Wattage or Wire

Continuing the discussion from What is the benefit of higher wattage?:

From my experience I’ve come find It’s not all about wattage. Although for me I get my best flavor at a higher wattage. I believe it’s all about your wire first. The role your wire play in flavor production is very important if you want the best flavor you can get. It’s not so much what your wire does. It’s more about what it doesn’t do… mute flavors. All wires mute flavors. If you don’t believe me, then taste your juice, then vape your juice. You will see a huge difference in the flavor. The thing is to find a wire that mute that least amount of flavor. Some wire also add an undesired flavor that blocks some flavors… kanthal. Almost all vapers started with and still use Kanthal, but I’ve learned it’s the worst offender when it comes to muting flavor. If all you ever used is kanthal then you think that’s how your juice is suppose to taste. You don’t even notice the metal taste that kanthal add to your juice because it’s always been there. Ni200 isn’t any better… in fact it may be worst than Kanthal. I find that Stainless Steel and Titanium offer the lowest amount of flavor reduction from your juice. These two has almost no added wire taste to your juice, thus less flavor is muted. The one drawback is they are very low resistance wires so a wattage increase may be needed to get the optimum flavor from these wires. Why do you think most Crown Tank owners love it so much. Uwell made a good tank using the right wire…SS. And even better than SS is Titanium and until you use it you won’t know how your juice really tastes.

3 Likes

Ok then… If a higher wattage is required to run ss or titanium, then a higher wattage option will be for me! Thx for posting this Pro_Vapes! (What a learning curve the last 24hrs has been!!)
Ive noticed with my iSub tank, not only are the flavors muted, but there is also a metal taste present- not particularly bad, but not to enjoyable either, & I’ll bet its a kanthal coil (yep, just checked …kanthal). I can fully appreciate what you say about this flavor detracting from your juice.
Added to which, this metal taste does concern me. I know there are studies (that I need to read again coz I cant remember if they’re referring to kanthal) that suggest “no or negligable risk…”, but for mine, I’d be thinking if you can taste the coil… well, surely cant be all that good.

2 Likes

Pro_Vapes is a class act. The people here are great. They are so willing to share their knowledge. Don’t forget to check out his, Call To Action Thread. Our vaping lives may depend on it. Of course it is your decision.

3 Likes

A class act indeed! …& the same can be said for everyone here that I’ve had the pleasure of communicating with! what a community!! I’m so fortunate to have found this site

Yes, will do… actually, just have. Ill be submitting my comment later tonight.

2 Likes

Very excellent. Spread the word . This is one fight we must unite behind.

2 Likes

Done! (Thx for the ‘tap on the shoulder’)

2 Likes

Just a practical application to what @Pro_Vapes as been saying. I’ve got a Lemo 2 with a .8 ohm, 26g kanthal coil. It’s sitting on a Sig 150 that’s set at 23 W, 4.5 V and the flavor is okay (?) I’ve got my Crown with the .25 ohm SS coil sitting on a Sig 75 that’s set at 50 W and less than 4 V, and the flavor is off the charts !! Thanks @Pro_Vapes, I’ve finally seen the light.

2 Likes

I too am very very fond of the SS wire.

I’m glad you like it. I’ve been trying to get the word out. There is so much flavor to be had.

1 Like