Vaporfi hack?

Hola!

So I just got a strange email from (what I thought was) Vaporfi today. I have only ordered from these guys once, YEARS ago, when I first started vaping, so I was a bit taken back. To save myself some time and explanation, here is the email;

At first I was concerned that someone, some how, got my CC and was ordering from Vaporfi?? I knew damn well it wasn’t me, since my store bought juice days only lasted 1 week, and those purchases were made a lifetime ago. I was just about to click my account in the email, when I stopped myself and copied the link address of the “invoice” first…

Sure enough, it wasn’t a link to Vaporfi, it was a link elsewhere;

https ://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30189470/www.vaporfi.com?..

Now, I didn’t leave the entire address here, for the sake of someone clicking it, but this was a fraction of the start of it. I have contacted Vaporfi with this and the possibility they could of been hacked and lost some of their customer’s info?

I have changed my bank/CCs since ordering from them, so many years ago, so I’m not worried about fraudulent activity. I thought I would share this, just in case someone has ordered from these guys or receives an email from “them”

Ciao bellas

24 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I made the awful mistake of buying from them when I first started vaping. Anything that is their brand (not cosmic fog) is horrible and super expensive! I gave them all away! I also have had my credit card # luckilly changed since then. But the warning is sincerely appreciated!

11 Likes

Yep, again, tnx for the warning! Friend of mine ordered juice from them 2 1/2 years ago…all of the juices were perfumy or very chemical tasting. I always had the impression that they mostly relied on the newbie, who wasn’t really familiar with good juice or gear. And I liked how they sponsored or designed sites which listed them as #1 or #2 in favorite juice sites. Always smelled slightly of cheese to me.

5 Likes

Well they didn’t seem to concerned… They told me they probably screwed up and emailed me someone else’s invoice. So they obviously didn’t read the part where I said it was all through my account, with my name and the link was not to their website…

Whatevs

2 Likes

sounds like you may have spoke with a rep that didn’t know or fully understand what you were trying to tell them …

4 Likes

Maybe if you copied and pasted this logo at the bottom of your email… they might have read it a bit closer! :rofl:

IMG_4556

6 Likes

i will say i googled this site and it came back as an invoice service, so it is a possibility that some wires got crossed on an update or something like that.

2 Likes

Yeah I checked it out too, but when compared to the legit order I placed years ago, it directed me right to their site and not redirected. Who knows, just glad my CC info is no longer valid

4 Likes

Yea man, like I said I don’t know anything about it, just saying it is a possibility of an honest mistake. However slim it may be.

3 Likes

That’s crazy. Sorry to hear about that. Thank goodness you changed your account info and unlike years ago, PayPal is now a much desired payment method by many consumers. @Norseman linked me to this thread after I posted on MV a recent business insider report article about VaporFi making a huge expansion. Hopefully they will address this issue and offer some sort of warning to their consumers of this type of scam/hack.

"MIAMI, Aug. 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ – Today, VaporFi announced 19 brick-and-mortar store openings in 6 states across the US and 2 other countries internationally "

2 Likes