Vape Station - This is awesome! :D

Grab a napkin to wipe the inevitable drool off your chin then looky…
http://elcigart.com/en/all-products/36

8 Likes

My simple start solution will be getting a 4.2v PSU and 3d print a 18650 battery casing that i can add the plus and minus poles to and wire up to the PSU. That way i can throw that “fake battery” into my old vTwo mini. This will allow me to have the variable wattage and TC modes.

You can find 4.2 volt with 60 amp, that is plenty for running 2 or 3 18650 mods simultaneously: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEAN-WELL-PoweNex-NEW-LRS-350-4-2-4-2V-60A-252W-Switching-Power-Supply-/252426933772?hash=item3ac5d1560c:g:ZIMAAOSwubRXIyZn

There is some PSU same brand that provide 40 amps, if you just want to run a single mod on it, but not worth it when it comes to the price IMO. There is also an 4.2v/80a available for those who want to run 4 mods: http://www.ebay.com/itm/POWERNEX-Mean-Well-NEW-NEL-400-4-2-4-2V-80A-336W-Single-Output-Switching-Power-/252628275815?hash=item3ad1d19267:g:1SIAAOSwXeJYIs7M

Another easy and cheap solution for those who got an old mech mod and old PC PSU, is to throw that together, just make sure that the PSU used will provide proper 5v current for the build made, in case you decide to go with the 5v output rather than 12v.

2 Likes

I’d hit that.

4 Likes

Unimpressed, I could build something 10x nicer than that

Do it. We’ll be waiting for pics.

10 Likes

Sorry, I don’t get it. Vape tethered to a power supply? I know it’s tangential but a year ago I spent a grand so my bass wasn’t tethered to an amp head. I have a $600 cell phone (which I resent the cost) so I’m not “tethered”. This looks more like something the Vape Popo will use to punish those eeeee-ville vapers in the future.

That is fine and all, but i dont need battery hassle for the weekly 40+ hours i always spend in my office anyway, but we all have our different needs and preferences.

1 Like

You go that right! That’s one of the things I love about forums. There are a lot of different ideas and thoughts. Probably about as many as there are people. Really ads spice to the hobby.

80% of my vaping is done while relaxing at home in my La-Z-Ass™ So this would do away with the annoying battery swaps. I must have one!

La-Z-Ass is a trademark Of Fred’s Fatass Furniture Gallery. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.

3 Likes

Have at it bud. Can’t wait to see what you come up with :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yeah, the actual device in that link resembles some of the electronic gadgets my dad built back in the 70’s. But the concept is there. I would love to see @Whiterose0818 build a triple NLPWM vape station with digital readouts and controls for each device :smiley:

2 Likes

I already have something in the works!

2 Likes

On a less gadgety, more decorative note, I’ve thought in the past that it would be so extravagant to have a table top vape set up like a beautifully styled hookah. The base would supply the power and house small read outs corresponding to each hose. The hoses would actually be the wires to the power supply and the mouth pieces would be the tanks and fire buttons. Integrated into the design would be tank holders so we could switch between tanks. Maybe like an art nouveau swirl of flowery vines multiple tanks and multiple holders around a jewel encrusted floral body. This would be utterly impractical to have let alone to try and make but if I saw one, and had a spare 20k laying about I’d probably have to have it. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I was so unlucky that my VT167 stopped reading batteries after using a cheap chinese charger. Well, turned out that i think dirt inside on external chip that control the battery setup bridge and the battery connection poles fried a fuse. Lucky thing is though, that i can get it to fire when switching to powersupply mode in eScribe, so i got a new vape station. Just made a temporary setup using my powersupply for 3d printer that is 12v/25amp which is perfect for the DNA 250 board.

The temp solution wired up and working, pushed it to 250w on a 0.14 build:

I will make some proper wiring later and maybe print a box/case for the PSU, but this works for now. Been using it for quite a few hours already, and happy that i at least can enjoy using my DNA board when at home in the office :slight_smile:

5 Likes