Vanilla Bean Queasy

So… I’ve had an issue since the day i began vaping about 5 years ago i think. I seem to have some sort of sensitivity to one of the additives in (TPA) Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Any time i vape it, (including when i tried marylin for the first time about 4 years ago i think, it must use this flavor lol) or even just put a drop on my finger and taste it, i start to get a bit queasy, which is very offputting since it’s extremely delicious and it seems to be the basic staple for any ice cream vape as far as i can see. I’ve seen a few other flavors advised as a creamy vanilla, like (TPA) vanilla swirl, but i’m not completely convinced it will be as great of a vanilla ice cream flavor… So my plea to all of you experienced DIYers is this *1: Does anyone know what chemicals are in (TPA) Vanilla Bean Ice Cream that are fairly unique to the flavor that might be causing my issue, *2: Has anyone ever heard of someone having this sort of a sensitivity to a flavoring additive before, and *3: What are going to be my best options as substitutes. I mentioned vanilla swirl, but even a few flavors together to make that vanilla ice cream experience would be ok. Sorry for the rambling post, and please help… I love creamy vapes and I hate that the best vanilla ice cream seems to not be an option for myself… :frowning:

1 Like

I do know Vanilla is a Aidehyde.
Here is the MSDS sheet from TPA/TFA for V.B.I.C.
http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheet.aspx?sku_search=346849

I personally have not but I would imagine it is within the realm of possibility to have an allergic reaction to just about anything. It may also be a psychosomatic condition you are experiencing. I know the thought of the smell Diesel Fuel makes my stomach wrench.

I would recommend either Tahitian Vanilla Cream (WF) or Holy Vanilla (DIYFS)

Liquid Barn’s Vanilla Ice Cream beats TPA VBIC hands down for me. I’ve heard people like Cap’s VBIC as well. Might try one of those and see if they make you sick.

I have had some flavors make me nauseated but I can’t remember exactly which ones they were now.

2 Likes

There are a few fruit flavors that make me queasy too. I have no explanation for it, but I’d love to find one!
Sorry, I’m of no help…lol But you’re not alone!

1 Like

I think the combo of fa’s vienna cream and cream fresh makes a nice clean replacement. At a 2 to 1 ratio, ie if you use 20 drops of vienna then use 10 of fresh. There’s a lot of good vanillas out there. MF vanilla is good. Also, as you said, caps vbic is very good.

1 Like

Oh… I can! :scream:

TFA Raisin
FLV Clove
TFA Turkish

…just to name three. :smirk:

2 Likes

Here are the Ingredients:

Propylene Glycol
Ethyl Vanillin
Vanillin
Butyrate
Acetyl Propionyl
Isoamyl Isovalerate
Ethyl Maltol
Cyclotene
Dodecalactone
Anisyl Alcohol
Water

2 Likes

TFA’s VBIC is loaded with Diketones and this may be the issue, unsure. Whilst I like the flavor I generally make a clone of it using Fizzmustards suggestion -

Cream Fresh (FA) 1% French Vanilla (TPA) 2% Vanilla Bean Gelato (TPA) 4% This mimicks vbic without diketone’s

1 Like