC II it seems. Most similar to premium FA, same level of richness, just a bit sweeter and it doesn’t need steeping. (levels of Acetoin and AP are similar to the original VC TPA, but it doesn’t have Diacetyl like Premium FA).

2 Likes

Have you got the sds for FA premium?

Diacetyl or no Diacetyl the Acetoin will produce Diacetyl with oxidation - So if you want to avoid Diacetyl you will have to avoid Acetoin as well.

4 Likes

Description

Custard Premium

The taste of the most used cream in pastry shop is now even better.

A true must have.

Suggested percentage 2-3%

This flavour contains Diacetyl and/or related diketones.

2 Likes

Oh I know it is DAPPy which is why it tastes awesome. I was just wondering if @Mikser had managed to find an sds as I have been looking for one and cant find it.

3 Likes

You got these already?

4 Likes

yup cheers have them all in my db - will go thru and see if they have updated since i last grabbed them all.

EDIT: ah there you go it is in there thank you @anon28032772

4 Likes

FA Premium

2 Likes

Is it @Sprkslfly or @daath who updates the sheets on the flavor pages? The ones I checked on the recipe side are all missing the links.

1 Like

These are all FA flavors that contain DAAP (as far as i know)

fa

1 Like

And whipped cream
and …
and …
Just check the differences between flavourart.co.uk and flavourart.uk. What’s missing on the co.uk contains daaps

2 Likes