Thoughts on FA Chocolate and Cocoa vs. TPA Double Chocolate

Haven been working towards the perfect S’mores recipie and have blown through about 15 iterations so far. At first, I thought I preferred the TPA Double Chocolate route, but then stumbled into the interesting combo of FA Chocolate and Cocoa. Seems like the FA route tasted better, more real (I preferred 3-1 choc to cocoa for lighter taste), but after about the 4th tester bottle, started to notice an almost dry/chalky aspect to the FA route, despite the chocolate tasting better flavor wise. I’ve also noticed that unless using the smallest quantity, the FA route is really a coil killer. Shifting back to TPA (even though seems more like a tootsie roll) for the next iterations.

Anyone have any learned lessons, thoughts ?? All are welcome in my quest to dominate the S’mores !!!

1 Like

Have you tried Inaweras Milk Chocolate? Haven’t tried it myself yet but heard good things about it.

3 Likes

I have not tried that one yet, thank you.

1 Like

Never tried FA Chocolate, but I have used FA Cocoa. It is incredibly similar to the baking cocoa I keep around for baking: deep, intense chocolate flavour, and makes your mouth drier than the Sahara Desert, leading to a chalky feeling over time. And yes, FA Cocoa will eat your coils for dinner.

Maybe mixing the FA Chocolate with the TPA Double Chocolate would help with the tootsie roll flavour?

2 Likes

All I can say is yup. Cocoa FA is a coil killer and is one of the reasons why I got into building my own coils. After vaping through 30mls the Cotton is black as night…but oh so good.

2 Likes

With TPA Double Choc I get this sensation that there is some strawberry in it… dunno why. So I tried the FA route, too, and like yourself found it to be rather chalky/powdery. Lowering the % by about 20% and adding 0.5-2% Bav. Cream FW or other creams does help a lot, though. :relaxed: Not 100% happy with it yet, but we’re getting there.

2 Likes

I love a good choc vape hard to nail down but my go to choc is inw milk choc @ 3% add to that 0.25% malted milk and 1.5% vanilla bean gelato.

4 Likes

I haven’t tried any of those Chocolates but the RF SC Chocolate tester I mixed up yesterday at 2% smells amazing. The RF SC Cookies and Cream, Brownie and Deep Fried Oreo are amazing so I expect the Chocolate will be great as well since I assume it is the base in those other 3 flavors.

3 Likes

Out of all Chocolates out there I have tried them all. The ones I keep in my stash are, FA Cocoa, FA Chocolate and INW Milk Chocolate and I normally always use a combo of FA Cocoa with one of the other two Chocolates and sometimes all three. One of the best ways to amp up Chocolate e-liquids is to use a little AP in your recipe. With a Smores recipe, you could go the dark or milk chocolate route depending on what you prefer. For a solid middle ground chocolate FA Cocoa .5% and .5%AP with 1% FA Chocolate or INW Milk Chocolate works well for me and if you want to increase dark flavor bring FA Cocoa up to 1%. Small percentages of this is all you need for a nice realistic chocolate flavor. Going past 2% with FA and you are over flavoring and with INW Milk Chocolate same goes at around 3%. And yes it is a coil killer and unless you use a rebuildable atty of some kind it can be pricey buying the disposable coils.So if you don’t have one then either get one or miss out on the best chocolate out there IMO.

5 Likes

I personally like sc real flavors chocolate, SC real flavors Brownie, hangsen Australian chocolate, fa cocoa (if u don’t mind vaping under 40 watts), and flavorah milk chocolate (only need 0.5%). Cap Brownie is a good chocolate flavor as well. I never cared much for tfa chocolates (none of them) bc they all have a medicine like taste to me. I’ve also found that a few drops of jamaican rum will really boost ur chocolate flavors. If u don’t mind spending some money check out Medicine flower light and dark chocolate! Oh another one I recently got was jungle flavors cocoa! It’s real good! Inawera flavors all have a weird chemical back taste to me as well. I had a bunch of they’re flavors but got rid of them. I think it might be the base they use or something that doesn’t agree with me. I did recently pick up inawera custard and surprisingly it didn’t have that back taste. Idk.

3 Likes

Oh yea I forgot about the cookies and cream and the deep fried oreo! Those are excellent! Butterfinger was great too!

3 Likes

Sometimes I also use CAP Chocolate glazed doughnut in addition to other chocolates, it smooths and makes for a nice creamy finish at around 1%.

3 Likes

I know this topic is nearly a year old, but after reading through the comments posted, I can relate to most of them. After so many mixed results using TPA, Cap and FA Chocs, I’ve settled on MF Dark Chocolate. Yes it’s expensive, but for me it just works better and tastes better than all the above… alone or in combo.

4 Likes

Have you tried Bakers flavors Chocolate Truffle? It’s also sold by Vaping Zone under their Gourmet flavors.

Also pretty good chocolate flavor, and very concentrated.

3 Likes

A wee shout out for Pure Flavours Milk Chocolate.
Tests so far involving 2% -4% is promising?
It actually reminds me of Inaweras original milk chocolate concentrate.
Only been mixing with it over the past 2 weeks but it is worth checking out.
You can get it from Chefs If you’re interested?

4 Likes

_HI i am not very experienced at mixing yet but i have had some decent results with Chocolate Deutsch (Flavorah) dense cake with a touch of caramel and coconut in there i found it is very strong 1.0% to 1.5% as they say taste is subjectiv it might work for you i hope

2 Likes

While I do like Chocolate Deutsch (at a little lower % i am in the .5% to .75% it is quite a strong flavour). I get more of a chocolate mud cake with backnote of coconut from it - I don’t think it would sub for a chocolate due to the cake aspect (unless of course you are shooting for a chocolate cake).

3 Likes

After much testing, and still liking TPA DCC, I settled on FA Choco, no cocoa in my S’mores mixes, and they worked out well. I’m re-visiting my old versionc of INW MC to see how that plays as well. My expericned with Chocolate Deutsch was similar to @woftam’s where is was quite good, but for me, the underlying (very present) coconut will limit where you can use it. Thanks to @Pro_Vapes I too have purchased MF Dark Choco and although expensive, it is delicous. Also doing some testing with his DIY MC stone/base.

2 Likes

Be careful with inw mc it can take over a mix quickly! I’ve been dialing it back a bunch cuz even at 3./. It’ll take over after a month steep! Been using it a 2 but still playing with it as well. Good luck on the s’mores! Dcc mixed with tfa dx mc is a pretty good combo 4./.dcc and 2./. Tfa Dx mc. Idk worked out well for a recipe I’ve made! Oh forgot it’s the original formula also lol

1 Like

@GalacticResidue I’ve never used MF, and only have Dark Chocolate and Butterscotch thus far, and you are right, as they are both strong. @Pro_Vapes has a pretty sweet DIY MC base which tames it down, without toning it down, if that makes sense. Looking forward to trying more MF flavors.

2 Likes