VapeyMama's Battery Operated Boyfriend, the Reuleaux RX300

Thank you!! :grin:

2 Likes

@VapeyMama, are you still using Bob? Iā€™m new here and missed this thread when it was fresh. Iā€™ve had 2 RX300ā€™s for a long time. I enjoyed the quad cells very much for cell life, but it is a maddening little mod. It would, several times a day, wank out of TC mode and default to 20w in power mode. Wifeā€™s did the same thing. They were much more stable after a conversion to Arctic Fox, but still slipped often enough that itā€™s basically in retirement now because that drove us mad. Wondering if you or anyone else noticed that behavior.

1 Like

Yep I still use him daily! I donā€™t do a lot of TC, usually only if I want to really empty out my wicks when I want to use a new juice and donā€™t want to rewick. I just recently noticed it jumping out of TC to 20 Watts happen to mine too, but it only happens occasionally and isnā€™t too bothersome for me. I can see how that would be a huge PITA if youā€™re a regular TC user though!

1 Like

Arctic Fox made it a completely new mod. That is amazing firmware.

Aside from the 20w drop deal, it is a solid performer and worthy of a recommendation. Agree with you about the 510 placement. My 30mm atty fit close enough not to bother me but a centered 510 would have been ideal. Nice review by the way.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to try that update! Thanks for the comments man, appreciate it!

1 Like

VM, is this still a good mod for you? Iā€™m thinking of biting the bullet on this one.

1 Like

Yes I still use it daily and its working great for me!

1 Like

If you get any wismec or ijoy mod, donā€™t forget to flash it with arctic fox firmware. i have an rx2/3 and this firmware saved it from the bin, now i still use it daily a year later

2 Likes

@Cooter1, I can second thatā€¦ArcticFox actually improves the RX300 hugely IMOā€¦bought it based on this review and use it daily with a 10ml tank (VCMT 30mm)ā€¦definitely do the firmwareā€¦

2 Likes

Someone mentioned downloading Arctic Fox. When I go to nfeteam.org, it gives 2 options. NFE tools and arctic fox. Which one is used to update the RX300?

Itā€™s been a long time, but IIRC, NFE tools is the software you need to upload the articfox firmware to your mod, set up your profiles and other parameters.

EDIT:
From their website:

NFE Tools ā€“ a collection of tools to work with your battery mod, including tools for configuring ArcticFox firmware, device monitoring and firmware update software.

ArcticFox ā€“ firmware for battery mods from companies: Joyetech, Wismec and Eleaf, which will give your device a second life by extending their functionality to the level of DNA / YiHi devices.

1 Like

Do you know if there is a video tutorial?

you can probably find another/better tutorial (this guy annoys the heck out of me), but itā€™ll tell you what to do.

It really isnā€™t that difficult.
Just download both, install NFE software and the rest points itself out.

If you have some experience with the escribe suite (DNA software), itā€™ll be very easy to use.

2 Likes

so, not to hijack, but anyone get the no atomizer fault with this beast of a mod? Saw a youtube video where due karate chops his mod Chuck Norris style and it seems to helpā€¦just wonderingā€¦saw some instances of having to revert firmwares on arctic fox to fix issues with RX300ā€¦turns out the ā€œchopā€ fixed it for meā€¦at least for nowā€¦

2 Likes

Yes a couple of times. But the biggest issue I always had with the 300 was it simply slipping out of TC and back to a default power setting at 20w. I have to unscrew/re-attach the atty a couple times a day. Arctic Fox helped with maybe 90% less often recurring, but it still wanks out once in a while. When it does with AF, rather than defaulting to 20w or tossing up the atomizer fault deal, it just goes to ā€˜select profileā€™. Still rather annoying. Itā€™s not a daily driver mod and fell off my list of happy mods due to the wanky 510ā€¦

1 Like

Love those eyebrows

2 Likes

And I hope Vapey Mama is enjoying this Memorial Weekend. We all miss you girl.

5 Likes

Where is she? Is everything ok?

1 Like