Tobacco Recipes

I always liked the Storm! It’s a much, much calmer version of FA Desert Ship!

New coil… fresh cotton

Gold Ducat 3%

This stuff should be illegal.

Wow, this is good.

2 Likes

Had no doubt you’d like it!

1 Like

What a unique flavor. Is Gold Ducat a real tobacco? I even tried searching for info on it, like where it’s grown, etc, but all I could find was vape related info.

Is it considered pipe, cigar?

Gonna’ need a bigger bottle of this.

Thanks for suggesting it.

1 Like

Maybe the 3% is too much for me, but I’m not a big fan of the Tuscan Reserve. Too much of what I would describe as a floral taste. The first word that popped into my head, after the first taste, was a bit perfumey.

I tasted it in a dripper, for convenience. I have to say, I’ve never really gotten along well with drippers. I’m a relatively low power vaper, and drippers are usually a little too potent for me. Maybe that, combined with the 3% made it overpowering.

I’ll revisit it soon, at a lower percentage and in a tank. Hopefully that will help.

1 Like

It is a very unique tobacco flavor! I looked around the innerwebs and read what a few other folks said about it. This is a mix up of reviews…and I have to agree!

Gold Ducat:

Gold Ducat tastes like RYO Bali Shag’s top notes - more accurately, it tastes almost identical to Amsterdam Shag by Peter Stokkebye RYO tobacco. A pleasant tobacco flavor with a touch of honey and ash; a gentle mixture of golden Virginia and natural Cavendish. This is definitely not a black Cavendish or maduro-type of tobacco flavor, in that the taste itself is much more reminiscent of the lighter-colored cut tobacco leaves than those darkened, heavily-cured “throatier” tobacco tastes. There’s a touch of a white Riesling wine note in there as well!

3 Likes

I liked the Bali Shag RYO tobacco, back in my early RYO days. Unfortunately, a tax regulation change made the price skyrocket for ‘cigarette’ tobacco. I don’t know if it was a national deal, or just the State of Mich. ‘Pipe’ tobaccos were not affected. The way it was explained to me, by a guy in the tobacco shop, was a lot of the RYO tobacco companies skirted the cigarette / pipe tax difference by changing their RYO cigarette tobacco to a ‘rougher cut’, like pipe tobacco, and re-naming it Such & Such Pipe Tobacco. That way, the higher cigarette tobacco tax didn’t apply.

Some companies, like Bali Shag, didn’t change their cut size, and therefore, their price shot through the roof.

The whole reason for me doing RYO was due to the price of cigs, so I migrated over to the rougher pipe cut tobaccos.

One of my favorite RYO tobaccos was actually Zig Zag. That stuff was awesome, but they too, didn’t go to the pipe cut, so their price went out of range for me, also.

I’m curious, if the tax difference between cig & pipe cuts was exclusive to Michigan, or did it also happen elsewhere?

1 Like

Your story is my story exactly! I landed on Peter Stokkebye London Export after using MANY RYO tobaccos.

No… The tax thing happened in NC as well; I’m sure it was all over the USA.

I used to buy my RYO from a place in Washington State, “Little Brown Smoke Shack”…cheap, cheap, cheap! But they had to discontinue online sales due to a shit load of new tobacco tax laws. I had to start purchasing my tobacco locally at a much higher cost; $7 for a pouch or 1.5 oz.

1 Like

Yikes! $75 a pound! Exactly why I had to go to the pipe cut stuff. When I quit, I think I was paying about $23 for a pound of the bulk ‘house brand’. It wasn’t nearly up to the Bali & Zig Zag standard, but better than the bagged bulk stuff that was hanging on the wall. After a hundred pounds or so, I got used to it…LOL.

With that stuff, I can’t say it was a satisfying smoke. It just got me through a momentary need.

With all the tobacco flavors available, vaping. I don’t feel like I quit smoking. I feel like I improved it by light years.

2 Likes

I can now say, I’ve found my Irish Cream…at last! Cap Irish Cream :yum:

3 Likes

It is the only one I’ve ever bought and I liked it. Never bothered with another brand since. I’ve made a batch of this yesterday and will get back to you in a week :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome! You can go for it around 3 days, depending on your steep process; I just stuck a week on there for good measure; couldn’t hurt I guess. :thinking:

I’ve gone as high as 4% on the Irish cream, but I think I like it better around the 2 to 3% mark; just a hint of the flavor, so as not to cover up the tobacco too much. :+1:

1 Like

I’ll be interested to find out whether or not you think this mix could turn into the fabled “Angel Piss” if we doctored it a bit? A touch of cappuccino, coffee or dark bean espresso? I think we can do it! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That sounds great, I’ve been waiting for this Angel Piss for a loooong time. I’ve vaped some Demon Turds but that didn’t agree with me :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

So im new to the whole tobacco mix thing but i have given it a shot.

Apple Jack V1

Ingredient%
Butterscotch Graham Tobacco (LB)5.5
Fuji Apple (FA)0.5
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)2

Flavor total: 8%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Notes:

I was shooting for a flavor similar to Apple Jack long leaf chew that i enjoyed decades ago. I dont mix much with tobacco and now i a sitting here questioning why i havent. While i cant say that this is spot on, i havent had it in many years, it is quite good.

Of course i had to add a splash of VC V1 for both the mouth feel and the fact that i love custard. BSG (LB) was very good in single mix @ 5% with a two week cure.

Im going to cure this for a few weeks longer but i believe this will make it into my ADV rotation as is.

Please let me know if this totally sucks as i have almost ZERO experience with tobacco mixes.

1 Like

I wasn’t in on the LB deal, but the %'s look good to me! :grinning:

The one thing I can tell you is, the more you mix with tobaccos (if you have flavorful tobacco liquids), you’ll eventually start lowering the percentages of everything else but the tobacco, down to .25 to 2% in the mix and letting the tobacco “carry” the mix.

Have you done a stand alone mix with the LB tobacco? And what was is like? :thinking:

1 Like

I was thinking that i would lower the Fuji to .25% in the next mix. Apple was quite prevalent in the chaw, but was darker if that makes sense, i was trying to replicate but i really like the taste of Butterscotch Graham Tobacco by itself. It has to have custard tho, hehe.

This is the only one i have mixed with but the base Tobacco flavoring they sent smells very similar sans the graham. Tomorrow ill be sitting down and mixing with the others as i am very much digging this stuff.

I have mixed with a dozen or so of their flavorings and havent found one that i would say sucks and a few of them have bumped other companies flavorings.

Thanks for that tip, i will consider it in each new mix.

1 Like

Hi Kinnikinnick

“latakia, dark vapure and shade”

Now those are three flavours I have in my rather small inventory. Having experimented with various 10ml combinations I’m being careful about making up 30ml & 50ml juices.

Can you recommend a nice combination with the three you mention?

Many thanks
CG

I also have IW Perique Black, FA Virginia, Tuscan Reserve & oRYental 4

1 Like

Do you use the ELR mixing calculator? :thinking:

The reason I ask: It will aid in helping you find recipes for the flavors you have in your stash. Plus, if you make your stash “public”, people can see exactly with what flavors you have to mix. Being able to see your flavors cuts down on a lot of the guess work. There is a wealth of information at your fingertips when you use the ELR calculator. :grinning:

Yes I do use the calculator and it’s been excellent. The problem I find is that I can find recipes that use my flavours but there are always a few or many more I don’t have, so perhaps I do need to get more flavours!

Just made my stash public and I see that flavours can be ticked to bring up recipes.

Cheers
CG

1 Like