Water Filtration Systems

Do u use a system to distill it? The RO system is an actual membrane just like we have in our bodies with osmosis. It will only let H2O molecules in and nothing else. It kind of sounds the same except a different method.
Wow! Thats pretty great to be that healthy at ur age! Well they say if by the age of 40, if u have no major health issues. You wont have any. Not always but more often then not I guess.
That great that u have no heart issues, lots n lots of ppl do nowadays! I worked in cardiac and it was like drive thru cardiac procedures n surgeries n lots of them are back over n over again. Its sad

1 Like

Alright I feel I need to clear the air on a few water myths,
first city water is some of the cleanest water there is.
Second most bottled water is nothing more than tap water with a higher price.
Third city water is tested once per hour to ensure safety, bottled water is only required to be tested once every twenty four hours.
Fourth the plumbing systems we have in America are what keep us healthy.
Fifth counter top water filters donā€™t do anything IE britta pitchers PUR faucet mount filters, they are flavor enhancing that is all, yes they say they remove all kinds of things but. Look at how much they actually remove.
Sixth purity of water goes in this order from cleanest to dirtiest. Deionized, distilled, reverse osmosis, whole house filtering depending on the filter,city water.
Seventh not having minerals in your water is not a good idea, why because water wants to have minerals in it, water is a solvent. Some people may disagree with what I have just stated but I promise I can prove everything Iā€™ve just said.

2 Likes

Preach.
When I was pregnant with kid #2 we had a RO filter. Couldnā€™t drink that water because it gave me heartburn. I had to drink mineral water (the real stuff, not just sparkling water) or else I couldnā€™t drink water at all.

We use a Berkey water filter, but switched to using ProPur g2 filters in it a few years ago. They filter out a ridiculous amount of toxins while still leaving beneficial minerals in the water.

2 Likes

Water wants to have minerals in it, if itā€™s to pure it will try to scavenge minerals from anywhere it can, i donā€™t know how much or little distilled water has, that is one thing I havenā€™t looked into yet but I will and I will get back to you on my thoughts.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t realize you where adding minerals back into the distilled water, if thatā€™s the case it makes my point about removing everything from the water moot.

2 Likes

Wish youā€™d be mute more oftenā€¦

3 Likes

LOL. I think he meant moot but pretty sure he got your drift.:grin:

3 Likes

Fixed it for you!

3 Likes

But the human immune system is quite efficient, and city standards are still well below what typically causes issues. Yes, when you think about it, you can be disgusted. But your body is a pretty darn great filtration system in and of itself too.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not arguing for or against added filtration. Just saying drinking city water isnā€™t exactly like drinking from the toilet.

1 Like

Standards are set at the federal level.
Here is a link that has more information than youā€™ll ever need.

https://www.epa.gov/wqs-tech

Now Wisconsin and Michigan have both had water quality issues, but they have always been caused by them not meeting the minimum requirements. So I understand that you feel filtering your water is a must and hey if it gives you the warm fuzzies by only drinking botteld or filtered water go for it! But donā€™t tell someone they are wrong for drinking water that comes out of their tap. I do it and unless you use filtered water to brush your teeth then your drinking it as well!

2 Likes

Oh thatā€™s not me at all! I was not referring blindly following the ā€˜always perfect governmentā€™, I was more referring to being shamed for deciding not to use further filtration.

Nothing here worth creating a big debate about. Filter further if it makes you happy, donā€™t if it doesnā€™t. Carry on, do what ya dig, and donā€™t make anyone feel bad for doing something you donā€™t is all. Happy vaping happy life happy happy!

5 Likes

I advocate for people and their rights too, believe me. Iā€™m no big government shill.

1 Like

I agree and was not singling any person out. I advocate informed decisions is all, whatever that is as long as no one is harmed by it.

2 Likes

So weā€™re all good? Canā€™t hug it out, soā€¦

6 Likes

And so weā€™re all on the same pageā€¦ given the choice, choose the one on the left, eh?

3 Likes

Itā€™s just a little turbidity.

1 Like

Yeah heā€™s a plumber alright.

4 Likes

I actually have a quite expansive vocabulary. I just donā€™t use it very often because I get blank stares from people when Iā€™m explaining something.

1 Like

Turbidity is suspended solids in a liquid.

1 Like