Tfa vbic pepper taste

just an fyi i could push the flave to 3.75 without a pepper note but go to 4pct and it there a little anything above 4 is pepper but i dont thi k there is a need to go above 3.5 ever

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, I use vanillin with no problems, if this is truly their answer. But I have used flavors with no Butanoic Acid or Butyrate that still give off a pepper flavor for me, alternatively I have used flavors high in Butyrate that give off no peppery flavor either. Vanilla Bean Gelato contains both Butyrate and Vanillin, and yet it doesnā€™t give a pepper taste. Same with Vanilla Swirl, although I donā€™t get pepper from this either, unless itā€™s just one of those things that is just different for everyoneā€™s senses.

4 Likes

Thanks. It is a mystery. But at least in my case I wonder if it is a particular vanilla that TFA uses that I am reacting to rather than vanillin. That is why Iā€™m avoiding TFA vanillas except for French Vanilla Deluxe which I use in one of your recipes. Its all over my head. Oddly enough I have a similar problem with Cap VC and just the same I can use INW, Flavorah, or my favorites FA and Purilum. After 50 years of smoking its a wonder I can taste anything.:smiley:

4 Likes

I still get the off taste from CAP Custard, while not as plastic-like if it has been rebottled, but itā€™s an oddity all the same. So many people love it, my husband loves it, but sometimes I taste it and think ā€˜what the hell is that taste?ā€™. It surely remains a mystery why some of us taste things so incredibly different than others, but Iā€™d love to figure it out one day. :wink:

2 Likes

After 50 years of smoking it is amazing you are still alive

3 Likes

The geezer is not a wheezerā€¦thanks to vaping and I think many other things. Its pretty far off topic but two of those things are diet and exercise. My doctor (internist) recently declared my lung functions as ā€œpristine.ā€ Cut out as much sugar as possible and donā€™t drink tap water are just two.

1 Like

You might consider trying Cap French Vanilla. IMO, itā€™s responsible for the majority of what I love about VC v1, but without the egg notes!

1 Like

Thanks .Iā€™ll try that. Iā€™m mixing right now. What % should i try for a SF tester?

2 Likes

Makes sense (and should be obvious, even though itā€™s a monumental request for some of us :laughing: )

o0
Whuuut?
Water is supposed to be the healthiest thing we CAN do! :confused:

1 Like

I enjoyed it at 4% as a SF. YMMV

2 Likes

It is. H2O is the universal solvent. But the fluorides and chemicals found in most water supplies are horrible. I went to pure distilled then filtered water years ago and damned near never drink from any other source. I live out in the boonies and am surrounded by fields. My well is 430 feet deep and i still donā€™t drink it. I read awhile back that almost 90% of people in the US are pissing glyphosateā€¦among many other things.

Reverse osmosis is nearly as good. Donā€™t use store bought DW in a plastic jug. We bought a system at a reasonable price and would never go back.

2 Likes

Definitely good to know. Scared to push it to far .

1 Like

I used to use tpa vanilla custard for 3 years and aftet that found that it has a peppery taste (after i tried their vbic) why? And how can it be that i go so long loving a flavour and then bamā€¦ Its no good, i tried different percentage etc and have found 1 thing that makes a difference : the more i vape vanilla flavours the more i get that peppery taste. So i had a break from any vanilla for a couple months and can now tolerate Vbic and VC from tpaā€¦ Maybe its an overuse of the part of our taste buds that recognised vanilla custard? Either way im so glad to be able to vape to vape vc again and enjoy itšŸ‘

4 Likes

Really good observation. Thinking about it a little, at the onset of vaperā€™s tongue I begin to loose flavor and there is a definite ā€œpepperā€ feel to the vape. Very well could be a sensory issue regarding vaperā€™s tongue.

5 Likes

I think if the acetyl propionyl is at around the 3% range it influences the vanillin. I get pepper from LB too unfortunately.

3 Likes

I also do when pushed above 3.75 pct ā€¦

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™m a lucky one, never tasted pepper with any flavours.

1 Like