Unauthorized use of VGOD trademark :P

I had missed the opposed status, is it new?

We would need a competent IP lawyer to disambiguate whether this means that the trademark is not recognised by EU or whether this means that an opposition has been filed.
Would be fun if a lurking lawyer had a potshot at VGOD.

If it means that the trademark is only valid in UK, it would be particularly amusing to send a legal request in a place where your brand is not protected.

UK00003172281 seems to be registered though
https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00003172281

2 Likes

Not a lawyer, I am an engineer but Iā€™ll have a bit of contract law on the side whenever useful in everyday life. I tend to get my deposit back in rentals for example :slight_smile:

I work in an intellectual property generating business and have received trademark/patent/copyright/export law training as a result (and I quite like it). On the minus side, when it gets complicated I have the chance to have a bunch of amazingly skilled people to take over.
A good patent lawyer is a scary thing to see at work.

4 Likes

I followed your links as well
very rare situation for meā€¦
still researching, want to know whats fact

https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#basic/1+1+1+1/100+100+100+100/vgod
opposed:
The application has been published and opposition to the registration of the mark has been filed.
https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/glossary-of-terms

4 Likes

When is the question

For those with an interest in IP law, I also found this in the euipo, a free course in basic IP law in only 144 slides (have not checked them but the table of contents looks reasonable)
https://euipo.europa.eu/knowledge/course/view.php?id=1738

1 Like

Too late, Iā€™ve already copied it, and added awfulness to mah stash.

6 Likes

About that registrationā€¦

This can probably go on for quite a while until this is settledā€¦
maybe thatā€™s what pissed vgod off so now theyā€™re trying to wipe out any other reference to vgod across the globe?

3 Likes

IMHO they have no trademark in EU for eliquid,
situation in US may be different.

DECISION: _

1. Opposition No B 2 789 041 is upheld for all the contested goods, namely Class 34: E-liquids, Electronic Cigarettes, liquids used for Vapor products. _
  2. European Union trade mark application No 15 570 864 is rejected for all the contested goods. It may proceed for the remaining goods._

Link

2 Likes

Sounds a lot like all they can try now is bully people into giving inā€¦ must be very frustrating for them :rofl:

2 Likes

Heh they are deleting comments. Must be a full time job for somebody.

2 Likes

vg-lol

16 Likes

You canā€™t rate them any more either

2 Likes

yep, unavailable

1 Like

Iā€™m going to borrow that , if ya donā€™t mind

Was looking for a new pic to post

3 Likes

3 Likes

Still no reaction other than removing rating? How about they get ahead of this BS and just contact Lars in a proper and personal manner without threats of legal actions? It would be fairly simple to put and end to it and probably even get it their way if they just asked politely to have those recipes renamed.

Removing the facebook review page is just a silly move, at least they had a place where most of the dissatisfaction reaction was kept, and removing that option is just asking people to become creative and find other places to do so.

Man up VGOD!

9 Likes

at this point if the clones were mine i would only put a hyphen between the v and god and spell cubano or whatever backwards or in spanish or another language thats just me , i also get what your saying i was telling my GF all vgod has to do is hop on the forum and explain themselves then apologize and all would be well again

8 Likes

Oh they could fix itā€¦sort of. If I were them and I didnā€™t want all that negative publicity (youā€™re rightā€¦at least it was contained on their ā€œratingsā€ page) I wouldā€¦

Create an ELR account
Reply here with a retraction and apology
Make a statement on FB retracting the C&D
Re-open the FB reviews

I know this community well enough to say that, while clearly some will never forgive or forget, most would accept an apology and would go back and re-rate them more positively. Otherwise, if they remain steadfast with their current actions, it will probably cost them considerably. I doubt seriously that the folks who donā€™t give a wit about any of this will be enough to sustain their business.

12 Likes

No no!!

Point out that Lars canā€™t prove that infringement has occurred without VDevil providing him with the exact recipe/formulation data for each and every recipe that they produce, so he can make a public statement, which includes publishing said recipes, and insisting that NO ONE make these recipes as they are the property of VDevil, and arenā€™t to use VDevil in the name if the percentages and ingredients match exactly!

Users should also probably make sure that VDevil have not copied anyone elseā€™s recipe, and then applied their own branding as well. Just in case, you knowā€¦ The VDevil made them do it. :wink:

6 Likes

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! That is so comical and deservingā€¦

3 Likes

Does Vgod even know that they shot themselves in the foot with this? Myself, I think their products are crap and is all hype with those on the band wagon. This will surely see a huge drop in sales if they keep this sort of thing up.But most likely, they already have. When a company does this sort of thing to make an avenue for money you know they must not be doing well as well as not bowing out of the market with honor. There is just way too much other products way better out there.

What kind of company goes after a non-profit group of a hand that feeds anyway?

8 Likes