To fridge or not to fridge?

Hi guys this is my first post but ive been a member for some months now…
I post the same in the Facebook page ,but the answers ive got has nothing to do with what I asked…So hopefully someone will enlighten me here…

I need a help into deciding something…
The summer is coming, and even from now I’m struggling to keep my cabinet, which i have my mixing liquids, below 28 celsius but is impossible…
Is it OK to put everything in a plastic container and put it in the fridge, and every time i need to mix, which is roughly once a week, to take it out 2-3 hours prior???
Or is this weekly temperature changing not good for the liquids???
Thanks…
PS. I’m not talking about the big quantities i have stored in the fridge and freezer , but for the needed mixing quantities…

3 Likes

that would be perfectly fine , i keep all my flaves , pg. and nic in a fridge and i leave them out until they are at room temp

2 Likes

Here’s an article that goes into refrigeration in some depth. https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2015/10/how-store-e-liquid.html
I keep all my “working” quantities in a fridge and my “bulk” quantities in the freezer.

2 Likes

Thank you guys for your quickly replys…
So the weekly temp changing ( 2 to 28 and back to 2 and etc and etc ) wont do any harm to any of the liquids (nic-VG-PG and flavors) ??? Some might have this weekly changing temps for months… I know that the best way to store them is in the fridge ,but I’m afraid from this continuously BIG temps changings … ???

Thanks again ,

1 Like

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/blog/eliquids-reasons-fridge/

https://www.southbeachsmoke.com/resources/storing-e-liquid.html

http://besteliquidinfo.com/best-way-to-store-e-liquid-for-beginners/

Conflicting data regarding this topic. Bit the things that are consistent; store in a cool, dark place. Keep away from children. Light and heat will speed up oxidation causing unwamted changes to ingredients.

4 Likes

Hey Laura thanks for the reply…
Yes I know that is conflicting ,that’s why I needed help… The thing is as a fact you should keep your mixing quantities in a cool dark place, room temp is OK< that’s because they don’t live in Cyprus… …
From now I struggle to keep my cabinet, which store my mixing quantities , below 28 Celsius… In July and august it will be much more …

2 Likes

keep in mind that i use a separate mini fridge and the temp is set at it warmest setting which on average the temp inside the fridge is 48 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit , i would not keep the flaves in my normal fridge because the setting is much cooler , although it has been argued i have personally talked to people from TFA , Capella and walt from real flavors and all have stated in a fridge the shelf life of the flaves doubles , so for me im going to listen to the manufacturer before i listen to a person doing a write up , the reason i went to the fridge for a storage is because i lost over 100 flavors a couple summers ago when the heat got real hot tbey were stored in a hall closet , the entire house smelled of flavors it was like all the smell of the flaves seeped out it took a couple weeks of airing out the house before smell was gone

3 Likes

Hey,thanks for the replies…
Sorry if I’m repeating my self,but I want to make clear that I’m talking about "keeping " my stash to mix in the fridge…
My opinion to storing is fridge/freezer …
The thing I’m afraid is that every week all those flavors, they will have to come to room temp (about 28 Celsius) for 4 hours and then cold to 4 Celsius ,and the next week ,to room temp again for 4 hours and then to 4 Celsius again… over and over… is this weekly changing temps that I’m afraid and not the “fridge storing” by it self…

Thanks again…

2 Likes

i understand , i believe it will be fine , it is what you need to do , since it is suggested if you use fridge to allow flaves to get to room temp before mixing , this is something i do over and over again with my stuff

3 Likes

Thank you very much man…

1 Like

Just got an email from TPA regarding this …

Hello!

Changing temperature doesn’t harm flavors, but refrigeration can cause flavors to separate. For instance, many flavors have ethyl maltol crystals appear and settle on the bottle if they get too cold.

So, you may need to heat and shake the flavor and make sure everything is back in full solution before blending. Beyond that, this shouldn’t harm the flavors!

Cheers,

As Fidalgo said, they should know better…

3 Likes

this happens with a few flavors , i would suggest not heating i usually shake the hell out of it and it will eventually get to room temp , keep watching and shaking lol , you could get warm water and dip the bottom of the flave in the water then shake , i always try not to introduce heat to anything

1 Like

I keep the more expensive flavors in the fridge as well as extracts. Also my nicotine, ALWAYS.

1 Like

My worries was the temps ups and downs weekly… If thats not a promblem , the rest is practical… At 28+ celsius, minimum, it wont take long for the liguids to get back to normal solution… I wont use anything to help that… Thanks very much for your time and effort …

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the replies …
This issue is now SOLVED …