U.S. Mid-Atlantic States Blizard 2016

The snow has begun here in West Virginia and I am close to the bull’s-eye of this storm. Locally calling for 12+ inches today and another 12+ on Saturday. We have prepared as best we can and I will post pic’s as the storm progresses. Hope that all of you that are in the path of this one stay safe.

9 Likes

I think we’re only supposed to get an inch here in North Alabama. :wink: Schools all shut down at lunch time. LoL.

6 Likes

Local radio station is calling for 24 to 36 inches here and our schools closed before they started today. It should get interesting I know what I am doing for the next few days Plowing Snow

4 Likes

Glad I’m in Texas. Sun’s out bright and shiny BUT quite windy and cold. You guys need to keep that cold stuff to yourselves. I prefer you sharing recipes…lol

7 Likes

South Coastal NC here and all we will get is rain, fine with me. Inland is getting an ice storm. Originally from Long Island, I do miss a good blizzard though. Unfortunately I work at a hospital and if we did get severe enough weather I would be on lockdown there for the duration and aftermath of a storm like this, so rain baby rain :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Originally I’m from New Jersey. Will admit it, I sometimes miss seeing snow. At least until the day after it snows. That’s rare in my part of Texas…lol

4 Likes

It’s been snowing here since 5:30 am. My 15 minute drive from work took an hour but I made it home.

and still snowing…

8 Likes

Geeze guy!! Stay safe and warm! Ours is coming down still but not sticking. :frowning: Crazy that only a little farther south and we get nothing…LoL

6 Likes

3 hours in and still just the beginning along with a little wildlife treat for your viewing pleasure

13 Likes

Send a bit our way, nearly all of our snow is melted and it makes me sad. Been a lite winter here in the Midwest Great Lakes region.

Stay safe!

4 Likes

At about 11pm The deer are back feeding but on a normal weather night there would be 10 to 12 of them

Now at almost midnight and very close to 12 inches and coming down hard

8 Likes

Anyone in the path of this thing, please stay safe and be prepared for anything. Also, charge them 18650’s in case you lose power!
Really, be safe. Seeya on the other side, ya?

8 Likes

Snowmagedden 2 is here in Baltimore as well. Looks like close to 6 inches right now but its coming down pretty hard right now and supposed to keep going for about another 24 hours I believe. Stay safe WVSANTA. You guys have the bullseye on your back. You getting any Thunder Snow and wind yet??

Snow blower is gassed up and ready go. Gonna be a busy weekend shoveling and blowing snow. Have to go hit the front porch before i go to bed tonight or I wont be able to get the door open in the morning.

Got some new mixing toys and some new flavorings delivered today so not going anywhere wont be to bad. figured my deliveries would be held up do to the weather and real glad they got here today.

Thanks LM for the battery charge thought. I usually put them on before going to bed. Got the candles and flashlights ready but didnt think about the bats.

3 Likes

Ya’ll keep warm and safe over there!!
I’m with @ringling though… PLEASE keep that white, cold stuff on your side of the country!

4 Likes

Stay warm friends!

4 Likes

Saw this at 8am Friday morning… Called work…Yea day off

5 Likes

No thunder yet but the wind has picked up considerably in the past hour.

Our little orphan ( This ones mamma vanished during hunting season) baby deer friend back again to the food pile but the snow is getting deep

6 Likes

I’m sure Rudolph will be happy to see it

4 Likes

Stay safe my friends. I’m following the storm on CNN.

4 Likes

The snow finally stopped. Ended up at about nine and a half inches.

6 Likes