The banana runts molecule. (Flavor science)

I wonder if that is where the Name for the Japanese sword came from - Katana

4 Likes

Just don’t be critical of her cooking - she’ll kill ya.

2 Likes

They are really starchy like a potato. They bloat you and make you fat. I only eat them for potassium once in a while. My husband is a UPS driver and he burns a lot of calories so he needs to eat starchy stuff but unless you are very active athletically or do hard physical work…

This thread is ripe with innuendo …ok ok this whole site is ripe with innuendo. I personally skip much single flavor testing and jump right to extract pairing tests and it produces more valuable DIY findings IMHO …so good post. The Flavor Bible is an important resource for advancing in DIY, especially if you’re venturing into cloning or whipping up something fresh. The objective nature of Science blends with the subjective Art of our personal tastes making DIY very exciting.

Surprised at all the banana hate but to each his own. Perhaps you could exact revenge and just choke one vigorously, and pound it with your fist …just rub one out …just sayin’ …surely you’ll feel differently immediately afterwards. Kitties licking bananas wearing a monkey outfit? …I’m not even touching that one …too Furry

4 Likes

Well, you can always just put more bacon and cheese if you still taste the brocolli :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh Dear Bo,

It’s not hate I have for the banana itself, it’s what the banana does to the human body I detest, among other things.

(Rant Warning)

I mean seriously - who in the hell died in the 60’s and made some law that human beings had to eat those things anyway. I would say 85% of US households buy banana’s every week of their life and they don’t even know why. It is the most annoying grocery staple on earth. In fact, every #$%#@ Saturday of my life since I was 22 years old, those $%#@ bananas had to be put in a grocery cart and brought home for my children and husband as a filler for lunches and mindless snacking when the potato chips are gone.

Worse - every &^%$# Friday of my life since I was about 5 years old, there has been at least one rotting banana in a bowl on the counter waiting for my mom to make banana bread or me to throw the damn banana away lol

Thank you for letting me vent :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been thinking “Katana” at work all day and cracking up. Good thing I’m used to the funny looks.

2 Likes

Oh c’mon, tell us how you REALLY feel! LMAO.
Actually I feel the same way about cauliflower and brussel sprouts. blech

2 Likes

Let those bananas turn black and they will give you the most delectable banana bars ever. Make a cream cheese frosting or glaze for the top.

1 Like

But then … the fruit flies start swirling. Ackkkk!

Because there is no way I am putting so much effort into Banana Bread for one measly rotting banana, I throw it into a protein shake in the blender. Before it gets black and mushy though. The good thing is, I don’t have to throw much fruit away because the racoon outside will eat it. I named him Charlie.

1 Like