Unauthorized use of VGOD trademark :P

I actually wonder if someone has got close or bang on with a clone of one of their juices. And they’ve panicked?

2 Likes

I think it’s more likely they bought into a third party’s sales pitch about copyright infringement and just ate it blindly. Whoopsie…

6 Likes

They are not going for copyright but for trademark violation, quite different.
My feeling is that they are standing on nothing. If they had asked for the removal/edition of a couple of points of worry, it could have been reasonable, but here the hardest bit would be to find out what to cease :).

With copyright on a recipe in Europe, they would stand exactly 0 chance.

3 Likes

No reaction on the matter, but they just posted this on their facebook page :smiley:

3 Likes

Legally true, but the reaction from the community is the same! Man they stepped in it.

2 Likes

Lots of companies schedule posts like these in advance. Keeps them from needing someone on the job every day. It’s probably running on auto-pilot. They posted their Munich advert after all of this started too. They should all be in a conference room deciding on their response right about now. If they have a conference room! :grinning:

2 Likes

Their ratings page has been closed. Last time I checked there were over 200 1-star votes. Serves them right. I hope VGOD and Yellow have received the message. Seems it was sent via email, text, web, carrier pigeon and smoke signals.

11 Likes

And judging by the rapid and large response, it’s likely a sure bet ELR was not alone in that email notification yesterday,

4 Likes

The complete lack of any response from them is what I don’t understand , if they made a mistake we will forgive . However the longer they wait the more it seems they truly want action against the DIY market…

9 Likes

That, or the response was so sudden and overwhelming they haven’t had time to comprehend it yet!

2 Likes

If they’re going to play the ignore game, they’ll only do much more damage and it shows they don’t care what their customers say, think or feel… only ching-ching in the pocket.
We’ll see how long that will continue with their attitude.

8 Likes

I just got off of work and thought I would pop on and see how it’s going for these unfortunate “business” peeps… WOW, they are being T-R-A-S-H-E-D on their FB page big time!!! Why they didn’t try and get ahead of it with an apology, is beyond me. Removing their ratings, only opened up a bigger voice on all their posts and pics… ouch.

I’m thinking they may remove their FB page, if this continues :rofl:

11 Likes

I’m not saying it’s linked but…

https://officialvgod.com/careers/positions/view/id/2/

10 Likes

I think it’s about time my 11 year old got a job… I think she’d do better than they’ve done! :rofl:

6 Likes

I promise to delete it soon, but I just had to. It was calling to me.

14 Likes

I was going to predict this happens before the day closes, but thought nah, let’s just see. It’s been interesting today to say the least.

4 Likes

Some legal stuff re VG*D

_Entry in result list 1/1, Information on a European Union trade mark application _
Trade mark No.: 015570864

Application opposed
Query started: February 28, 2018

https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/registerhabm?lang=en&AKZ=015570864

4 Likes

They seem to be quite determined to ignore everything.
‘If we don’t respond…they’ll go away’

And to be fair…it’s probably the wisest thing for them to do from a business perspective and will more than likely be successful.
The way they price their products screams of arrogance and their branding is egotistical…nothing will happen…it wouldn’t surprise me if they sent another email out starting with "Sooo…we messaged you?..what are you going to do about it then?..’

1 Like

I’m hoping that they’ll do the right thing and send an apology letter along with a significant donation to keep ELR advertising for them for free. The fallout from this has had a significant negative impact on their business in just one day.

2 Likes

so application opposed means ? and can a person just put a hyphen between v-god and all wld be well ? a simple hyphen may be a quick easy fix and then people wld still know and V- GOD cld go straight to hell @SuperFrog you seem to be well versed in this legal stuff

2 Likes