Unauthorized use of VGOD trademark :P

Muahaha self learning algorithm…

Learn THIS, sucker.

5 Likes

Dear Sirs,

I refer you to the seminal case of Arkell v. Pressdram.

(Always good for a chuckle.)

3 Likes

When they started sending letters, I’m sure they were proud of themselves. Then comes the reality…

5 Likes

© 2010-2017 e-liquid-recipes.com * Scraping is prohibited.

Sue them… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

LoLz …gif comes complete with dumbells in the background! :rofl:

6 Likes

After reading the reviews and comments on their fb page, I am a bit concerned that this could hurt the reputation of the diy community a bit, too. Vgod definitely deserve the scorn, but the overly bitter and vulgar reviews and comments coming in are making us look like a bunch of butt-hurt jackasses. It looks like it’s mostly from the reddit crowd, as this kind of tone doesn’t feel like ELR on the whole. I hope this all blows over soon. As much as the vaping community comes under attack from the outside, it’s a damn shame to see the inside getting ugly.

9 Likes

Maybe when they back off. I am sure more than just ELR got such a letter.

I don’t like to see infighting in the vaping community, We get enough bad press from outsiders as it is.

5 Likes

As it is now we have to wait and see how VGOD will react. I hope that they will react in a professional manner and contact Daath in a proper and personal way next time. If that should be the case, then i will be more than willing to go and change my review and also encourage others to do so. But for now we can only wait for their morning crisis meeting to finish in their California HQ and see what they might respond with.

IMO their nasty approach (even though it is through 3rd party) is deserving a reaction, because they only come across as a corporate bully with that C&D letter.

8 Likes

Is this for real?
I am actually lost for words regarding this?
Wouldn’t be surprised if this totally damages this companies name and products which is a shame but then they will reap what they sow!
Stand firm @daath which I am sure you will!

7 Likes

Who wins? No one. Their reputation is damaged, likely permanently. And if this gets to the point of shutting down websites, the entire community loses. Which will further harm their image as well. Not a smart move!!

8 Likes

Totally agree.
Honestly don’t think they thought this one through properly and have handled it all wrong.

4 Likes

I agree. Some seem a bit too angry about it… Instead of “reviewing” their stuff with 1 star, they should just state why they rated 1 star…

12 Likes

The only ‘victory’ to be had would be enforcing their legal rights, if they exist. But that would surely ring hollow when they shutter the doors.

5 Likes

It’s relevant to point out too, not one of the people posting a request for a VGOD clone, actually walked out of here with a clone. All any one does is suggest ways the person might learn to make it themselves.

3 Likes

Isn’t the point of the C&D about actually falsely representing one’s self as selling unauthorized VGOD merch? If so, then they’re even further off base; I don’t recall one person claiming to sell VGOD product (except seemingly authorized vendors). Only cloned attempts at recipes. This is a bonehead move of the highest caliber.

4 Likes

Can see either a retraction or a statement from them at some point soon as it will undoubtably gather momentum and seriously damage their company but then maybe they don’t see it that way and their short sighted arrogance will cloud any rational thought. Other companies will be watching closely to see how this pans out I am sure but I have always believed that the vast majority of juice out there is either directly taken from the DIY community or heavily influenced by Our community.
Obviously they will never admit to that but as I said I would be very surprised if that was not the case.

6 Likes

Get 'em while they are hot! or exist :rofl:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10031964/9615272-vgod-elite-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping

1 Like

All but impossible to prove, but I agree with that fully. And I hope this does not eventually devolve into some sort of trademarking on every singe ingredient and every single percentage of every single recipe, DIY or not. Say I ‘adapt’ a recipe but modify it by a %, or swap a vendor brand to suit my preference, then find out that someone has already trademarked that very mix I just made. I get sued for making my own juice? Nuts. Yes that is far-fetched, but who knows what people will do.

5 Likes

If that ever happens can you imagine the aftermath? LOL
Bet the owner/s are sitting right now with their head in their hands thinking ‘what the hell have I done?’ And if not they bloody well should be.

4 Likes

Welp, looks like I won’t be buying any VCRAP stuff.

“You mess with the bull, you get the horns”

2 Likes