Want a fanny bag

Been searching for a fanny bag or as its known here in Australia a bum bag. Maybe google limits my options because of my location but I can’t find a good one. I want one with 3 different compartments for tanks, one for my mod, and a few for 100ml juice bottles. Then just space for a few spare batteries and coils. Can anyone help please?

4 Likes

Not Sure if they ship to Australia.

6 Likes

I want one that doesn’t have a plastic buckle. I used to wear them all the time, but sooner-or-later the damned plastic buckle would break, ansd on the last occasion I failed to notice! and almost left the thing behind on the ground along with my wallet and everything.

So, does anybody know one with an unbreakable strap and buckle? preferably one that doesn’t cost the earth? (I’ve seen seen some really tempting hand-crafted leather ones, with metal buckle)
Oh! i’m in the UK, BTW.

2 Likes

A large assortment of ecig fanny bags.

2 Likes

Hell, at the point of strapping some of those on you’d be better off with a freakin’ messenger bag!

1 Like

I know what you mean. I’ve got a couple of these… I carry my 9mm on 1 hip and this on the other…

7 Likes

Some of these look alright just not what I’m looking for. I guess some pockets for a few tanks is what I want the most. I just want to be able to carry a few tanks with different flavours around to easily swap

1 Like

Hmm. so far as I can tell, they all have the dreaded plastic buckles…all apart from those that just hook over the belt that you’re already wearing. Now, there’s an idea!

Just to make things a bit more awkward though, as a woman ( more-or-less) I have a bunch of outfits that don’t come with belt loop[s; and increasingly so, now i’m getting to that age where elasicated-waisted jeggings and such make a strong appea\l over traditional denims.

sigh i can see myself eventually giving in going for some kind of overpriced “festival bag” with metal buckles. i’ve ben looking at those covetously, but, well, I just can’t help getting indignant when i see all these hippy- style items on the market at prices that no proper old-fashioned hippy could possibly afford! chuckle

2 Likes

One side

and for the other side

download

7 Likes

Sorry it’s so late but I am an excessive researcher when it comes to certain things. This one looked good from the start but I was hoping for something that could carry a bit more. Seeing bigger ones though they are a lot bigger and I thought I’m not going on a holiday every day. I got what you said and it actually is perfect for daily use and how easy its made it I have to say one thing. Thank you

1 Like

G’day @Mister_Shifty. Not sure if you went looking on Fasttech or not but these might be of interest. FWIW, they’re on the list for my next FT order. Bit pricey at USD 21.00 but you never know. Cheers from me here in Perth…

4 Likes

That’s actually just what I created this thread looking for. I got a smaller one already for my normal day to day but that’s perfect for a camping trip. I actually only found fasttech just the other day. Ended up ordering heaps of things like caps for my drip tips and such. I like it so much :stuck_out_tongue: cheers from me in Sydney :smiley:

1 Like

That would be just great!..if not for that damned plastic buckle.

Is it just me? I don’t see others complaining that those buckles suddenly break at no notice. But I’ve had several fanny bags now and the all went the same way, sooner or later. I wouldn’t mind if the bag wore out. but those sudden brea\kages could result in loss of the the whole thing together with contents if you’re not alert (and I am rarely alert, TBH. I seem to have a natural pothead personality…no need to enhance it with drugs :laughing:)

1 Like

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xfanny+pack.TRS0&_nkw=fanny+pack&_sacat=0

1 Like

:grinning: I thought you might say something like this as I remember you saying you didn’t like the plastic buckles. Personally never had any problems with ‘em. Wonder if they could be replaced with something sturdier by someone skilled enough and adept at such things? What about having a “crafty type” make you one up. Might cost a few quid but should last a fair while. Something to think about. Cheers and don’t give up lookin’…

1 Like

You can replace broken buckles. The male part is just rethreading the belt in the next one, the female replacement part comes with a split pin kind of thing.
Useful for repairing backpacks, but mine have never broken ( I fixed a mate bike panier this way )

3 Likes

Hey! It was a while ago, but did you find the bag that you wanted? I’m curious because I want one like this and can’t find anything. My friend advised me to go to thrifting stores and find there, but I’m not sure about it. I saw some options on different websites, like Backpacks Global, but I want to have many choices. It’s easier to find the perfect one this way.
Also, maybe some of you have newer options? Any price range is acceptable. If you have some, please, let me know. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Look for a leather shop in your area.
Most here in the States have people that can make anything you design out of nice leather.
I’m sure you must have something down there with all the Roos and Crocs running around.

Damn, just noticed this is old as hell. Sorry bout that

2 Likes