TFV4, Crown, Haze and others - How do they stack up against each other?

OK I finally got the dual coil for the tfv4 to rolling the vapor!!! You all were right it is betterā€¦ when I got it wicked properly, it hits greatā€¦ great flavor and tons of vapor!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes itā€™s doable.

I think you need to allow around 150F less.

Iā€™ve used my IPV4S in Ni200 mode with a Ti build when I was trying to get more warmth to my vape and I started at 320F and worked my way up.

The biggest issue from what I found was that you can get dry hits this way.

But since Iā€™ve changed to 22g Ti and gone to super sub ohm builds running in Ti mode the warmth is there at 430F.

CMJ

1 Like

Iā€™ve used 29, 26 and 22g Ti wire from

www.wireandstuff.co.uk

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve used and done so far.

26g Ti at .32ohms, at .14ohms 30-50J 485-550F flavour is great but warmth was lacking.

26g/29g Ti Alien Clapton build at 0.08ohms wow what a vape. 50J and 480F was perfect.

22g Ti 5 wrap on a 3mm dual coil at 0.07ohms 45J 430F is a great great vape. Flavour is the best Iā€™ve ever had surpassing most of my dripper builds too.

The 22g is very easy to work with, holds its shape well when forming coils.

My 22g seems to have a Titanium Oxide coating which I was a little unsure about so I sanded it off using 650grit wet and dry and then thorough cleaning afterwards.

Thanks to @daath and @pro_vapes I wonā€™t be sanding the next recoil I do. Iā€™ll just be cleaning thoroughly and wrapping it up.

CMJ

3 Likes

I love the versatility of the SMOK and all the coil options. I hate my leaking issues and kanthol stock coils that burn out in 3-7 days for me and swapping out my batteries 3-4 times a day along with constantly having to stop and rejuice the monster. But for practical purposes and better flavor than kanthol the crown and itā€™s stainless steel coils are just a tid bit better. The SMOK definitely blows denser clouds and can handle much higher voltages and tastes great IMO. But I also have some dripper tanks (itā€™s a dripping atomizer on top of a tank system) ones a sky fall the other is the haze dripper by VHO, that blow both the TFV4 and the crown out of the water by a mile, and their tanks (technically) even with the same build (nichrome 90 26ga. .17 ohms) in the TFV4 and the Haze, haze wins on flavor and clouds. Iā€™ve shelved my SMOK TFV4 until they decide to come out with stainless steel or Ti coils.

Also I have a velocity, and a vector RDA that are the best flavor atomizers out of every RDA Iā€™ve seen thus far (looking forward to new innovations)

sorry but I hate to say I think you should buy some new batteries???

1 Like

Are you running a single battery mod? Regardless, it sounds like you should get some new batteries :smile:

They are already out with stock Ti-coils, and theyā€™re pretty good :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to try these new TI coils, along with some TI wire for the RBAā€¦ Iā€™m using some ā€œnewā€ Efests (purple) on a IPV3Li Vr, but I vape very heavily

1 Like

I have really looked at the haze dripper tankā€¦ I was wondering have you heard that you can use some parts off the original haze dripper and run the tank model in dual coil modeā€¦ Iā€™m seriously going to look into that idea.

Just the top cap, was my understandingā€¦

You can use it in dual coil mode as it is, just remove the plug from the side and build away

I took the juice plug out and built dual coils on both sides

Has anyone used nichrome 90 wire? It says 1 inch = .1 ohms, does anyone have any idea how many wraps I need and what diameter I should use on a dual coil in the TFV4 RBA?

1 Like

just a suggestionā€¦ wait for your To wire itā€™ll be worth the wait!!!

1 Like

The TVF4 is a good tank, but for me, not the best. My Aeronaut will be here Friday and from what I can see, this is going to be a game changer (hate that expression)

Is this the one?

1 Like

Looks very interesting pv!

1 Like

@VapeFM is getting oneā€¦ canā€™t wait to hear about it!! looks real neat!!! a bit pricey itā€™ll come down eventually ā€¦just shows how people are advancing in thought with new devices very cool!!!

1 Like

Me too. I tried to endure it till I ā€œgot used to itā€ but in fact it simply sucks. And for as wide as it is the inner diameter doesnā€™t stack up. Using another drip tip means you either have to find something that fits the shallow connector or otherwise file one down. I have this though, and it fits snugly and is wider. Please forgive my nasty fingernailsā€¦

Here they are on Fasttech although I just picked mine up at a local shop.

Have you figured this out yet - the leaking on the dual RBA? It took me a bit too but once I got it I almost never have leaks. As for having to rejuice, well itā€™s a big time vaping tank. None of the liquid is being lostā€¦youā€™re vaping it. IF you like the volume of vapor youā€™re going to go through juice. If I drip I use just as much.

One last thing. I knowā€¦to each their own. IMO the TFV4 is not really that portable. Itā€™s a sit and enjoy the hell out of your vape kind of tank. Itā€™s the beer bong of tanks. Now donā€™t get me wrong. You can take that dual RBA deck and build all sorts of builds. Or the single for that matter. You can build hot builds, cool builds, juice sipping buildsā€¦whatever you want. But donā€™t make the mistake of thinking you can slap a dual clapton or dual 22ga Ti wire into the RBA and then run it with a single 18650 mod. Youā€™ll fry the battery in no time. You need at least a dual batt mod which, combined with this tank, is a fairly large thing to go running round with. That said, if you have a solid TC mod that will run titanium I think you could do a 10 wrap 2.5mm ID with 28ga Ti (spaced of course) and get a really good vape that is comparatively cooler and doesnā€™t gobble the juice. Then perhaps you could run it on a smaller TC mod and be mobile without feeling like youā€™re on a camping trip. Canā€™t say for sure because Iā€™ve had only in your face builds with this thing and havenā€™t regretted a second of it.

2 Likes

1 Like

This is where Iā€™ll chime inā€¦I put a different tip in mine as well and thats when my suspicions were validatedā€¦my drip tip always has a lot of fluid in it when Iā€™m using the tfv4ā€¦a lot of fluid is getting sent throughā€¦Iā€™m not sure if its unburned juice or water through some catalyst, but my cough is acting up and theres fluid in my drip tip when Iā€™m using the tfv4ā€¦
When I use a different tank that I know doesnā€™t do that, my cough is less and theres no fluid in my drip tipā€¦anybody else experience this???

1 Like