This Sucks

I was thinking about this. What about people having bake sales? Are they going to crack down on that next? I mean people are using food grade substances to make goods to sell to the public to consume. I wonder if they should be required to have a lab, get a license, and pay the state a bunch of money to do so. Then us Hoosier Vapors could join forces with all the Grandma’s around here and storm the State House! I think I am onto somethin’ here :wink:

1 Like

@LordVapor the fda only approved pg for food, it did not approve for vaporizers. The study did start out with a Vape test for 26 monkeys in a room and a constant Vape, but they stopped the test after 3 months and death of monkey # 13

1 Like

Say what? :confused:

Here’s my favorite part from the bill -

20 (3) ensuring that e-liquid is not contaminated or adulterated
21 by the inclusion of ingredients or other substances that might
22 pose unreasonable threats to public health and safety

This is a class action suit just waiting to happen. I hope some group of lawyers ties this up in court forever and forces the state of Indiana to explain themselves - how they write law under the guise of safeguarding public health re e-cigarettes, yet allow and collect tax revenue off the sale of tobacco cigarettes that knowingly contain harmful chemicals and kill their citizens every day. All this is just too much.

3 Likes

13 monkeys died or just the 13th monkey died

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/91/1/52.abstract is the only study I could find (with a very quick google) that involved monkeys and vapor of any sort.

But no monkeys died.

Can you provide a source for your study? Cuz it sounds a bit like a urban vape legend to me.

The 13th monkey was a heroin user. When they locked him in the cage he died from withdrawals :slight_smile:

I quick search did not find the exact study but cited the studies and the monkeys. I’m mo computer whiz… Google health effects of propylene glycol on Google, read the atsdr file. Studies cited.including the monkeys I read the original awhile back and will keep looking

In t he study I read every time they came to the part of the inhalation tests they just kept saying it would be impossible for anyone to receive 321 ppm of inhaled pg for any length of time. I seem to remember it was the study done for the fda approval sorry I do not know how to copy links on iPad my computer is broke section 2.2.1.1 cites Robertson et.al 1947 13 month study involving 29 monkeys

This is why I started mixing my own juice. I want to know what is in it and limit any health consequences

Click my link. It’s the study you’re talking about. However the study concludes:

“The results of these experiments in conjunction with the absence of any observed ill effects in patients exposed to both triethylene glycol and propylene glycol vapors for months at a time, provide assurance that air containing these vapors in amounts up to the saturation point is completely harmless.”

So if I’m not misunderstanding and you are saying this study says PG is bad, well, I don’t know how you’re arriving at that conclusion. The monkeys did die at the end of the study, but that was because they were killed and dissected at the conclusion of the study to see if the lungs had any damage (there was none). Poor monkeys. :cry:

1 Like

Which link, I would like to read the whole study I also am no scientist and could very well be misinterpreting or not understanding, so any help in understanding from the community is appreciated

I only have a link to the abstract because I don’t have a subscription to a subscription to Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, but http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/91/1/52.abstract is what I posted above.

Anybody have any idea how many food/drugs the FDA tests every year?

I would be very happy to have misunderstood.

Well thats true. It’s just in Indiana. But I’ve always thought there interstate rules for big trucks has always sucked to. So I’ve never had much love for that state. Nothing against the ppl that live there

Are you referring to the speed limit for trucks being 65 instead of 70?

1 Like

That , but i heard they was suppose to change that, and they just love messing with truckers lol.

I hear you loadvapor. I’m in Indianapolis, My vape store PVI has both pre-made {cuttwood,ect.} and they make there there own house bleand. So far they are saying that it ok for now, but. I just get a bad vib when I go In there.I just hoping to get my DIY juice working good. Right now it’s so so. If they do stay open , I’m sure the prices will go up even more, and that may drive them out.

So far as I can tell the nic is the only thing that we DIYers need to be concerned with. So strictly from a user’s standpoint, get nic liquid and store it. I don’t know how long it will keep in the freezer but I swear I’m thinking of getting enough to make a 30ml bottle of 3mg every day till I’m 90. Let’s see…

40 years x 365 x 0.3ml means I need 4380 ml of 100mg/ml nic. That’s just over 1 gallon and at Nicotine River the gallon is $200. Damn, 40 years worth of nic for $200 - seems unreal. Question is, how long will it keep at zero F?

1 Like

July 2016. Not sure how they are going to stop internet sales.