Too much juice

Go to around 18:30

@Volition The alloy tip came with my Plume Veil. An RDA that I shelfed a long time ago. I just hope you see what I mean with that pic.

some juice condensate more than others - some coils also do more than others - at the end, there will be condensation - itā€™s vaping after allā€¦ all of the above would help, but i found myself doing this often:

keep a towel or a paper tissue near by, and every now and then, stand your Tank + mod upside down on it. drip tip is now dipped in the towel - any extra condensation will flow out of the drip tipā€¦ you can then use q-tips or tissue to clean the restā€¦ and off you go.

this takes away that bitter fluid inside the tank from the few buffs - if i donā€™t do this every now and then, the flavor suffersā€¦ hope this trick helps

How are you wicking the OBS? I do not put the wick through the holes, I just let the wick rest ā€œonā€ the holes and I get great results.

1 Like

Exactly what I do too

1 Like

Yea, I didnā€™t scroll up far enough to see that you already suggested that technique. Works great with the OBS Engine doesnā€™t it? I love the OBS Engine, one of my top 5 tanksā€¦

I donā€™t have many tanks so itā€™s probably my favorite. What do you think tops it for flavour?. I have a budget for just one tank and Iā€™ve been holding out for ages.

1 Like

The Sherman RTA,

My undisputed number 1 RTA by far.

2 Likes

@Volition, hereā€™s another thoughtā€¦ try smaller coils in there, and see if that does the trick.

if your coils are too large for the chamber to handle the heat capacity and the vape they produce, you can end up with that issue (or you can get too hot of a vape and less flavor no matter how you adjust temp/wattage)

The Dotmod Petri kills everything for flavour? Itā€™s designed for flavour nothing else. You pay for it though. Itā€™s post less allowing a short chamber, the gold plating whilst looking incredible is for flavour. Gold is the most inert metal. This means clean flavour. Itā€™s small = flavour, though you have only 2ml. Thatā€™s a compromise. The quality is amazing too. The cost is well worth it.

Ok thanks everyone for the advice.

Iā€™ve received 2 opposing pieces of advice. Wick long & wick resting. As I have 2 I will do one of each and see. Itā€™s funny Iā€™d say currently my wicking was in between. Once the tanks were half full it was fine. But I want to: 1 fix it for as much as the tank as possible. 2. know exactly what is the cause so I can apply it on any tank. So the testing commences and Iā€™ll report back. Iā€™ll also test a few different wicks too over time and see how that plays into it too.

So thanks for all your feedback Iā€™ll test all the methods suggested.

You could always do a small purge blow before you inhale - it should blow off a bit of juice first

NOOOOOO!

Donā€™t do that. Especially if you have already pressed the fun button before you blow.

Remember the airflow holes are right on your lips. Trust me you donā€™t want to do this. I have scars to prove it.

2 Likes

Lol oops top airflow my bad disregard

Lol. All good. I just didnā€™t want anyone to have hot as lava ejuice running down their chin. I put ice on mine for 2 hours after making that mistake. Pretty sure I was a little posed at the tank at the time and just blew into it hard with the mod set at 75 watts.

Yep, I did it yesterday when having an issue. Luckily I didnā€™t burn myself but got juice everywhere. This was when Iā€™d wicked way too loose. You got a scar! Wow.

1 Like

I havenā€™t shaved my goatee but it blistered up just below my bottom lip so Iā€™m sure there is a mark there. It hurt like holy hell.

I wicked both tanks yesterday morning and have used them since filling numerous times. I set one up with the wicks going through the hole and poking out probably about a mm or 2, the other I folded under the coils so the sides of the wick sat on the holes. Both methods were recommended here.

They both work well, I found the folding under a little more fiddly but with practice will be easy. I also found that method to provide slightly more juice and flavour. But there are so many variables so it could just be the amount of wick too. The poking through method was very easy to do and works well.

What not to do is rest the end of the wick gently on the holes like on my Ammits. These holes are so big you will get too much juice wicking.

So a big thank you to all For your help. And for any newbs reading this yep if you are getting juice condensing in your mouth when vaping you need to slow down the wicking. These engines are fanā€™bloodyā€™tastic.

1 Like

I did post this in another thread too, but itā€™s so good i thought it deserved to be seen by as many people as possible. So here it is:
Just got my Sherman, itā€™s hands down the best RTA I ever used!
I thought the Ammit was the best for flavor that Iā€™ve used until I received the Sherman.
Super easy to build and wick, I saw a few reviews saying itā€™s prone to leaking, but I havenā€™t had a single leak.
I filled it and as soon as the top cap started screwing down, I turned it upside down, finished screwing the top cap in, opened the airflow and screwed it into my mod.
Flavor is even better than the Ammit, Iā€™m using the same 3x26/36 PT N80 Aliens @0.11 ohm 120watts, wicks like a dream, also even better than the Ammit, not even a resemblance of a dry hit even when chain vaping @120 watts.
The cone shaped drip tip is the most comfortable drip tip I ever used.
Not cheap, but worth every penny IMO.

1 Like

There is an exact clone on ebay that is getting a lot of attention. Itā€™s 32.95 with free shipping. I donā€™t have one but Iā€™ve been informed that you cannot tell the difference.

some reasons could be:

1. youā€™re working on low watts for your wireā€¦ it canā€™t vaporize the liquid so you get drops on your mouth
  2. wrongly placed wick or not enough wickā€¦ in obs the wick comes in the coil by the bottomā€¦ if it floods you will get drops in your mouth

i canā€™t think of something else in generalā€¦ Obs engine is a very nice tank in overallā€¦
no leaks, nice taste, can produce, has a descent room to place your buildsā€¦ the only reason i havenā€™t bought it yet is that i like bottom airflow more than the topā€¦ though i have build it up like 5-6 times for other peopleā€¦

the way i build itā€¦ i am just placing my wick over the juice holesā€¦ not insideā€¦ it works greatā€¦
hope my answer helped yaā€¦ gl and hf :slight_smile: