Watermelons

my mom and i were just discussing how things are good then bad and then good again it amazes me that it happens so often , i use FW yellow cake and flaves with diketones, i understand that people want to be as safe as possible but who says that the V2 or DX flaves are any better ??? what i mean by that is wheres the facts , honestly its all better than ciggs no matter what though its not good for anyone to vape or smoke , its a SAFER alternative not a safe one so im going to enjoy what i like for as long as i like it

6 Likes

There are none, that’s the problem. Even studies which supposedly analyze “vapor” are using either industrial vaporizers operating way above the power/temp levels we do or they are pushing more power through vape gear than it was intended for. Every one of us has had a burnt hit and we drop power or open airflow or do something to remedy the situation. These “studies” are looking at 15 minutes of constant burnt hit vapor and looking for bad stuff as a result. Well, duh!

That’s the bottom line, and you are absolutely right. It’s not safe, life itself is not safe but it is safer than cigs and way more enjoyable as a pastime and a hobby than cigs ever were IMHO.

5 Likes

:+1::facepunch: agreed 100 percent

3 Likes

A great reply on this new pursuit for me too! Love Jolly Rancher flavors and want green apple too

The voice of reason abides! Compared to analogs there is no comparison for me!

1 Like

I just found this thread via a redirection from an new watermelon thread.

Here are my Watermelon excperiences FWIW:

I first tried the RF VG watermelon, and was really enjoying vaping it at a cautiously low % that I found pleasantly subtle , and my son (a big watermelon fan) thought absurdly weak, So i upped the % a bit, and a bit more, and in the meantime switched to RFSC, because their VG range was being phased out. I therefore don’t know if RFSC is more realistic (too many variables) but suspect it is, because as I approached a normal % (as recommended on this forum) I stated to notice a really unpleasant soapy taste , that I think must be the rind, which various people have mentioned

Next I tried the MF Watermelon but I found the "rind " flavour even more pronounced with the MF, and though I liked the flavour initially, my aversion to the soapy note increased and increased , and eventually put me right off both brands of watermelon, and watermelon in general.

I tried adding sweetener but that didn’t seem to mask it, and my watermelon experiments are currently on hold, while I play with other favours and try ti forget the bad taste!

By and large , I do much prefer Natural flavours. besides being PG-sensitive, so don’t tell me to try Capella or FA, but if anyone knows what to do about that soapy taste , I’m all ears!

1 Like

Do you remember what % of Big watermelon you were using. I like about 2% and more with bolder flavors.

sorry , don’t know what you mean by “Big”? but I used a whole range of % up to and including the average recommended % in the notes here. mostly vaped it as an SF, but also mixed it with other fruits to good effect …until I became hypersensitive to the soapy note, which soured the lot for me. Anyway, at no point was I overflavouring the mix , not asccording to notes given by other mixers , so that wasn’t the problem.

Sorry, my bad I read

There is a brand Molinberry Big Watermelon. I thought that was what you were talking about. I’ve got it on my mind at the moment and see it in everything :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Nice to have that cleared up ! :rofl:
I guess we can take that as recommendation for the Molinberry?

2 Likes

It’s worth a try IMO

2 Likes

This is over a year late, I just got to this thread due to the merge, too. but I don’t think anyone corrected this one…

For the benefit of anyone reading this that is unfamiliar with Nature’s Flavors:

Nobody is using NF syrups for vaping. Use any of the Organic Extracts or Coffee/Tea flavor line, Not the concentrates, not the syrups.

Very nice Watermelon thread, everyone :smile: I’m bookmarking this one.

6 Likes

Mix purilium watermelon with NF watermelon

3 Likes

I mix (pur) watermelon with (FA) watermelon and (Flv) wild melon. For a watermelon’ish mix

Or if I don’t want just watermelon but melons I mix (TPA) watermelon candy and (Flv) wild melon

Or/and (FA) melon cantaloupe with the other ones named above.

Either mix is great, just depends what kind of melon I’m going for.

3 Likes

I actually quite like FW candy watermelon
Really nice with some ws23

3 Likes

I really love LA watermelon!

5 Likes

Yes, it is my most consistently used watermelon, very candy-like, but good; solid flavor that doesn’t have the dreaded soap taste like TPA Candy Watermelon and others.

2 Likes

My latest melon discovery which I’m still experimenting with is Wonder Flavors Ripe Galia Melon. It’s just fantastic, but it’s not so much in the watermelon flavor spectrum. I mention it here because it seems like an opportune place and it’s a flavor I’ve not seen much said about. Think the best, juiciest almost overripe cantaloupe you’ve ever had. Juice dripping down your chin ripe.

6 Likes

Does that translate in the vape experience? If so, it could be a very welcome additive for dry juices.

1 Like

You’re going to have to be more clear with your question. I’m not sure what you’re asking me.

2 Likes