Tobacco Recipes

Yay you! :grinning:

Say, was INW Magic mix called something else at one point?

The Magic Mix Iā€™m using is Hangsen. Maybe INW had / has one as well.

Edit: From what I found in a search, Hangsen used to call the Magic Mix, Fortune Strike.

1 Like

That was it! Hangsen, not Inawera! Thanks for the redirect on thatā€¦ Just got to get me some HS MM!

Iā€™ve got the INW Fortuna strike, but I doubt seriously itā€™s the same flavor! :thinking: Itā€™s been a while since I mixed with that oneā€¦I should revisit it.

1 Like

I find Magic Mix to be on the mild mannered side, similar to Hangsenā€™s No 5, Desert Ship, & Turkish. They are all a little different, but to my unrefined taste buds, they share similar tobacco roots, so to speak. Maybe they share the same base flavor. Theyā€™re all ā€˜not in your faceā€™ tobaccos. They, along with Highway or Tab Blended form the base for most of my mixes. I just add smaller amounts of other tobaccos, like Gold Ducat, Arabic, Deluxe, etc to my base, to ā€˜steer the personalityā€™ of the mix, in one direction or the other.

Iā€™m really enjoying another one of my tank mixing ā€˜findsā€™ that I converted to a real recipe.

Magic Mix - 2%
No 5 - 2%
Arabic - 1%
Ry4 Double - 1%

I havenā€™t figured out a name for it yet. Iā€™ve been picking names from a list of Dick Tracy villians, for my creations. lol

1 Like

@Kinnikinnick What are you thoughts on Pipe Tobacco (EF)? I quite like it as well as Vanilla Tobacco (EF). Cracking the bottle on PT (EF) is like cracking a fresh bag of real pipe tobacco. These were the only two that i received from them but i am in serious like with them, like almost ready to go steady kind of likeā€¦

Am i off base here?

1 Like

Nope! Youā€™re getting the tobacco worm, which is awesome. I found the EF PT much more enjoyable than the VT; perhaps because the PT had a bit more body. The more I gravitated to the straight tobacco side of things, the more I like ā€œin your faceā€ or bold bodied tobacco vapes.

I was thinking about playing around with the EF PT, FLV Black Cherry and INW Cavendish to see if I can polish a nice mellow pipe tobacco combo.

Iā€™ve been doing cigar flavors lately; might be a time for a break on those??? Iā€™m glad youā€™re liking the EF tobaccos; there are a handful out of the 13 which are keepers. :wink:

1 Like

P.S. My notes on a bunch of them are listed on the mix site; still need to complete a few Iā€™ve neglected to write tasting notes. :pensive:

1 Like

The tobaccos were my favorites, i wish i had gotten the whole line of them. The fruits were pretty decent but i have moved to all MF fruits, the coffees were pretty weak yet good and the Vanilla Custard, wellā€¦ VC V1 4L. hehe.

The Pipe Tobacco smells so fantastic and is a pretty smooth vape, smell like what my old neighbor used to smoke when i was a kid. Brings back the memories.

Ill get my notes up too pretty quick here, then i need to finish up the LB stuff.

EDIT: It would be great to be able to single out flavoring companies on the recipe site. It would make things much easier.

My first ever Tobacco recipe. And it is so good thanks to all the posts made by the people in this thread that helped me gather the info needed to put this together.

Bacco Butternut

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% 0.3
Butterscotch (Flavorah) 1.25
RY4 Double (TPA) 7.5
Toasted Marshmallow (TPA) 1
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) 2
Walnut (FA) 1
Whiskey (FA) 0.8

Flavor total: 13.85%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

Awesome! :sunglasses:

The TFA RY4 Double and RY4 Asian are my wifeā€™s favorite tobaccos. However, sheā€™d want me to knock all those percentages up to get to the 20 to 25% range! :scream: Sheā€™s a flavor houndā€¦or something is seriously wrong with her taste buds! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: jk

1 Like

This has only steeped 2-1/2 weeks. I sampled it and said hell with it and brought it to work with me. Will a longer steep change this much you think? I know I have read Tobacco recipes need a very long cure time. But this was too good to leave at home. I really wish I had made a lot more.

2 Likes

I donā€™t do the TFA RY4ā€™s, but my wife wonā€™t touch a new TFA RY4 mix for 30 days. She says she can really taste the difference after it has steeped for a month. Some tobaccos need it, others donā€™t.

This is exactly why I started loving the SC and Hangsen tobaccos; low, low steep time. If I have a TFA, INW, FA mix I like, I make a fairly large quantity and forget about it for 2 to 5 weeks. However, I churn through my ADVā€™s, therefore, I use tobaccos that have a low steep time so I can keep up with my demand. Plus, Iā€™m very impatientā€¦steep time does bum me out a bit! :triumph:

I concur. TPA RY4 Double is delicious, but it really does need a good, long time to reach perfection. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok, I am going to go home and make up a lot more of this stuff. I might bump the flavors up just a tad and try that. I brought my RDA to work with me and have gone through about 20ml of this juice already. I love the tobacco flavor in this. I really never thought I would but this is mind blowing. But it feels like starting all over to think about getting into making tobacco recipes. Ry4 Double is my only tobacco flavoring so far.

2 Likes

Yup. I ususally make up 100+ ml at a time for my wife every 3 weeks so as to have the next batch ready to go for her.

If you get in a bind, seed steeping can be your saving grace. :grinning:

Outstanding! I got a big grin, hearing how well it turned out!

Way to go!

1 Like

ā€¦been refining a few cigar vapes. This one has a lot of potential for the ADV category.

I got a big grin myself when I vaped it. I reluctantly put the bottle back in the closet to finish the steep. I have a very good idea how it tastes now so in a few weeks I should be able to remember that and be able to tell how different it is. I am making100ml of that recipe tonight. I really need to order more Tobacco flavors now. I am going to grab the ones Jim suggested to me earlier in this thread and get to mixing some singles of them. I donā€™t do single flavors. But that will probably benefit me a lot with learning tobaccos.

1 Like

Iā€™d be interested to know which ones your thinking about getting. :thinking:

Somewhere in this thread you suggested some flavors to me. Or maybe another thread. Itā€™s been awhile back.

1 Like