Thoughts on the new(er) Flavorah piptip bottles?

@Sara4 That’s how I felt when I started this thread. @Flavorah was kind enough to come by and drop some enlightenment our way.

5 Likes

You cant always use the rating system on the recipe page to gauge popularity . The recipes go back to 2015 and the flavors have evolved as well as mixers , when i started mixing 20pct flavoring was the avg , now 10 is that avg . I think FLV and a hand full of mixers were ahead of their time a lot of us are just now catching up and understanding how these flaves work … thats only my opinion , i believe FLV will be more recognized in 2019 … they have always been there just creeping in the background lol @Flavorah will be where TPA and FW were in 2015 / 2016 :wink:

7 Likes

Same thing happened with my papaya punch. Luckily the smell is pretty distinctive.

4 Likes

Yes Good Luck to @Flavorah

Im just saying I see what flavorah and all the flavor companies are up against.

And that inexperienced people usually will use the rating system to buy. I didn’t have enough experience or knowledge to do a full blown 1 month web-research project buying flavors.

The first 2 batches I bought were the majority of flavors.

After that I had enough research under my belt to fill in SOME of the good flavors I missed. But by then I had so many flavors. I wasn’t going to be buying a ton more.

So the companies not in the top were not even in the race for my first 2 big buys.

I have plenty of flavors now to last and won’t buy any more (not a big collector here) for a while. And only 3 or 4 are flavorah

until

#1 I use something up
#2 They expire and start tasting funky

But now I have enough experience and knowledge to be HYPER selective so no 1 company gets the majority of my purchasing power.

4 Likes

This is so awesome that Flavorah responded!!

4 Likes

Good point. Wish i had an answer.

I so screwed up just trying to edit in a quote, lol.

2 Likes

Let’s hope you didn’t buy all 30ml concentrates because they’ll last you a bloody long time :smiley:
I’ve got flavors that are 2 years old and they’re probably just as good as the day I got them.

Many people keep mixing for years, over time, you’ll order some more and you’ll have gained enough experience and knowledge from others here to get better concentrates from different brands. These top brands will change over time.

3 Likes

This is the best news Ive heard. :slight_smile:

LOl no 30 ml yet :wink:

When I order Supplies I can’t resist ordering a few flavors if they pop up as good from certain groups of ppl. :yum: :smile:

3 Likes

we are all guilty of this , ive learned to order the smallest amount possible though

5 Likes

This is a very dangerous blanket statement.
Because then you give new folks the wrong impression. EG:

While Suomynona is correct (to some degree), it’s not completely accurate. Nor is it a “complete picture” of what you need to know!

EVERYTHING plays a part. From quality of components used by the manufacturer, to what you store them in (HDPE, PET, Glass), to the Temps in the area you store them, to whether or not they’re subjected to sunlight.

Best practices IMO (and this varies by user, and experience) is to store the highest concentrated flavors in glass, with a phenolic-lined (poly) cap/lid. Stored in a dark place (meaning no sunlight), in 65F or lower. These include FLV, MF, Ina, things like acetyl pyrazine, etc.

ALL flavors can benefit from the above, but some may not like the added expense. If you don’t, or you order small, go through them fast, or order frequently, then it’s not often AS big a deal. But as your collection grows, and especially if you get into more expensive flavors… It pays for itself IMO. :wink:

I ordered big with one that I use alot of (FW butterscotch natural), and I found out that that particular flavor didn’t last but a couple months past a year in the PET bottle that I left it in. I only lost 25-30ml’s worth… But it was still a lesson learned. The only way I know this, is because I track the dates I purchased them in my stash notes.

Hopefully this saves you (@Freddie3) and others who are new having to learn the hard way. There’s a lot to this learning curve, but it’s worth learning! :wink:

5 Likes

Yes @Sprkslfly Rob I had it in the back of my mind I better stop using my super cheap plastic bottles. and upgrade them. Thanks to one of @eStorm 's posts before and now with a second on that wisdom from you Im all in favor for keeping da Flavor. Good and switching bottles. :+1:

4 Likes

I fully agree with what you say, this is all provided that you store your concentrates in the best way possible… and even then a few concentrates will go bad.
I can’t say I go to extremes to keep them safe from time though. They’re always stored in a drawer at room temperature (and I don’t have any AC for those >30°C days in summer), out of the light, properly closed caps. I also don’t have a lot of super strength concentrates… those will likely benefit from transferring them to glass bottles.
Some concentrates have gone bad (usually because of a crappy cap that doesn’t close as it should), I can’t deny that, but the majority has survived all this time without any noticeable degradation.

3 Likes

So these PE bottles are the worst im using. I can get glass bottles pretty cheap at the American Surplus Store close by my place. Unless would you recommed LDPE droppers ok? I guess I dont mind using glass. Just going to have to get use to pipettes. :rofl:

2 Likes

I always prefer glass, but again, it’s a personal choice. Use what works for you of course. I’m just trying to help with a few reminders and tips.

Basically, “things to keep in mind” while you are deciding what’s best for you. :wink:

2 Likes

Protecting the investemnt of course. :wink: Thanks much

3 Likes

IMO there are many obscure brands that make unique flavors that hit the mark where the top brands have failed.

SimplyFlavor, ViperFlavors, Euroflavors, Olive Nation, Zibelli , NicVape (just to name a few) all make certain flavors that i consider irreplaceable.
Buying only mainstream flavors can limit your creativity.

3 Likes

I hear you @mixologist13 I try to keep close to the action. Hopefully find a group to share buy with some items not available at most sites. like from the UK

These are in my shopping cart.

Absinthe (Decadent Vapours)
Dandelion & burdock (vapable)
Sweet Woodruff (Jungle Flavors)
Violet (Flavour Art)

:wink:

4 Likes