Tobacco Recipes

All those bottles are lined up like little soldiers going to war! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Youā€™re so organized! My collection looks like our cats have been rummaging around through themā€¦oh wait, they have! :smirk_cat:

1 Like

I still donā€™t see why you couldnā€™t put your store bought juice through the same procedure as a fresh mix? Couldnā€™t hurt and might help!

1 Like

I actually could now. I just got a 3/8" long stir bar. So I can spin up bottles now!

1 Like

Haha. I really have to get me another cat. I am allergic to them. But I think since my sinus surgery I could handle one again. Would be nice to have a 4-legged monster spreading fur on everything again. I used to have a Tonkinese. Such a sweety. And damn I miss her.

Back closer to topic:
I wish I could remember the brand of cigars my great uncle smoked. I used to go into his house and the leather sofa and his leather arm chair and everything in the house had that wonderful tobacco smell. Fancy ass cigars in a wooden box. This was back in the 80ā€™s. Yeah I know. Could be a million brands. But he had bunches of the boxes in his garage right next to the 65 Dart that had 75 miles on the ticker. I would kill for that vape. But I canā€™t remember the logo on the box at all. Maybe one day I can reproduce it. I can still smell it.

1 Like

Forget killing for the vapeā€¦ Iā€™d kill for that Dart!

1 Like

Try here:

Haha. I got to ride in it one time on a trip to the grocery store. He never got over 5mph on the 4 block round trip.

1 Like

For individuals that might like a clove tobacco vape, Iā€™ve been playing around with ECX 234 Dji Sam Soe and HS Black Label Dijarum; both of these clove based tobaccos are great and you will not have buyers remorse with these flavors IF you like a clove flavor.

Hereā€™s a recipe that will get you in the clove mood. My wife named this one:

1 Like

Mixed up some single flavor 10 ml test mixes this evening.

Hangsen Magic Mix @ 5%
FA Shade @ 3%
FA Tuscan Reserve Ultimate @ 3%
INW Gold Ducat @ 3%

and some FW Bavarian Cream @ 5%. Wanted to try adding that to some tobacco mixes occasionally, for something a little different.

1 Like

What a wonderful compliment, the FW Bavarian Cream brings to this simple tobacco mix.

Iā€™ve been vaping it for 2 days straight, which I NEVER do.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to try this with some INW Fortuna Strike; magic mix used to be called fortune strike a while back, from what I read. Iā€™m hoping the INW has the same flavor profile???

I did send that email to BCV about carrying more Hangsen flavors and getting better about keeping up with vendor pages on forums! They just moved, so life is still in flux for them. They are considering carrying FLV. Told Drew he might want to steer clear of MF for the moment til they sort out the short filling bottles thing. He said dannyv45 had already contacted him about the Hangsen stuff as well, seeing as how buyhangsen.com was getting ready to close down! Weā€™ll see!

1 Like

I canā€™t believe how good this mix tastes. Maybe itā€™s the newness of having a creamy / sweet compliment. Iā€™ve never tried anything along the lines of the Bavarian Cream. It sure goes well with the tobacco. I think I could have used 1% and still been a very happy camper.

Iā€™m set for a little while (yeah, how many times do we say that). Iā€™ll check in on the BCV site though, and see if I notice any change in the Hangsen availability. I probably would have been happy, waiting for BCV, which was my original plan, but when the 20% off email hit my email box, I said what the hell. That was a full $20 off the order, so I went for it.

I picked up 30 ml bottles of Desert Ship, TAB, Turkish, RY1, & Highway. It was basically adding to the stash of my favorite Hangsen flavors (Magic Mix to be added to that list in the future). I checked for any difference in color, from previous orders, that were a couple of months old, and didnā€™t notice anything different. I noticed the Lot numbers were the same as my previous order, so I assume they are at least a few months old, which is ok by me. That explains the no difference in color. Iā€™ve been very pleased with the previous Hangsen from RTS, so Iā€™m sure these will be satisfactory as well.

Iā€™m still going to watch BCV an see if their inventory improves.

