Thats it for me

Several. Crius,Griffin Aromamizer RDTA

drippers like Shuriken, Velocity

watts on tanks around 36w drippers 50-60w

average coil around 0.4 using kanthal

@Pro_Vapes When I am logged in, how do I look at someone’s flavor stash? Where should I find the button?

Don’t give up. I’m going to message you two recipes that I know are really good, I wrote them they’re not on the website as of yet. (I put off putting them up for all to see.) mix exactly as I send them steep the amount of time I have listed in the recipe and let me know how they are. also what brands of Nic and PG/VG are you using and where did you get them.

1 Like

Locate the user you want to view…

from a company called vapeable based in the UK

You have good equipment. I’d suggest trying some FLV, INW, FA and MF. It’s what got me out of the fog.

Research the flavors you want to try.

2 Likes

So you suggest kick TPA/TFA and Capella into touch?

Not exactly… I suggest expanding your stash to include stronger flavors, since what you’re using isn’t working for you.

2 Likes

ive looked at the research for guidance everytime and to be honest i find it confusing as the percentages are all over tghe place

1 Like

That’s the tough part. Testing flavors and keeping notes will help you nail the % that’s best for you.

2 Likes

ok i get that. if its bland its not enough but why the perfume smell and the acrid taste ? i dont overpower the ratios

Hey Middle,

I see that you have been mixing for July 2015. Did you take a break on mixing and your back? I was surprised to login on laptop to see original posts from 2015 and see issues with perfumy/bland. I don’t really post from my laptop since I use my phone to do all my posting, but wanted to really pump you up as a newer mixer. I really wanted to share that when I started mixing back in October 2015 everything sucked…I thought everything was wrong and I was tricked into diy on this idea of saving money, and all that stuff. I even thought a mixer everyone knows about (HIC) was an agent from FA and he just convinced me to buy $100 in FA flavors that were not working.

To get out of the loop of bad juices I posted and discussed every mistake that I made. It was embarrassing to have people point out the most obvious topics because I had read those topics at one point. Slowly but surely, I got better, I learned, I even enjoyed to learn to try and enjoy some of my perfumy mixes because I am excited to learn the flavor notes and think all day on how to change it.

That being said… I agree with @Pro_Vapes Pro_vapes. :innocent:

If you have been fighting with your flavors…your going to have to branch out. I see alot of TPA. Please look into some FA flavors and others. No I haven’t typed in my flavor stash here…but out of my 150+ flavors the vast majority is FA, and then a handfull from INW, then TPA, and last at the lowest ammount CAP…Oooo and 1 bottle of MF White Chocolate (going to mix with today).

As for the cuttwood unicorn milk recipe, I only could see a few comments. I hope its a great recipe…however, I personally would not have mixed it exactly I see three comments and no feedback from the mixer. I see it rated at 5 stars but when comparing to the very top recipes here on the site with 20 points of feedback and 50 comments…if I was only going to mix someone else’s recipes I would go with those. (please keep in mind that for many of use when we post our work, many hours went into it prior to getting posted, the recipe should be top notch, but based on taste preferences one persons recipe may not work for you…for example I love my Zen’o"oba recipes…however, I would not recommend trying to mix it…your really going to have to like earthy flavors…there is perfumy notes there ect.)

So…if you have made it to the bottom…Lol…my recommendations…

1. Get some flavors from FA, maybe 1-2 from INW. (Are you restricted to TPA? can you down the road get FA)
  2. This should be number one…research your next flavor buys…read up on every flavor you are going to buy…but the most top rated flavors.
  3. Buy flavors based on the top recipes and recipes you want to make.
  4. Get back to basics. Hopeful you are mixing by weight, shaking up all your flavors just prior to mixing.

If you say you could only buy 6 fa flavors in the near future…I would say Vienna Cream FA, Fresh Cream FA, Marshmallow FA and then pick six fruits. Out of that you should be able to create three good basic fruit recipes…and you can start adding 1% tpa fruits and have off the wall fruit recipes.

Have a wonderful day…I need to follow my own advice and start building my recipes for today…just got mixing supplies in. I hope this helps.

11 Likes

Not trying to pat myself on the back here guys just saying I know they are good to vape cause I vape them. I really sounded conceited in my previous post

3 Likes

I don’t think I have anything to add really. Pro-Vapes and Chrispdx have said everything I would say to you. Take their advice, as these guys really know what they are talking about.

5 Likes

Those as well as Flavour Art and Flavorah, I have no experience with Inerwa to speak of so I can’t really go there.

Mixing fruits with creams, bakery and sweeteners helps curb sharp edges. I use Pyure a lot to knock the sharp edge off some recipes.

4 Likes

http://thee-cigshop.co.uk
They sell more concentrated flavours like Flavour art, Flavorah and Inawera.

