Unauthorized use of VGOD trademark :P

Sounds a lot like all they can try now is bully people into giving in… must be very frustrating for them :rofl:

2 Likes

Heh they are deleting comments. Must be a full time job for somebody.

2 Likes

vg-lol

16 Likes

You can’t rate them any more either

2 Likes

yep, unavailable

1 Like

I’m going to borrow that , if ya don’t mind

Was looking for a new pic to post

3 Likes

3 Likes

Still no reaction other than removing rating? How about they get ahead of this BS and just contact Lars in a proper and personal manner without threats of legal actions? It would be fairly simple to put and end to it and probably even get it their way if they just asked politely to have those recipes renamed.

Removing the facebook review page is just a silly move, at least they had a place where most of the dissatisfaction reaction was kept, and removing that option is just asking people to become creative and find other places to do so.

Man up VGOD!

9 Likes

at this point if the clones were mine i would only put a hyphen between the v and god and spell cubano or whatever backwards or in spanish or another language thats just me , i also get what your saying i was telling my GF all vgod has to do is hop on the forum and explain themselves then apologize and all would be well again

8 Likes

Oh they could fix it…sort of. If I were them and I didn’t want all that negative publicity (you’re right…at least it was contained on their “ratings” page) I would…

Create an ELR account
Reply here with a retraction and apology
Make a statement on FB retracting the C&D
Re-open the FB reviews

I know this community well enough to say that, while clearly some will never forgive or forget, most would accept an apology and would go back and re-rate them more positively. Otherwise, if they remain steadfast with their current actions, it will probably cost them considerably. I doubt seriously that the folks who don’t give a wit about any of this will be enough to sustain their business.

12 Likes

No no!!

Point out that Lars can’t prove that infringement has occurred without VDevil providing him with the exact recipe/formulation data for each and every recipe that they produce, so he can make a public statement, which includes publishing said recipes, and insisting that NO ONE make these recipes as they are the property of VDevil, and aren’t to use VDevil in the name if the percentages and ingredients match exactly!

Users should also probably make sure that VDevil have not copied anyone else’s recipe, and then applied their own branding as well. Just in case, you know… The VDevil made them do it. :wink:

6 Likes

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! That is so comical and deserving…

3 Likes

Does Vgod even know that they shot themselves in the foot with this? Myself, I think their products are crap and is all hype with those on the band wagon. This will surely see a huge drop in sales if they keep this sort of thing up.But most likely, they already have. When a company does this sort of thing to make an avenue for money you know they must not be doing well as well as not bowing out of the market with honor. There is just way too much other products way better out there.

What kind of company goes after a non-profit group of a hand that feeds anyway?

8 Likes

i dont think vgod will do anything now. they’ll just wait this one out, pretend this never happened, and by a week or two, or a month or two, this will be forgotten, not by elr members, but all other vapers. they think they’re too big of a brand to listen, and i’m worried they might be right…

1 Like

It wasn’t just ELR members it was dozens of FB groups, Reddit users and many vape advocates all over the net. Vapers stick together against this kind of draconian threat even if they’re not from the same site or even the same niche of the vaping world.

7 Likes

i really hope you’re right. and i hope this will gain momentum in case something like this happen again.

1 Like

ive gotta say it would have been nice to see some of the bigger you tube personalities get involved , but thats just my opinion and disappointment

4 Likes

Opposed Oct 18 2016.

The company opposing sells stuff branded as VPARK. Which I have to say would be hard pressed to be confused with VGOD… and just putting a V (for, I assume, Vape) in front is unlikely to be able to be granted a specific trademark to prevent it being put in front of any word, as “V” is not uniquely identifiable (you can’t get a trademark for “V”[every possible word combination] as far as I know).

{edited to add} I’ve just seen the reason for rejection that was posted… yeah, that VGO graphic could be confused with VGOD.

(As an aside the “query started date” is the date the person viewing the page views it.)

2 Likes

I wonder if that company (the one claiming to work for them) is a drive by firm… claims to have authority when it doesn’t either to scam or to get work after the fact… “hey company X, look we got offers of Y cash… employ us for a % and we can get mo-more spends”.

Another possibility is that vgod is doing this to prove it actively protects its TM’s, but the Vshen company doesn’t, as a way of appealing the rejection. I vaguely recall that TM’s must be “actively” protected, otherwise they can become invalid. If another company can say “hey, we’ve been using this name for 30 years and no one ever pulled us up on it” then the TM can be invalidated (both prior art, and non-enforcement).

3 Likes

See the official VGOD response: