Traveling Flavor Stash

Continuing the discussion from Who wants flavors?!:

@VapeyMama’s post about flavors she doesn’t want got me thinking. Warning: Crazy idea incoming…

Ya know what might be interesting is to get a “traveling stash” type thing going. You send the whole box of flavors to someone, they take what they would use or want to try, put in any flavors from their own stash that they don’t use or want to let others try, and send it on to the next person. It’d eventually get back around to the person who started it, who could put in and take out if they wanted and start it around the circle again.

Someone could collect everyone who is interested’s names and addresses together and randomly dole them out so that each person only has one other person’s name and address and they send the box along to that person. We could make some sort of rule about how much each person could take, a ratio or value system, or just trust that people will be fair. Maybe have them post the contents of the box when they receive it or when they send it in a ‘traveling flavor stash’ thread.

If someone new wants to join, the person who is ‘last’ in the circle would get the new person’s info and the new person would get the originator’s info. If someone wants to drop out, the person that sends to them would get the info for the person the ‘drop out’ sends to.

Since people are constantly getting new flavors, the box would likely continually have new stuff in it. If something you put in the box makes it all the way back to you (or back to you twice?) and nobody wants it, it gets removed.

People could put other vape related stuff in as well, maybe. Tanks or drippers that are clean and in good shape, new coils they won’t use, glass bottles, stickers, etc. If someone puts in something that’s bad or gross they get kicked from the circle or we could have a strike system. Two or three strikes and you’re out.

It’d be cool to have a non-destructible box to put everything into, and that box gets put into a regular shipping box, just in case anything happens to the shipping box. People could write little messages on the “treasure” box or put a state sticker or something if they wanted.

11 Likes

That sounds like a fun idea!!

3 Likes

Wow! That sounds amazing. I like the idea a lot.

2 Likes

heck yeah!

1 Like

Love that idea…might have to do one over here too 🖒
Otherwise the shipping would kill it I think

4 Likes

Sounds like a great idea! I think eventually we would end up with a box full of FA Clove though :laughing:

4 Likes

Yeah, @Pugs1970 I thought if enough of y’all across the pond were interested you could start one up.

@Saxon2 I thought about that…A box full of cotton candy and clove and TPA honey. That’s why I was thinking something like a value system or point system. Like if there’s already one (or more) of a flavor, you can’t put that in. I dunno. There’d have to be some agreement on what is and isn’t acceptable. LoL.

5 Likes

Or in the end you only have shitty TFA flavors in that box or flavors from some dubious brand :wink:

6 Likes

Why not have a classified ad space on the forum? You know like back in the 90’s.

1 Like

You could break that down to flavors, mods, and devices. One for US and one for the blokes across the way. They may be too rowdy with all their futball shenanigans and hooliganism to even care.

6 Likes

It’s sorta already started.
@Machinist2 Sent me a few Flavors.
@MysticRose Sent me a Bunch of full, nearly full.
I split what she sent me and sent on half of hers and some of what I’d gotten before as well as a couple I had duplicates of to @chux72vette
I think it’s a great plan. I’ve held off some of my sample packs thinking WTH will I do with the flavors I DON"T want out of them.
As small scale as I mix the several 30ml bottles of flavors I’ve gotten I really only need 10ml out of can be split and I can send the 2/3rd bottle further on as there is no way I’ll use it up in the next 2 years before it expires.
Time to get more 10ml empties as I seem to fill them with flavors as fast as I get them.
For the USA folks one of the USPS (if it fits it ships) flat rate boxes might be a good option. They offer 3 graduated sizes if I remember.

Edit:: I think we’re all after the same thing. A few ml of every flavor there is to test. If I really like it I’ll re-order like the twenty I have on my must have list so far.
About 5ml of a flavor is plenty for my testing needs. More then enough for the base line test and several small runs even as the center flavor.

5 Likes

I have suggested something like this a bunch of times I’m all for it but only if you put @Skullblade789 right after me, then I can put the pineapple that I forgot and he keeps riding my ass about. :smile:

4 Likes

You weren’t here in the 90’s but then neither was I :blush:

3 Likes

I think classifieds take to much moderation to be honest. Just my opinion.

2 Likes