1 Like

That is the protocol I used when I first started mixing…Kept experimenting…kept researching…Then found the secret that worked for me…especially with the “perfumy” issue…FROTHING…I got a little cheap dremel tool…put a 1/8 inch drill bit that comes with it…attached a drink mixing straw (cut in half and a quarter inch bend in it) Blue Diamond drink mixing straws available at Meijers in the picnic/cup isle

After dispensing my ingredients into my bottle, I frothed the mix until it was the consistency of beer foam… Let it sit cap off for less than 12 hours (overnite) for it to re-liquify… In some instances I frothed again (will explain later)…Cap back on, and steeped for minimum of 2 weeks…Flavorah flavors can get great results in 1 week…During the 2 week period I re-visit my bottle daily and for the 1 week I squeezed the air out and let a little new air in…Cap back on, and back to my steep drawer… I do not use speed steeping methods…

Here’s why it works for me… Flavor concentrates have flavor molecules which also incorporate substances I call “Volatiles”… These volatiles are what I found to be giving me that perfumy problem that you are experiencing…By frothing and cap off and on routines, I found that I was able to rid my juice of the perfumy volatiles AND maintain the good flavor molecules…the frothing also blends the flavor into the PG/VG mix as well as helps the volatiles have a good chance to escape the mixture…I had to experiment with the cap on/ cap off time frames, but suffice it to say that 12 hours after frothing is a good timeframe…

For some flavors (my example here)… I will froth a second time … FA Forest Fruit is one…

I am a high % mixer at 40/60 PG/VG mixing for MTL vaping at .8 to 1.1 Ohm builds…which for me, requires higher flavor %s My FA Forest Fruit I mix at those base ratios at 15% flavor (many think I am crazy)… :slight_smile: However…with 2 Frothings and a 16 day steep protocol… I get an extremely bold, tasty fruit vape which is smooth as silk… and it has absolutely NO perfumy harshness at all

Flavorah Wild Melon…Grape… and a few other fruit flavors in the Flavorah Line… I mix at 8%…froth 1 time…cap off overnite…cap on in the morning and steep 4 - 7 days…U********* believably beautiful vape…

I wholeheartedly agree with Pro_Vapes experience/advice and others here for you to check out some other flavor brands that will get you some excellent results…Then you will gain some intuition that will allow you to get the previously failed flavors to work for you…For me it is all about the willingness to sometimes throw caution to the wind and play with extremes…The world will turn for you…

5 Likes

Actually a vape being bland doesn’t necessarily mean you need more flavor. This might sound odd but to much flavoring can have the opposite affect. For whatever reason every flavor has a ceiling and if you go over tht amount the flavor does down but smell goes up. You might want to try using less flavors or mixing in 20-30% more pg/vg to some current mixes. For tfa flavors my sweet spot is about 15%.

You might even want to start with super basic just do a single flavor start at 10% and work your way up till it tastes right. That’s how i started in diy be4 i knew of any sites like elc. Than once i got single flavors down moved to dubble and still do tpa black cherry/sweettart is still a fav even yrs later. Also imo most recipes on elc have way to much flavoring. Hope that helps and it works for you gl.

5 Likes

I have a hard time tasting weak flavors due to sinus issues. When I started DIY, about 6 weeks ago, I started a thread about what to do. I got some great tips, and learned some stuff through experiencing my mixes.

To summarize, I mix a bottle per the recipe. I then adapt that recipe and increase the flavors by 40%, and make a bottle of that. Once thoroughly mixed, I mix 50/50 into a third bottle to get a batch at 120% flavor strength.

I put them away for 2 weeks of steeping and try them in an RDA, starting with the weakest one. I take some notes and rate the flavor quality and strength.

If needed, a week later I do it again. And another week later, I do it again.

I’ve found that some recipes change drastically over this month, especially with custards, desserts and weak fruit flavors. With several I’ve marked them “tasteless” or "perfumey’ or even “putrid” after a week, but after 4 weeks the flavor has always improved. Some that I would have tossed after a week have become delicious after a month. Even the “putrid” got upgraded to “OK”.

It helps to have 3 choices after a month, too. :blush: one of them is almost always good enough to finish. I’ve only come across 2, out of about 30 recipes, that I would toss after that month.

Some of the recipes made with extra flavoring need some tweaking, generally a reduction of stronger fruit flavors. So I may end up with a recipe with 130% of the non-fruit flavors and 110% of the fruit flavors.

I have found that the ones with strong fruit flavors more frequently take only 2 weeks to be vape-able, and the custard-types seem to take 4 or even 5 weeks.

And now, after about 6 weeks, I’m making up 15 recipes in big bottles, and I’ll do that again in 2 weeks, just in case I finish one too quickly. Waiting for a month of steeping can suck!

Don’t give up.

2 Likes