VaperVersaries ! Let's celebrate your quit date. :)

Just hit my one year anniversary!! After many attempts to quit over the years I think this may be the time I finally succeed.

Thanks to all the great people in this community for the knowledge and recipes you have shared!! Without it I would’ve surely failed again. You really are difference makers.

10 Likes

Congrats @Big_Benny_MI !!!

You got this brother , no problem!!!

4 Likes

Congrats @Big_Benny_MI on the 1 year.

4 Likes

Awesome! Congrats @Big_Benny_MI !!

4 Likes

Awesome! Jan 1 2016 for me! I absolutely love vaping, got my wife to quit too. I got diagnosed with cancer on Aug 10 2016, but it was great that I had already quit. My doc was thrilled to hear I was vaping, makes treatment so much easier.

4 Likes

Oh my brother, don’t you know you’ve already succeeded?

I stumbled last year around this time on my October trip to St Augustine. Smoked a half pack down there. Nothing since, and although I had been smoke free a good while prior (off/on for a few years) I still count that as my official quit date. I have a phone app called Since I Quit. It tracks time as well as number of cigarettes avoided and money saved. Here’s what that looks like since, and when you see the numbers you realize how successful you are. This is based on 1-1/2 packs per day …

So hang in there, think of what you’ve accomplished, and better yet, what you’ve avoided. You got this!

6 Likes

I have a different way to keep track. I allow myself one third of my former smoke budget for vape gear and DIY supplies. Just seeing the accumulation of stuff that will last and provide enjoyment for quite some time versus seeing nasty dirty ashtrays everywhere is a heck of a motivator.

9 Likes

Hoary, I’ve made it. Sorta :slight_smile: Welp…a while back I realized that I would never be able to track my smoke free progress because for a short period I had vaped and smoked (it’s somewhere prior to or in the middle of October). Cigs for the most stressful moments and while drinking with the bros. I never had the “today will be the last day” marked down. Never acknowledged the “today would be the last day I would go to the gas station for smokes.”

So what am I acknowledging and celebrating today. 1 year mixing. First saved recipe was 11/14/2016 (I know, a couple days late). I know had quit the cigs prior to that. However, my new passion & hobby started in November 14th…and love for this group of course. November is when I knew I would for sure never needed to go back.

Thanks to everyone who helped me over a year ago with my questions and kind advice. I will never forget.

Any yes, I broke my spending freeze today. Purchased 30 15ml bottles, 5ml Orange MF, Pound Cake Flv, and one other flavor. Still can’t wait for black Friday.

9 Likes

Whoop! Congratulations :+1::confetti_ball::hugs:

2 Likes

Dec 24 will be two years for me (after 30+ years of smoking). Prior to vaping, the longest quit time I’ve had has been a couple of months. I remember those previous times as being so aggravating, and thinking “if one more person wishes me a nice day, I’m killin’ them”. Never experienced a bad day vaping, and I smell of desserts rather than stale cig-smoke.

7 Likes

Awesome achievement! :+1:

That is so very true! :smile:

1 Like

Not quite my VaperVersary (started vaping this Easter), but life has been hell itself since Friday. If I were going to go back to smoking, Friday would have been the day. I’m calling it early, guys! :wink:

As I’ve posted elsewhere on the forum, my mother was hit by a car on Friday. Cracked ribs, partially deflated lung, and head trauma requiring a craniectomy to relieve the swelling. She’s still in the CCU of the trauma centre, but she can move all of her limbs, open her eyes, and wiggle her fingers and toes on command. I asked about the lung and got the greatest answer: “It would have been worse if she was still a smoker.” Even the outcomes for her brain will be better - more oxygen in her blood than with smoking means less risk of brain damage.

No one had told the hospital she vaped - completely slipped our minds. Mom started vaping a few months before I did, but dual used for longer than me. She had only recently switched completely. Even with round-the-clock care and constant monitoring of lungs, hospitals can’t tell who vapes. That’s got to mean something! I’m choosing to look at the bright side of all of this: vaping helped save my mother’s life. Not from long-term effects, but in the short-term, recently-non-smoking, shit that could happen to any person with no warning way.

Vaping saves lives. Not 25 years from now, not 10 years from now, but today. Mom gets a better outcome today because she finally kicked cigarettes to the curb. So it’s not her VaperVersary either, but I’m totally celebrating for her. :joy:

7 Likes

Mom sounds like a tough lady. I pray all will get better for her soon.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing. What a GREAT testimony! I pray your Mom gets well very soon!

3 Likes

I haven’t had a cigarette in 6 months if not more. I am still at 18mg but I am not hitting it as much. I was a 3 - 3 1/2 pack a day smoker!!! I got my first mod and tank and slowly stopped with the cigarettes. 6 months… It’s a milestone for me. Just think, going from 3 packs a day to none in about 3 days!!! I’ve had 2 heart attacks from smoking. I had such angina it could knock me down. Even on angina medication, it still crushed my chest to have a smoke.