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome! Yes, I am finding out that I really donā€™t want to cover up the flavor of the tobacco with other additive flavors more than say 1 to 2%. Just tested a new mix using INW Creme brulee at 2% and found it was way too much; too much sweet of the creme brulee covers up too much of the HS Arabic I had in the mix! :triumph: Iā€™ll back it down to .75% and go from there the next time.

I find that BCV prices are way better than RTS, thus I shop for Hangsen at BCV (sometimes ECX w/coupon code).

Stay away from the INW Dark Tobacco for now. I think they have mislabeled or there is flavor contamination with a batch of this flavor. Itā€™s not supposed to have a cane mint flavorā€¦the bottle I just purchased direct from Poland is minty in nature! I hate mint. Lots of folks on ECF say that mint is not what youā€™re supposed to be tasting with this tobacco. Iā€™ve got me email into the works to figure out whatā€™s up with that issue! :triumph:

1 Like

Ughā€¦Iā€™m with you on the mint. Iā€™ll steer clear of the INW Dark Tobacco. Hopefully they will have an answer and maybe some sort of credit on your next order (if there will be one).

100% agree on not covering up the tobacco flavors. The 1.5% of the Bavarian Cream is right on the verge of being just a bit too much. Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t go over that, and will cut it back to 1% or even .75% next time. It doesnā€™t take much of it, to know itā€™s there, which is all I really want, when it comes to ā€˜sweetā€™. Just enough to know itā€™s there.

Not being familiar with the FA & INW tobaccos, Iā€™m glad I started lighter than my usual 5%, like I do with Hangsen mixes. I kept those test mixes at 3%. Iā€™m trying the Shade right now, and to be honest, I think 2.5% would have worked. Itā€™s very good though. Iā€™m really enjoying it. I think itā€™ll end up on my keeper list. Iā€™ll try the Gold Ducat & Tuscan Reserve this weekend.

Iā€™m going to watch BCV more closely now. Do you get their re-bottled Hangsen, or do you spend the little extra for the Hangsen sealed stuff?

1 Like

Ha we at work received a gallon of MaxxBlend Fa that tasted or probably was chocolate mint flavor!! Those europeans and their holiday behavior!!

1 Like

Youā€™ll likeā€™em for sure! Knowing the tobaccos youā€™ve tried so far, these flavors will fit right into your style of vaping!

The hardest part of everyday vaping for me now isā€¦ WHAT MIX! do I carry and vape today! Theyā€™re all so good! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I know exactly what you mean! I have no doubt that having such a hard time deciding what to fill the tank with, every morning, is what turned me into a closet tank mixer!

Iā€™ll look over the selections of my single flavor mixes, and have such a hard time deciding what to take to work that day. So Iā€™ll decide lets do 50/50 of this and that. Or 75/25 of that and this. Then the day turns into an evaluation day. Iā€™ll make mental notes of how good it is, and if I should pursue trying to duplicate it, with accurate measurements, in a test mix. I might decide to try a third, complimentary flavor with it.

I know thatā€™s bit of a left field style, but I really think it keeps my enthusiasm for the experimentation, at a high level. I have such a blast doing it that way. Starting with good, single flavor mixes makes it so easy. If Hangsen A is a great single flavor mix, and Hangsen B is a great single flavor mix, Iā€™ll mix them together and play with the ratios. More often than not, I end up with a really good combo.

I guess I never was very good at following normal proceduresā€¦lol.

Btw, I just finished blending up 1000 ml (unfiltered) of NET. Four flavors 250 ml each are going in the crock pot. Iā€™ll update the Heated Ethanol NET thread, a little later.

1 Like

ā€¦does make me wonder! :thinking:

With this hobby, screw normal! :triumph: Thatā€™s boring and uneventful! :smiling_imp: Living on the edge with trial and error is where itā€™s at! :+1:

3 Likes

Took it out the steeping box for a peep and im pretty happy. Safe to say this one is gonna stay as is.

Storm Trooper

3% Blueberry (Molinberry)
2% Cream Fresh (FA)
1.5% Ethyl Vanillin 10% (TPA)
2% Joy (FA)
2.5% Storm (FA)

Flavor total: 11%

1 Like