Tobacco Recipes

It’s not my recipe, it’s rocketpuppy’s. The caramel, vienna, and RY4 are all kind of sweet flavors. With the caramel and vienna being FA flavors they are pretty potent. If you added something else sweet like Shisha vanilla (which I find sweet but I may be the only one), I’d drop the caramel or vienna down to 0.3 or so. Unless you like it super sweet. You can always add a little more caramel or vienna if you think it’s not got enough. Or make it like it says only subbing the vanilla and see if you think it’s too sweet. Shisha and madagascar are pretty close in terms of potency, so I’d leave the % where it is. Same with the Bourbon vanilla.

Understood… thanks

That’s why I was asking. Never mixing with bacco, I have no idea what it will vape like. After I shared that recipe I realized I am still thinking of a dessert vape, and just adding tobacco. I have never used any butterscotch flavors yet, except OOO’s. So I should probably drop that in half, and knock the marshmallow out of there. I will be mixing tonight after my son goes back home. Sniff sniff.

I find the RY4 Double to be a little on the sweet side, itself. Maybe knock a few of the sweet flavors back to half and give it a whirl. You can always bump it up a little, later. That’s whats so much fun about DIY. There’s no rules. You’re mixing it for yourself. I’m curious how it turns out for you, and hearing your take on it.

1 Like

Does anyone use DNB in their tobacco mixes?

1 Like

Good gracious, yes! :grinning:

With most of my mixes, as of late, I either use INW DNB or some type of tobacco absolute to boost the mix to a realistic and much more enjoyable tobacco vape. It doesn’t take much of the DNB; anywhere from .25% to 1.5%, depending upon the amount of ash quality you want in your mix.

Plug DNB into the search box and hit “GO”… You’ll find lots of threads that deal with and speak of the DNB and absolutes.

3 Likes

Thank you’
I have seen it mentioned elsewhere and I was wondering if it was a common add?
Still trying to work out the ashtray taste though?
To me an ashtray smell was rotten! Lol

1 Like

I’m just starting to add a little DNB to some of my mixes as well. I’ve heard mention of the ‘like licking a dirty ash tray’ but I don’t find that’s the case at all. At least not in light percentages. I think the terms ashy and ash tray have become entwined, and may turn some people off. I find it adds a hint (at very low amounts) of that ‘ashy’ dryness that is missing in most tobacco mixes. It makes it more cigarette like. I haven’t found anything ash ‘tray’ about it at all.

I tried .5% and I think I’m going to try .25% next time. I doesn’t take much at all, to do it’s thing.

2 Likes

I posted this a while ago… I love this this stuff. It elevated all of my Tobacco Mixes.

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/inawera-tobacco-dnb-heres-your-ashes/27682?u=pro_vapes

1 Like

Until I try this then I will struggle with the ashtray description? Lol
Interesting regarding the peat smoke in the malts.
That is one area where I will spend a lot of time on having worked in a Scotch Whisky distillery for years.
Would love to try and recreate a nice malt whisky blend!

2 Likes

This might not be as hard as you would think. I discovered a while back, thanks to @Amy2, that Hangsen makes a Beer flavor! It’s a very tasty flavor, especially when mixed with tobaccos; HS Arabic with the HS Beer is fantastic! …one of my nightcap vapes!

So with that being out there, mixed with a bit of your favorite whiskey flavor (mine is FA whiskey; haven’t tried the HS whiskey yet) you might be able to get pretty close to your malt whiskey vape! :grinning:

As far as he peat smokiness goes, you’ll have to try a couple of flavors such as the INW DNB or maybe some FA Black Fire or Perique; something with a smoky bite!

P.S. The CAP Irish Cream might be a nice additive in your mix as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips!
I quite enjoy the bourbon based e-juices that are out there but for me a good malt would surpass them? Lol
But then I suppose I’m being biased because of my nationality? Lol
Have you tried INW whisky?

1 Like

No, I’ve not had a chance to try that whiskey. I’ve had a bottle of FW whiskey for a while now and haven’t tried that one either! The FA whiskey has satisfied my craving for the whiskey so far.

I’ve been working on a Drambuie for a while now and it’s close, but haven’t gotten the herbal portion of the flavor down pat yet; very hard to mimic. This is as close as I’ve come so far:

2 Likes

That looks very nice!
So much so I’ve just poured myself a small glass whilst getting dinner ready!
Will be a great vape if you could pull that off?
Off the top of my head I would look at vanilla, lemon, lime, tangerine maybe?
There Is a distinct citrusy taste sits there.
Maybe swap the meringue for a toffee to sweeten and add that Caramelish taste?
Not too sure of the herbs available but what about clove? Anise to give it that warm note?
Obviously in very small amounts.
What is the taste note of the Angelica?
I have never seen that before?

1 Like

I wanted to free up some bottle space for upcoming test mixes. I had a dozen 15 ml glass bottles that each had a few ml of recent test mixes. I tossed them all into a 60 ml bottle.

The ‘recipe’:
Hangsen No 5, Tab Blended, Turkish, RY1, & Australian Chocolate
INW DNB, FW Hazelnut, Flavora Sweet Coconut,
and a few ml of my NET from pipe tobaccos.

All in various quantities & percentages.

The good: It’s awesome!

The bad: I’ll never be able to duplicate it.

3 Likes

Hehe…enjoy it while it lasts! :sunglasses:

Angelica’s taste is of an herbal nature, very reminiscent of the ingredients in vermouth, Chartreuse or gin. I purchased what I have from ecigExpress; they have discontinued the sale of the FE Angelica. My guess is that it wasn’t a big seller; most folks don’t care for somewhat pungent flavors. When my bottle is empty, I guess I’ll have to start the search for someone overseas which sells an Angelica flavor. :pensive:

Supposedly, Angelica was one of the ingredients the EU monks employed in the production of Drambuie. :thinking:

1 Like

Do you have flavorah’s Honey Bee? If you’re looking for herbal, that might work. I have no idea what kind of herbal you’re looking for, but that was the first thing I thought when I saw the recipe.

1 Like

Thanks @JoJo, yes I do have the FLV honey bee, however, it is way too floral for me. I’ve pretty much settled on the FA Honey for those type of needs.

I’m almost there with the Drambuie… A few of the new EXC tobaccos I’ve tried, particularly Yunyan, have that nice herbal quality for which I am searching. :+1:

1 Like

Agreed. It’s pretty potent stuff. It’s like they crushed the bee up with the honey. :stuck_out_tongue: I want to try it in some teas or with fruits and flowers before I give up on it. And yeah, FA Honey pretty much can’t be beat IMO also.

1 Like