Very thorough Battery safety Guide

Battery Safety Guide

7 Likes

The most consistent thing is always do now is checking those wraps on the batteries for any holes or cuts. There should be an ISO standard for the thickness of the skin on those things, it would stop a lot of accidents.

5 Likes

i don’t want really to disagree with you… but as mooch has said there should at first be some standards on how companies test the batteries and count Pulse ratings and CD Ratings… the thing you say is a step after it for real imho…and the way i am thinking about it is:

batteries are open to the public, for thousands of use, on millions of different devices/machines or whatever… right now i can’t understand how a thicker wrap or skin can save you from something like this

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/high-performance-new-listman-18650-40amp/264487149.html

Listman batteries that are 3.000MaH and provide 40A??? i saw a guy using them on a iJoy Maxo with a TFV8 tank and almost lost my mind… how can someone has so big standards that a guy that starts vaping let’s say at the age of 55 after 2 heart attacks to know what batteries are, how they work, who mooch is, what is Pulse rating, what Continous Discharge rating and what’s the difference and all this fcking science behind it?
many people here are experienced, we read forums, we probably have passed at another level because vaping is also a hobby for us… but REALLY how can we accuse some people that don’t know a sh1t about all this? we have seen posts like “SS is killing your mods” and other posts like that that have come from the mouths of supposed professionals in vape stores… and other unbelievable stories from people that they supposed to know MORE and should protect their customers, companies etc… but this is unfortunately at least on a point not happening in all cases… LG said that (probably the best batteries in vaping world) LG HG2 batteries are not ment to be used for vaping… LOL! and throws responsibility to the users…

i don’t get how a 1 or 2mm thicker wrap or skin could save someone from an accident when you see efest batteries venting at 14amps when they promise on wrap 25-35Amps…unfortunately there is a lot of work that has to be done with batteries in overall :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh you are free to disagree but I will tell you my mods only act weird and heat up when I pull a battery out and see one of the the wraps have been punctured or cut.

1 Like