Vape Mail 2016!

LOL … I found one

1 Like

It only does 20 watts!

http://x1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/4748461+_cb2ae65376acbf5770e38a011946ed4e.gif

3 Likes

But … you’re wrong. My cheap Evic mini has been dropped, bounced, kicked, soaked, generally neglected at times and it’s still my go to. Give me that over a pro-vari any day! But I do kinda get the appeal, the nostalgia … or some shit

1 Like

I don’t see near the track record [in terms of units sold versus the units still being used without issue] as the Provari.
In my engineering mind, the Vamo moved fast in technology while the Provari seem to stand still, which irritated some.
There is definitely a price point difference.

Will do Daddy! Thank you! I have been enjoying them. I got them the other day I just forgot to take a pic and post them. I also actually ordered a noisy cricket and they sent me the upgrade kit. So I still don’t have a cricket, but hey I got the upgrade kit for a cheaper price!

2 Likes

The vamo was a cheap lump of ‘did-the-job’ really. It was fugly, but I loved them :smiley: I had 5 of them at one stage. Funnily enough, those 5 cost less than ONE provari back then :confused:

1 Like

That makes on of us. Over on ECF before I quit visiting there was a thread devoted to the Provari snobs. It was well over 1,000 posts long if I remember correctly. So many insults about you’re only saying that because you don’t own one and crap like that.

I agree with you. I’d rather buy 3 eVic Minis that I’d use than to be given 1 Provari that would sit in a drawer.

1 Like

I remember the whole “BUT it’s US made!!!” BS, when people compared the Vamo or the Zmax or any other alternative. Blinded by the bling, bling. That goes on today too with the whole stab-wood shite

2 Likes

at a 1ohm coil 36 watts

Well I’m guilty myself. The aesthetics of a mod aren’t near as important to me as the battery and whether or not it has a DNA board. If it’s not a DNA I’m probably not looking at it very hard.

That’s notwithstanding my recent discovery of the Noisy Cricket / Sigelei Moonshot combo. Damn I love that set up. I have dual 24ga Kanthal and I think it’s .56 ohms. That series dual 18650 mech mod pushes the build perfectly and wicking keeps up very, very well. Really nice and tremendous flavor.

Yea I’ve been vaping the heck out of your chocolate raspberry dessert. I won a 5ml from ecigexpress a while ago and just finished it up thanks to your recipe! That stuff is so good. I have kept a 50ml on steep at all times here lately.

2 Likes

Now that you say that I remember you commenting on it before. Excuse my assumption, I thought this was your go with the wild raspberry.

1 Like

See, that’s where we differ, DNA could suck my ass for the money they demand. I can get a 220w beast of a board like the SMOK Alien, for a fraction of the cost of some DNA 200 devices. What am I missing out on? nothing. Ergonomics, ready-to-go, ease of use, reliability and price = my things. Not faffing about on some e-scribe bollocks

1 Like

I used to feel the same way till I started buying them and finally discovered flawless temperature control. SMOK can suck my ass just as hard with their unreliability so well documented with their TC mods. Choice is a good thing. :wink:

1 Like

Thank the Lizard God I’m not tied to any make or model. The Alien is actually my first ever Smok product. I have never followed any one or other manufacturer, and also never bought into hype. I bought this one because it’s sexy. Nothing more tbh :smiley: DNA is a pile of shite, why pay more for something that expects you to do the work for it? I have never been convinced it was any better than say, the joytech boards. Snobbery has a lot to do with it. No better than the whole provari thing IMO

I said the same thing until I bought one. It best fits what I need in a mod and how I like to vape. Nothing that I have used delivers like a DNA Mod. It ain’t always about the price.

6 Likes

Elaborate. In what way does it deliver more? Honest question … because all I need is a mod to deliver a decent vape. Why do DNA boards do this better? for 3 times the price?

Nothing I’ve used has delivered in TC Mode with Ti like a DNA does. I like top notch flavor and this gives the best I’ve had and I’ve had close to 40 mods. Set it up and forget it.

4 Likes

I started my temperature control adventure with the Joyetech eVic 60 watt. Next was a SMOK xCube II. Then a Joyetech eVic VTC Mini. Then my first DNA was a red Efusion from Lost Vape. So the former was the 60 watt. Did ok but struggled with larger builds and battery life suffered drastically. xCube was good after some major filddling and finding the dual 22ga Ti build which was my first true success with TC. But it would work a while then go wacky. SS in TC…forget it. Piece of shit. The eVic Mini was solid as a rock, did TC very well and I loved it (still do) but it being a single 18650 battery put big limits on builds and battery life. The DNA filled in all the blanks. TC second to none. Great battery life. After my 3rd DNA I bought a Wismec Reuleaux RX200. Another big disappointment although for wattage it was great for drippers. Since the RX200 I’ve picked up 4 more DNAs and each has been stellar in performance. But if i wasn’t using temp control I wouldn’t bother with a DNA at all because there are plenty cheaper and better looking mods out there that do regulated wattage just fine. But when it comes to TC, among all the mods I’ve tried, the DNA board is an absolute Cadillac.

3 Likes

I remember when you got your first DNA. You basically said screw it out of aggravation from trying to find that really good temp control vape. I sat and waited. When you raved I got right to buying one for myself. That ever-elusive and fantabulous tc vape appeared the day I started using it.

1 Like