Vaping doesn’t hurt my chest at all. I am going to make my own juices and cut back 1 mg at a time. I may be doing that now by adding flavors (PG content) to my juice.I really don’t want a cigarette anymore! I want the vape. My issue is getting the flavor right with 18mgs.

Can someone help me do that? I follow the recopies but I can’t taste them. It’s still been worth every penny. I know some don’t think it’s a big step but I’m impressively proud of myself! I quit once. It was the most miserable year of my life. I did the “patch” method. after the treatment, I always craved a smoke.It really never ever went away and the urge was unbearable. I don’t have that urge vaping.

Look, these things may be killing those few. I think they don’t use them right. All I know is even without flavor, It’s kept me from wanting a smoke. I want to taste the flavors, trust me. I just don’t know how to make them to do it. If anyone can help, please do! 6 months and I’m not going back.Please help me continue my journey? My mod runs sat 200w. to work right. I don’t inhale deeply, just like smoking… 6 months… Please help? I can’t stand the idea going back.

Ive looked at the recopies. I can’t find any at that mg. I’ve got about 8 flavors. I wan’\need your help? This is the best thing I have done for myself in 36 years. I consider myself honestly stopped smoking at this rate. The United States are being stupid (as usual).

I’ll find a way though. I really don’'t hi t the vape that much now either. Help me on my journey pleas? please?

4 Likes

Cheers @Caped_Conspirathist well-done mate - you may try the what can I make function. Your taste will come back over time

4 Likes

First off, welcome to ELR!
Second? Congratulations on your 6 months cig free!! :tada:

Third, as far as recipes to help you taste things, from the sounds of it (3+ packs a day) your taste buds are going to be pretty shot, and it’s going to take some time for them to start to recover. With that in mind, combined with the fact that you mentioned 18mg…
You might try the following recipe:

It’s what helped me to quit when I was at 18mg (and I used it as I was tapering all the way down to 12mg nic).

IMO/IME and generally speaking, you’re going to need more flavoring when using flavors from the “big 3”. Do note, there’s always exceptions (in every brand, because some flavors are just exceptionally strong!)

But, the “big 3” are usually considered to be Capella (Cap), The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) [but listed as TPA in the elr database; for historical reasons] , and Flavor West (FW).

I would start by looking for recipes on the recipe side using the above flavor brands at anywhere from 15% to 20% total flavoring. (You can always modify the amount of nic to 18mg, and change the PG/VG ratio to whatever you need for your particular atty.

I would also strongly recommend that you back the power down or find another mod. Because the following sounds like something is SERIOUSLY wrong:

I’ll (hesitantly) say/guesstimate that 90% of the general vaping population vapes at somewhere between 20w-80w. But it wouldn’t shock me to hear that your throat is “semi-charred” from over 3 packs a day. So I can see how you could have gotten “used to” that level of heat…
But if you honestly mean that it doesn’t function properly at any power under 200w, get rid of that unit immediately! There’s something wrong with it, and it’s highly likely that it’s unstable/unsafe!!

Wishing you the best,
Rob

7 Likes

The smok King beast uses coils that go as low as 160 recommended. The flavors I make don’t have any taste at 80w either (I have an Agieus unit too with a falcon 2 tank and new coil). I can taste the apricot in both. The other recopies sorta fail.I almost had the strawberry\double watermelon working but then I tried to tweak it and ruined it. The king beast tank has the V12-T14 coil in it and it draws lots of power.I was smoking 3 packs a day 6 months ago. If I can get the flavor to work in the 75-80w range, it works at the 200w too. I just cant get the flavors right. The oness I purchase from LNW at 18 mg work. I just don’t like the flavors anymore.

3 Likes

@Sprkslfly,

believe it or not, this unit was recommended… I know that sounds wild but the 20-80W units just didn’t cut it in the mornings. I may get there one day. For now, I have to use what works. I don’t inhale deeply like most people I see who vape. there’s a site called liquidnicotinewholesalers. Their stuff has great flavor at 18mg’s but I want to make my own now (not selling a site. Just saying they have flavored juice that tastes good).

I figure it will be tough for people who vape at 20-80w to give me advice but it’s a challenge for them, and I get to learn so so much! Thank you btw for congratulating me! I hope to hear your input and that of others (I’m not upset about everyone going OMG lol). I gotta do what works. Now that I have the different equipment (and I do. 4 different tanks and the power to run them!) I look forward to all the ideas I get.

Thank you Rob. And thank all of you (even after your eyes stop bulging lmao) for trying to help!

5 Likes

Doug, you are too cool :wink:

If it works for you, good… Sometimes people do get lucky and find something that works for them… then you have the folks that get shiny-itus… must have new shiny pieces all the time… or even most of the time haha!! I will still stand… that you need to experience the ultras… like Flavorah… and Medicine flower… those 2 will stand up to the heat… and you wont need much flavor at all with either company. :slight_smile:

2 Likes