Vaping saved me $$ & days

Not only do I consider vaping to have had a massive impact on my life and health even with compulsive purchasing of Mods/Flavours/Tanks/RDA it has saved me a bunch of cash. @Sprkslfly recently hit is 3 years (well-done mate). I thought it may be a good idea for those that run a smoke-free app or similar to share their achievements/savings in a separate thread.

Ok so I smoked 40 ish a day and since the pirates otherwise known as the Australian government have a massive sin tax which increases the price of a packet of smokes every year this figure is not exactly accurate - it is actually more saved than reported since the calculation was done using $35 (AUD) for a packet of smokes it is now closer to $45.

Governments are addicted to the $ raised from sin taxes to the point in Australia where I consider it is the major factor here in the governmentā€™s reluctance to allow Nic into juice.

Anyhow post up your savings and how many smokes you havenā€™t smoked if you want. Here are mine since I went totally smoke-free - I donā€™t think the dual use period counts.

18 Likes

Cheers woftam!

This is data figured at only $5/packā€¦ And only 30 a day (so, itā€™s conservative on both fronts)

EDIT:
Oh! Disregard the ā€˜cravings resistedā€™ crap. I never used that part of the app (as a nanny/journal) lol!
I just powered through cravings, or upped the Nicotine momentarily (via a separate custom mix specifically for those times) as needed! :wink:
So ALL cravings are resisted. Some werenā€™t easy though, especially early in!

15 Likes

5 dollars a pack whoa 3 yrs ago ciggs were almost 10 a pack in Wa State , i wonder what they are today ā€¦

11 Likes

No doubt!

One thing I wish they included in the app I use though was ā€œpacksā€. Since just like I never paid attention to how much I was smoking until I had to crack a new packā€¦ And even then, only briefly as a passing thought usually. =/

Anyways, the math works out for me to:
33078 Ć· 20 = 1,653.9 packs.
Ho Lee Fuuuā€¦

33078 sounds like a lot (and it obviously IS), but it just feels disconnected somehow.

1,654 packs not smoked?
In only 3 years?!!
Yeah. Wow.

And thatā€™s conservative?
Fucking hell.

10 Likes

A massive eye opener isnā€™t it. The $60K+ I have saved certainly explains my gear collection :grin:
That and being friends with @mjag and @Steampugs .

11 Likes

And I think youā€™re still coming out ahead!! LMAO

:thinking: I thinkā€¦ :wink:
(I keed, I keed)

8 Likes

I quit smoking in April 2013

A pack of cigs avg. back then were $4 per pack at 1 pack a day.

365 x $4 = $1460 per year x about 5.85 yrs = $8541 give or take about $80.

Itā€™s hard to pinpoint what I spent on vape related purchases my 1st three yrs., (cause I bought nearly everything new), but over the last 3 yrs I average about $250 to $350 per year on vaping.

I havenā€™t spent any $$$ for vaping so far this year, but I am on the lookout for a new Lost Vape Triade DNA250C when a good sale comes along.

13 Likes

Completely Quit Smoking Jan 2016

Aporx 2 packs a day @9$ each pack = $18

365 Ɨ 3 = 1095 days Ɨ 18 = 19,710 $ and i havent spent close to that on Vape Related products

Oh plus apprx 50days Ɨ 18 = 900$ fornthe days in this year

20000$ holy crap

9 Likes

Same here.

6 Likes

@Pro_Vapes and @TorturedZen keep an eye on the deals section here, someone posted about the 20% off eciggity sale and @TheTinMan later mentioned the Drone DNA250C was well priced with that coupon at like $125 shipped. I scooped up one right away at that price and am as happy as a pig in shit :wink:

I have seen it on the Aliexpress app as well from heavensgift for only $109 shipped but I think it is still a preorder for them. The app gives better prices than the website.

The banner I used to track how much I saved went belly up so not sure, I am gonna guess a trillion saved then reinvested in shiny new vape toys :grin:

Edit: Mixed up the Triade with the Droneā€¦duh

7 Likes

I did order from HG on AliEx for $105 shipped about an hour ago. The HG Rep said itā€™ll be in stock on Feb. 23ā€¦ if he is reliable and if itā€™s enough in that batch to fill my orderā€¦

9 Likes

Crap. mixed up the Drone with the Triade, this rain is killing my brain cells :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Thanx for the info. I wonā€™t order outside the US so the vendor needs to be American.

8 Likes

Yepā€¦ Itā€™s a crap shoot, Hopefully if it goes left, then Paypal will settle on my side. I screenshot every step in the purchase process and their guarantee.

I APOLOGIZEā€¦

DERAILED giphy%20(1)

10 Likes

wow thatā€™s unrealā€¦good luck love it.

6 Likes

@woftam congrats on three and a half years smoke free.
That is serious achievement, and a hell of a saving.
Take pleasure in the knowledge that you have effectively and single handedly shagged the Australian government out of thousands of dollars of sin tax, well done Sir.

9 Likes

Iā€™ll be at 5 yrs smoke free on April 24th! I was 1.5-2.5 packs a day, roughly $7 per pac of America Spirits. Hereā€™s the breakdown:

Awesome!

10 Likes