Tfv12 Tank busting

See if this works.

1 Like

oh I forgot, you can go to SMOK’s website and punch in the authentication code to verify the tank. Scroll down this page and punch that number in. I think SMOK has always had ups and downs with their QC, so it could just be faulty glass, or something on the tank getting to tight, etc…

https://www.smoktech.com/support

2 Likes

I have been using sub ohm tanks up until recently, switched over to an RTA.
Serpent SMM to be exact.
For all the sub ohm tanks that I have used, TFV8 baby and big baby beasts,
whenever I chain vape, the tank gets really really hot and I have always hated that.
Now, with the RTA, I never have that issue anymore which is wonderful.
I was thinking that it might just break the glass because of the change in temperature. Heating up and then cooling down so often but it never did. But glad I don’t have to deal with the hot tanks anymore.

1 Like

Was actually able to find a local shop where I bought 3 glasses. Most of our shops only sell kits and liquid.

3 Likes

Not believing this. Just cracked my 4th glass. Has to be something I am doing, right?

1 Like

Is it possible you’re over tightening it?

1 Like

Same base? it cant be round somewhere on either end…cut your loses man and get a new base or diff tank

2 Likes

You know, I think that makes the most sense here. There’s something wonky with the metal and its not sitting right with the glass.

1 Like

I’ve got a spare tank so I’m going to put a new glass in it and see. It could be I’m over tightening but any looser and it would leak. Only me. :smiley:

I wonder if the flavorings could be doing it. This is my Area 51 clone, has a lot of caramel in it.

2 Likes

Flavors shouldn’t affect a glass tank…

1 Like

You do have a top and bottom o ring? if you do I would suggest the Jesse has it right something is not quite right with either the top or the base or you a super tightening it

1 Like

Yes and actually replaced all the seals (more than once) because of the leaking.

1 Like

Does it keep cracking in the same place? The same way?

Have you checked for imperfections under the o-rings?

I think you’ve overtightened it I done it once on the kylin wasn’t paying attention and kept tightening them heard the dreaded crack

1 Like

I have anouther friend who went through 3 glasses on a tfv12 too. He broke 2 out of 3 of them by just knocking them over on a table. Maybe their just super easy to break? I’ve never owned the '12 but don’t have any issues with the tfv8.

1 Like

I have IJOY CIGPET ECO12. It is full analog of TFV12.
There is no any problem with glass.
eco12

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind trying a clone as long as it works. I’ll check into that.

Has anyone had any success building your own seals? The one I have trouble with is the white one that covers the top of the tank.

1 Like

So with this steamcrave, I will need to build the coils right? Fortunately Vapeymama has given me a head start on how to do that. I’m interested in a large reliable tank.

3 Likes

Yep, yep! And it doesn’t have to be a super complicated or complex build. :wink: @Cutlass92 and I played around making Clapton’s and stuff for a while, but honestly get better flavor out of twisted SS. (Psssst, it was mainly Cutlass. :joy:)

1 Like