The Woes of Wicking

You cannot make a coil if you do not try :slight_smile:
I think wicking is an art, as is making a coil an art. I believe wicking is the same in TC mode as wattage mode. But I am not at all an expert and donā€™t even vape RDAā€™s. My experience is just with factory coil rebuilding. That would need itā€™s own thread, although related its completely different :slight_smile:
I have a couple RDAā€™s coming from China over the next weeks, so I was doing a little pre-research here :wink:

6 Likes

oh I have tired and iā€™m also visually impaired, so with that regard i legitimately can not build them. So i get the prewrapped coils and then wick them myself. still cheaper then factory coils and i love my little Solomon V1 RTA

4 Likes

I can see how getting contradictory information can be confusing, and Iā€™m about to add more conflicting info ā€¦ NiChrome (Ni80) doesnā€™t work in temp mode!

In order for any metal or alloy to work in TC mode, it has to have super conductive properties, i.e. the resistance has to rise as the alloy gets hotter, and the difference has to be large enough for the mod to measures the difference. NiChrome doesnā€™t have any super conductive properties, or at least not enough, so it doesnā€™t work in TC mode. Donā€™t get fooled by the fact that it contains nickel and that nickel does have super conductive properties, lots of alloys contain nickel without having SC properties.

3 Likes

This isnā€™t a bad deal for the variety of ni80 coils included. No Ti in this kit though!

What mod are you using with your Soloman v1?

1 Like

I am using the smok deviken

2 Likes

Have you read this thread? I havenā€™t used TC yet as I donā€™t have a MoD that would would do a fair job in TC mode. This is a super simple spaced coil that produces exceptional results based on the comments of this thread! Check it out sometime!

2 Likes

I was able to wick my tank today in one try. I was even able to get the perfect amount of cotton bacan so I didnā€™t have to pull extra off it.

4 Likes